Royal Enfields

jpb1963

Royal Enfield motorbikes launches retail operations in Thailand

BY LARRY BANKS

Royal-Enfield-Motorcycle.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Royal Enfield just announced the launch of its retail operations in Thailand, with prices unveiled for its complete range of motorbikes, apparel and accessories at its first exclusive store in Thonglor, Bangkok.

Royal Enfield‘s first store in Thailand has been created by General Auto Supply Co. Ltd. In Bangkok, the firm’s most iconic bike, the Bullet (the world’s oldest motorcycle in continuous production since 1932) is available for 179,800 Baht for a 500 cc model.

Royal Enfield’s retro street model, known for its classic styling, and called the Classic 500, is available for 189,800 Baht, and the Classic Chrome for 198,800 Baht. The Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 cc cafe racer is available for 219,800 Baht.

Full story: https://ethailand.com/business-news/royal-enfield-motorbikes-launches-retail-operations-thailand/1624/

-- eThailand 2016-02-26

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/royalenfieldthai/?fref=nf

post-6366-0-00882600-1456567472_thumb.jp

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone lost the plot here with a price tag of 320,000 baht, especially when I just looked at a Kawasaki Vulcan 650 at 280,000.

The Enfield is a cheap bike in India, it is easy to fix by all the locals because they have had it around since WW2, but here...why would you do that?

I am sure there are places in Bangkok where, for a small fee they will beat the living daylights out of you, if it is nostalgia you are after.

I've seen even higher prices speculated for the RE's to be produced in Thailand. Very few(like maybe 3 or 4) motorcycles are worth more than a car.(IMO) Anyone that would pay extremely high prices for any bike other than the 'few' is not thinking straight.

I've seen even higher prices speculated for the RE's to be produced in Thailand. Very few(like maybe 3 or 4) motorcycles are worth more than a car.(IMO) Anyone that would pay extremely high prices for any bike other than the 'few' is not thinking straight.

What?? This is motorbike forum man, has it occurred to you that there might be a motorbike enthusiast here or 2 that rather ride a bike than sitting inside a cage with windows?

I know some guys here in Thailand that paid +1 mill baht for their bikes, smart professional guys that love bikes and can afford them. They own cars/trucks too because of family commitments but they prefer their bikes.

A good expat friend of mine owns 4-5 big bikes here and he don't have a car driver license, not interested. biggrin.png

Not my cup of tea, but if you like old school looks then its the ticket eh. Pricing not bad too at 180 to 220k through the range. Im sure they will sell a few eh and makes a change from the jap affairs ...look forward to seeing one on the road.

We were contacted by RE Thonglor, our Classic will be ready for collection from the 11th of March!

Nice bike. Post photos next week!

What color did you order? I was considering the Desert Storm one.

But I'm hanging on for the Himalayan - can you ask them when it's due in Thailand? Probably about a year off?

Familyonthemove, I ordered a Chrome/Maroon, have a look at post#64 of this thread.

The Himalayan will only be available in India in May and is not intended for export until the end of 2016.

If it is due for Thailand by then is something RE Thonglor does not know yet, my guess is that it will take at least one year for the Himalayan to be available here.

Very different bike to the Classic and a smaller (new developed) engine.

Familyonthemove, I ordered a Chrome/Maroon, have a look at post#64 of this thread.

The Himalayan will only be available in India in May and is not intended for export until the end of 2016.

If it is due for Thailand by then is something RE Thonglor does not know yet, my guess is that it will take at least one year for the Himalayan to be available here.

Very different bike to the Classic and a smaller (new developed) engine.

Thanks!

Chrome/Maroon - very nice, classic look. I had a 350 Thunderbird in India, very bike to ride long distances ...... and I even enjoyed cleaning it. Not fast, but I just enjoyed riding it and had no problems at all. Sold it to a friend before I left India, would like one here but I'm also happy with my CRF250M until the Himalayan gets here.

Firemedic, both are nice but in certain countries one would like to avoid army green.....
In Thailand plastic wrapping is a cheap option to change colors easily and reversible (do not forget that the color is mentioned in the green book....)

In 2016 RE will introduce new colors for the classics, not sure if the army green and desert storms will remain.....

Familyonthemove, if you own (and like) a CRF/M than the geometry of the Himalayan will be OK for you. I owned both a Suzuki DR650 and a CRF/M in Thailand and never got used to the Super Motard geometry of both of them. For me the RE Classic is like coming home, I prefer the classic British geometry above the SM one.

Edited by brake034

Nice one, please post pictures once you get it.

Any modifications in mind? I will order a Power Commander and once the guarantee term is over a modified exhaust plus K&N air filter.

Yes, I would love to do the same....but I have no idea where to get the stuff from. I was thinking I would like some loud exhaust, but again, I don't know where to get it from. Any ideas?

Ooops, seems only 2 episodes were made by Channel 4, downloading them now!

Correct, good viewing!

Cough! You mean you have a "friend" downloading them.....

...or perhaps you are viewing them on Youtube.

A friend of mine shows me a copy once in a while and as you say, good viewing.

He says he is coming back too........

BSJ, to be honest but as a "RE guy" it does not make me "hard" at all but I think RE is right and there is a market for this type of motorcycle.

Personally I rather would see RE bring out a twin based on the Constellation to compete with Triumph, not that that would make me "hard" either.....

BSJ, to be honest but as a "RE guy" it does not make me "hard" at all but I think RE is right and there is a market for this type of motorcycle.

Personally I rather would see RE bring out a twin based on the Constellation to compete with Triumph, not that that would make me "hard" either.....

There are rumours of a twin in the pipeline ( maybe 759 or 500).

YES YES YES! Would get me hard! Or an Interceptor. As a teenager I so wanted one...along with pixs of Nortons on the bedroom walls was a fair number of RE pixs.

Your just saying that to get me all excited! The correct numbers would be 692 or 700.

Your just saying that to get me all excited! The correct numbers would be 692 or 700.
I have heard it from a couple of sources including from people working for RE in India plus the usual (biking) suspects.