Bus Bar do you know?

daoyai

If you mean the Pizza place right next to it I think it may be closed...or it was Thursday night anyway.

Sign is still lit up (with a big Singh on side) but when I asked while at BB they said no pizza...and Chang girls and staff did not seem to know if a one of or not. I drive past it a few nights a week and never seemed ot have much business (the pizza place I mean).

As a side there was abit of a blue with the kids on the Iron Bridge on the night as well. Machette produced and part of someones hair taken off and a small patch of blood....There was a bigger police presence on Friday night (reported in CM108 s well). Shame...its a nice place for kids but after tenish they tend to act up a bit and things get tossed at cars occasionally or a bit of bravado is thrown about...but this time ended in a hospital visit. Regreattably probably not the last time.

Food at BB is Ok but smaller portions and pretty limited...its a booze/music sorta place....A few farang hispters/digital nomads there on Friday night standing around with large Changs being hip to the beat of the street and down with the kids. Might have to look for another venue if that keeps up sad.png

If you mean the Pizza place right next to it I think it may be closed...or it was Thursday night anyway.

Sign is still lit up (with a big Singh on side) but when I asked while at BB they said no pizza...and Chang girls and staff did not seem to know if a one of or not. I drive past it a few nights a week and never seemed ot have much business (the pizza place I mean).

As a side there was abit of a blue with the kids on the Iron Bridge on the night as well. Machette produced and part of someones hair taken off and a small patch of blood....There was a bigger police presence on Friday night (reported in CM108 s well). Shame...its a nice place for kids but after tenish they tend to act up a bit and things get tossed at cars occasionally or a bit of bravado is thrown about...but this time ended in a hospital visit. Regreattably probably not the last time.

Food at BB is Ok but smaller portions and pretty limited...its a booze/music sorta place....A few farang hispters/digital nomads there on Friday night standing around with large Changs being hip to the beat of the street and down with the kids. Might have to look for another venue if that keeps up sad.png

Thanks for the explanation of last night. I walk across it often at night and for the most part the kids are polite and move out of the way. But as can be expected there are times when one or two block the way and make you walk in the street. One night I stepped on one who was fishing and drinking. I turned and just said mibpen ri. sorry about the spelling. Moderator feel free to correct it. He did not appreciate me.

Thanks for the explanation of last night. I walk across it often at night and for the most part the kids are polite and move out of the way. But as can be expected there are times when one or two block the way and make you walk in the street. One night I stepped on one who was fishing and drinking. I turned and just said mibpen ri. sorry about the spelling. Moderator feel free to correct it. He did not appreciate me.

i wouldn't appreciate a mai bpen rai either. wow your Thai is BAD. next time you "step on" another human try "kohr tawt khrap" before you get punched.

As a side there was abit of a blue with the kids on the Iron Bridge on the night as well. Machette produced and part of someones hair taken off and a small patch of blood....

Actually more like a butcher's knife from the photo. Appears about 20 got into a ruckus at the iron bridge. CM108

i wouldn't appreciate a mai bpen rai either. wow your Thai is BAD. next time you "step on" another human try "kohr tawt khrap" before you get punched.

You are right my Thai is bad. But I knew what I was saying. the lazy guy was blocking the whole walk way all by himself. When ever it has happened it was always a minimum of three most of them make room.

^ Not only is your Thai appalling (not out of the ordinary by itself) but you apparently also don't know you don't step over people in this country. (Or even step over valued items, such as books or food.) Yes, tourists fresh off the plane do it all the time, and worse. But come on, how long can you spend in a country and not pick up on some of these things..

^ Not only is your Thai appalling (not out of the ordinary by itself) but you apparently also don't know you don't step over people in this country. (Or even step over valued items, such as books or food.) Yes, tourists fresh off the plane do it all the time, and worse. But come on, how long can you spend in a country and not pick up on some of these things..

I will spell it out for you. I took an immense dislike to his refusal to let any one by and showed him just how I felt. You may bow down and kiss his ass if you wish because that is the Thai way. But I am not Thai and when one person is that indifferent to me I react he knew perfectly good and well what he was doing.. If you people would stop and think about it you would realize he did not act in the Thai way and I did not react in the Thai way. As I have said mostly when it happens it is a group mostly teens drinking. never never has it been one person blocking the whole walkway.

I don't know where you people hang around but I walk a lot and that is not the Thai way. How many times have you seen a Thai take up a 5 foot wide walk way all by himself? Even the odd one I have seen passed out on the sidewalk does not take up the whole with of it.

I will spell it out for you. I took an immense dislike to his refusal to let any one by and showed him just how I felt.

One night I stepped on one who was fishing and drinking. I turned and just said mibpen ri. sorry about the spelling. Moderator feel free to correct it. He did not appreciate me.

OK so you set out to provoke a reaction.. and you got one..

Whats the mystery ??

I'm afraid I have to go along with Northernjohn in this particular case.

To get to the BB if by myself I ride over Nawarat and do a big loop through Chang Khlan.....If I am with Thais they will always insist on riding on the Iron Bridge footpath with me generally leading way (which I feel really bad about for inconvenience caused however. Thais do this all the time no problem). There will be occasions when some bravado is show by a Thai youth and he will be a bit slow to move (but move he does)....but when they see I have a Thai on the back and a group of Thais on motorcycles behind their deference and self preservation gene kicks in smartly. On the Iron Bridge specifically late at night specifically with this size of group of youths you will eventually find someone who wants to show it to the Westerner to impress his 14 year old girlfriend.

In general I can agree with Winnie..on stepping over as a no no but manners are a two way street. The Iron Bridge is somewhat different, They do get out of the way for Thais walking, they do not make them walk on the road, they are head down and pulling legs in quick smart. People should be able to walk on the footpath (novel idea I know)...with the occasional contrite motorcycle as well smile.png

I have walked across the Bridge like Northernjohn and later in the night SOME have been reluctant to move I have come across one lad snickering at his gf after a pitiful attempt to show some defiance towards me. I stopped leaned over the bridge to take in the view for a while with my body slightly pushing his head out of the way, he looked up, I looked down, he moved on. Mommy did not raise no bitch. If you provoke you should accept that there may be a response....that is why it is called provocation. Bad manners should be corrected....undeserved disrespect is not on either.

This is an unusual place and later in the night does become worse as youngish couples give ways to groups of milling youth (dare I say on some occasions "gangs"..sorry TAT). There is a reason the police blitz this place every now and again....they check licenses to motorcycles (as often parked on footpath later on) id, ages, etc and I have (one occasion only) seen items tossed over the side (weapons or pharma I do not know). Same things happens in all cities all over the world...youth milling round late at night with drink/drugs/testosterone does not always end well.....this is not a Thai "culture" issue.

^ Actually wonder if due to early bar closings you're going to see a lot more of that.. people just hanging out at exactly spots like that. A bit of a view, a breeze, a crowd of people..

That is exactly what has happened at that particular spot with kids all the way from the iron bridge to the Nawarat bridge on some nights. Where are they supposed to go?

As regards to the original question.... The pizza place is no longer there, not just closed, but gone.

Archived