Visa Run to Laos Border at Mukdahan's Friendship Bridge

I read on another site that it is currently not possible to get a 15-Day Visa on Arrival at the Cambodian border.

I was wondering if anyone could verify that it is still possible to exit & re-enter Thailand at Mukdahan's Friendship Bridge and get a 15-Day Visa on Arrival upon re-entering.

Many thanks.

What country are your from. I assume you are asking about 15 day visa exempt entry not a visa on arrival that costs 1000 baht.

You can do an out/in exempt entry at Mukdahan.

For about 10 days it is now possible to a do a out/in visa exempt entry unless you total of 90 days on them this year at the Cambodia border.

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates.

Oops ... yes, I meant "15 day visa exempt entry". I had somehow thought the two terms were syonymous.

Tx for the update re this (new?) restricition ...

For about 10 days it is now possible to a do a out/in visa exempt entry unless you total of 90 days on them this year at the Cambodia border.

I was wondering if any restriction/issue regarding prior length of stay in Thailand is likely to be applied when getting a "15 day visa exempt entry" stamp at the MUK border? Reason being, I've been in Thailand 20 months now since my last trip home and, for the past 15 months, have been using a Non-Imm "O" Extension based on Marriage. The Marriage-based Extension expires this week. However, I'm heading back home some time within the next fortnight [exact date not known yet so no ticket booking made] and staying there a few months, so just need a "15 day visa exempt entry" to cover said period.

Thanks!

Your previous stay on an extension does not count towards the visa exempt rules. You can do the crossing to Cambodia or to Laos at Mukdahan.

You could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at immigration. The 1900 baht fee for it might be less costly than a border run.

• Like 1

Ubonjoe

I seem to recall someone saying on another thread that you need to take the wife along to get the 60 day extension of stay on a non O.

Is that correct?

Yes that is correct.

A 60 day extension can be done for any type of entry it does not have to be from a non-o visa.

• Like 1

Your previous stay on an extension does not count towards the visa exempt rules. You can do the crossing to Cambodia or to Laos at Mukdahan.

You could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at immigration. The 1900 baht fee for it might be less costly than a border run.

Thanks again Ubonjoe!

The 'wife-visit' extension is a very useful option.

I assume that, since my existing extension is ending, I would firstly have to do an in/out border run before applying for the 'wife-visit' extension?