Savannakhet Tourist Visa

Hey there expats and humanoids.

I have been living in and around SE Asia for 5 and a bit years, late 20s. I have been on tourist visas and also studied Thai for a couple of years which I am almost fluent in speaking and struggle with reading and writing.

Anyway I am in Savannakhet now and today went to go and apply for a double entry tourist visa for Thailand at the consulate. I paid the 2k baht and that was fine. I need to go pick it up tomorrow. My questions is this; if there are any issues will they already have arisen? My passport is nearly full and I need to renew it due to it being full next month (I have 4 years left on it but it is just full). I would hate to go back tomorrow to be denied a visa, but I have already paid. What is the verdict people?

Cheers
Tom

You will be fine. One of the great things about the Vientiane/Savannakhet consulates is that they refuse you before taking your money if at all. Worst case they will tell you this is your last tourist visa from them and stamp your passport accordingly.

You will be fine. One of the great things about the Vientiane/Savannakhet consulates is that they refuse you before taking your money if at all. Worst case they will tell you this is your last tourist visa from them and stamp your passport accordingly.

oh wow thanks a bunch. I went to Vientiane for my last visa which was an ED and that was hell in the sense of waiting, weather, ques etc. It is a much better decision to come here I think. Even though there is little to do. I am now sitting on the Mekong with some beer Lao and enjoying life, so yeah thanks for the piece of mind. This is my first tourist visa in years so that may benefit me I guess..

Edited by monk213

Oh sorry if anybody is still reading this thread, because I am not used to tourist visas since way back in like 2010, I have a double entry (120 days?) .. does that mean I can stay in Thailand for 2 months and then make a month extension, then leave and do the same again?

Yes if they take your money, you're good in Laos.

How many TR visa in your passport?

How many from Laos?

I have one visa from Laos but that is an ED visa I got in Vientiane last year. I think I had an entry stamp to get into Laos that time, before that I have a few tourist visas to Burma way back in 2010-2011. I mainly have 90 day reporting for studying Thai

(PS my passport is at the Thai consulate so not sure, but yea mainly 90 day reporting for studying Thai)

Edited by monk213

It's very unlikely that you'll be declined if they accepted the application.

Lets just say that it does get declined, how long can I stay in Laos? I tried to go to Myanmar a few days ago at Khanjanaburi but they said I needed a visa, I just wanted a tourist visa for Thai. Anyway I am denied I can either stay in Laos or go back to England I guess, but would very much prefer to stay in Laos, and of course Thailand is my priority as of now

I assume you got a 30 day visa on entry to Laos so you're good to stay until that expires. No idea how to extend a Laos visa or get a new one but I believe it's easy.

Kanchanaburi don't allow visa exempt entry. If you get a double entry tourist visa you will be able to use kanchanaburi to activate your second entry.

I assume you got a 30 day visa on entry to Laos so you're good to stay until that expires. No idea how to extend a Laos visa or get a new one but I believe it's easy.

Kanchanaburi don't allow visa exempt entry. If you get a double entry tourist visa you will be able to use kanchanaburi to activate your second entry.

What I would ideally like to do is get this Thai double entry visa which I applied for, and as far as people here (thanks in advance already guys) have said, I am almost certain to get that. It is 60 days x2, so does that mean I have 60 days plus a 30 day extension and then repeat? I want nothin to do with kanchanaburi, my school which I just officially closed my last ED visa with advised I went there for a one month stamp back to Thai, but that failed. I have fallen in love with Laos though after coming here for the 2nd time lol laugh.png biggrin.png So yeah for now a double entry tourist visa to Thai will be fine and maybe later will look into staying in laos. it is so much more laid back, friendly and less concerning about money as Thais seem to be on the whole.

• Like 1

You don't really need to worry about getting your visa since your application was already accepted and the fee paid.

Your can extend both your 60 day entries for 30 days at an immigration office.

When did you try to a crossing at Kanchanaburi, Since the 7th or 8th of this month they should allow a out/in for a visa exempt entry.

You don't really need to worry about getting your visa since your application was already accepted and the fee paid.

Your can extend both your 60 day entries for 30 days at an immigration office.

When did you try to a crossing at Kanchanaburi, Since the 7th or 8th of this month they should allow a out/in for a visa exempt entry.

The weird thing is I went to Kanchanaburi with my Thai GF on the 15th of this month and before I even showed them my passport she was denied as she had no Myanmar visa... and she is Thai! and then I was denied... That seemed strange to me. But if I am cool for this double entry here then I am ok for now. is that visa coming into effect starting November for 6 months, I know the Thai IM say a lot but very rarely act.

Note; anybody who is interested in a similar situation as me in my OP, I will let you all know how the pickup goes tomorrow at 2pm

Have a good one all

the pic up was a total breeze, best visa run / consulate / immigration officials I have eve death with highly recommend