He Does Not Want To Marry

I am asking for a friend who has no internet access and did not know about the new VOA issue…

He is living here in Thailand with his girl friend who he supports (not Married) they have been together for several years now, She has a small business and, they have had one child together , born in Thailand

he comes to see them for as long as he can normally on a , ( VOA ) , and returns home to earn more money Ect...... here’s my questions...

A. He does not want to marry (don’t ask me why as I don't know)

B. He is under 50 years of age

C. Due to the fact he has a child born in Thailand he supports , can this fact be in some way used to help apply for a type of Visa , allowing him a longer stay duration each time he comes over to see his family ...?

If having a child born in Thailand does not in any way assist or help him with a better type of visa application, can forum members please offer the best route for him to take...?

Your comments and advice most welcome please

Thanks.............. Mumbo

He should be able to obtain a non immigrant O visa from most Consulates by presenting the birth certificate with his name on it. This would allow a 90 day stay and if he can obtain a multi entry type could be used for over a year. The multi entry type is easier to obtain at small Consulates in home countries.

Hi guys

I'm in the same situation as the guy who's the father of a Thai child. I'm off to Laos soon to try and get a Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa. My name is on my son's (Thai) birth certificate and I'll also take his Tabien Baan, but what I'm not sure about is whether or not I am expected to show any kind of funds at all in order to get a 90-day Non-Imm 'O' visa on this basis.

Also, would it be worth my while applying for multiple-entry? If they refuse, will they just give me single entry, or could they refuse the Non-Imm 'O' outright because I asked for multi-entry? And would I need to show funds for a multi-entry visa?

Always more questions than answers, but thanks to anyone who can shed light on this.

Nick

Hi guys

I'm in the same situation as the guy who's the father of a Thai child. I'm off to Laos soon to try and get a Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa. My name is on my son's (Thai) birth certificate and I'll also take his Tabien Baan, but what I'm not sure about is whether or not I am expected to show any kind of funds at all in order to get a 90-day Non-Imm 'O' visa on this basis.

Also, would it be worth my while applying for multiple-entry? If they refuse, will they just give me single entry, or could they refuse the Non-Imm 'O' outright because I asked for multi-entry? And would I need to show funds for a multi-entry visa?

Always more questions than answers, but thanks to anyone who can shed light on this.

Nick

The multiple entry is deffinently the better option because it lasts longer and if you use it correctly you can stay here for up to 15 months on it, but here is news from Laos.

I called the laos Embassy in PP last week and asked them many Questions because I to am looking into getting a Non O. The said they would issue a Single entry 90 Day Non O with no problems, just take the paperwork but they said that no way they could issue a 1 year multiple entry Non O. They told me that they do not have the authority to grant a 1 year Non O. I dont know if that is a fact or not but that is what the lady I spoke to on the phone told me and she seemed very helpful. So yeah, im off to Singapore in afew weeks to get the 1 year Non O which they will issue.

The said they would issue a Single entry 90 Day Non O with no problems, just take the paperwork but they said that no way they could issue a 1 year multiple entry Non O.

Hi

Thanks for the reply - it's good to know they'll issue SOME kind of visa with 'no problems'! What I really need to know, though, is whether or not I need to show any evidence of funds in the bank to get the Non-Imm 'O' 90-day visa based on support of a Thai citizen (my son). Is this evidence part of the 'paperwork' you refer to, or is the my son's birth certificate the only requirement?

Many thanks

Nick

A visa, from a consulate, does not require any proof of funds other than the normal visa entry requirements as it is not for support but to visit. The support factor would only come in if you extend your stay at an immigration office.

A visa, from a consulate, does not require any proof of funds other than the normal visa entry requirements as it is not for support but to visit. The support factor would only come in if you extend your stay at an immigration office.

I went into the Pattaya Imigration office yesturday and was told that to get a type O visa for support of my son (not married to GF) I would need an order from the court that I must support him, and I would need to have 400,000 bht in the bank. My name is on the birth certificate, all the time my GF was speaking to him, he was looking through what looked like a regulations book but couldn't seem to find what he was looking for so maybe didn't know for sure. We didn't get as far as to ask if I could get the visa without leaving Thailand so not sure if this is the same requirment if I would apply for the visa at an outside consulate or maybe the guy just didn't know what he was talking about.

I main reason I wanted the visa in the first place was so I could renew my Thai drivers License so the imigration people told me that I could renew with my tourist visa which I did.

Edited by Bobm1

Well ive just checked with my friend, and yes his daughter born here in Thailand, does have a Thai birth certificate

And the certificate shows the daughter’s last name as being the same as the fathers (my friend) the Childs name is written in English.

My friend is going back (alone) to the UK in a few Months, and is un- sure of just what he needs to take with him

When he applies at a Thai Embassy in the UK for a visa along the lines of having and supporting a Thai daughter, (aged 1 .Year)

Can some one please possibly outline what will / may be asked for when applying for a, non imm ‘O’ multiple Visas ..?

as he really does not want to get to the Thai Embassy and be turned down because of the lack of the correct paper work Etc.

As he lives in the London Area, he can make an appointment go to the Thai Embassy there, but I have heard that the London

Embassy is not user Friendly..? So he is willing to travel to any other Thai Embassy in the UK if he has to e.g. Hull...?

Any comments or advice most welcome please………….. mumbo

Well ive just checked with my friend, and yes his daughter born here in Thailand, does have a Thai birth certificate

And the certificate shows the daughter’s last name as being the same as the fathers (my friend) the Childs name is written in English.

My friend is going back (alone) to the UK in a few Months, and is un- sure of just what he needs to take with him

When he applies at a Thai Embassy in the UK for a visa along the lines of having and supporting a Thai daughter, (aged 1 .Year)

Can some one please possibly outline what will / may be asked for when applying for a, non imm ‘O’ multiple Visas ..?

as he really does not want to get to the Thai Embassy and be turned down because of the lack of the correct paper work Etc.

As he lives in the London Area, he can make an appointment go to the Thai Embassy there, but I have heard that the London

Embassy is not user Friendly..? So he is willing to travel to any other Thai Embassy in the UK if he has to e.g. Hull...?

Any comments or advice most welcome please………….. mumbo

Thai consulate in Birmingham is your friends best bet

http://www.thailand-visa.com/NonImmigrantVisa.html

Only needs a copy of the birth certificate, passport, application form (can download) and the fee.

geofphuket

For poster needing a court order is a requirement for extension of stay from Immigration - not a visa requirement. But Immigration is not going to change a visa without you qualifying for extension of stay so that is the reason it was refused.

I would use a Consulate other than London myself and believe the birth certificate will be all that is required.