Australian pedophile arrested in Udon Thani

webfact

How can you enter Thailand illegally unless you ran the border somewhere at night or swam

across the river from Laos.....

I think you could probably get a boat to take you so you wouldn't have to swim.

There are these massive unguarded borders with Laos, Burma and Cambodia that if you knew the right people it would be easy to get across. I know there is essentially a path between Poipet and Arun that the locals use when they don't want to bother with the official border. It must be easy in say Sakhon Nakhon province for example.

If only Sakon Nakon had an international border :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being a paedophile is not a crime. Call him a child molester if he has been convicted of that, Get it right

You not knowing how to spell pedophile should be a crime.

Actuallly both spellings are acceptible.

Absolutely rite.

And may I add the the term paedophile (or pedophile) is particularly ill chosen because etymologically it means who loves children ... which would imply that all normally built parents, for example, are paedophiles biggrin.png

For good measure, I'll mention that homosexual is also a bad choice of words, because then anyone who's had sex with one of his own (even once) is technically a homosexual. What defines gays is obviously not the sexual aspect but the fact that they fall in love with another guy/gal. Here, the term homophile would be adequate. But no one will use it nowadays, of course, because it sounds too much like pedophile, so there we are : it's totally absurd.

That was just twopence of etymology by a logophile.

Edited by Yann55

In Oz convicted paedophile sexual offenders are put on a register & must apply to the federal police for permission to travel and often alert the receiving country in order that they can decide whether to permit entry or not. It would appear permission to travel was granted, but he failed to return to Oz, thereby triggering the AFP to track his whereabouts and notifying the Thai authorities to detain & return him to Oz. There have been calls to never permit convicted paedophiles to travel overseas in any circumstances, but as yet legislation has not been enacted.

I do know how to spell Paedophile The English way (Paed child, Ped of the foot) Look it up in an English dictionary, I am not American

www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/paedophile

A person who is sexually attracted to children. Meaning, pronunciation and example sentences, English to English reference content.

For me it is a crime against a young human . If you think it ain't, then bugger off...

"If you think it ain't, then bugger off..."

Legally speaking, buggery is also a crime (against nature). whistling.gif

Yes, in certain legal systems - e.g. Saudi Arabia, Tanzania, Iran...

Being a paedophile is not a crime. Call him a child molester if he has been convicted of that, Get it right

So is Rock Spider,,,,exterminate Spiders,,,,

How can you enter Thailand illegally unless you ran the border somewhere at night or swam

across the river from Laos.....

I think you could probably get a boat to take you so you wouldn't have to swim.

There are these massive unguarded borders with Laos, Burma and Cambodia that if you knew the right people it would be easy to get across. I know there is essentially a path between Poipet and Arun that the locals use when they don't want to bother with the official border. It must be easy in say Sakhon Nakhon province for example.

That bit sounds easy enough. You would think getting out of Australia when you're not supposed to would be tricky though. Or do they not check outbound passengers?

Edit: Just noticed in a post above "There have been calls to never permit convicted paedophiles to travel overseas in any circumstances, but as yet legislation has not been enacted.". Huh...

Edited by cocopops

there is essentially a path between Poipet and Arun that the locals use when they don't want to bother with the official border.

the mind boggles

At the Mukdahan/Savannakhet border you can simply walk back into Thailand after stamping out. There is nothing to stop you and nobody will anyway.

Whenever, I cross into Laos that way, I am usually directed to follow the minivan guy back into Thailand where his minivan is parked in the carpark (beside my car). I often wonder, "What is to stop me just getting back in my car and driving home?"

there is essentially a path between Poipet and Arun that the locals use when they don't want to bother with the official border.

the mind boggles

Why? Happens all the time in some portions of the US/Mexico border.

I don't care how you spell it. Cut his penis off. Next case.

I do know how to spell Paedophile The English way (Paed child, Ped of the foot) Look it up in an English dictionary, I am not American

www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/paedophile

A person who is sexually attracted to children. Meaning, pronunciation and example sentences, English to English reference content.

Don't worry he cannot spell colour, favour, realise, flavour and has no idea what bonkers or knackered mean

Didn't anyone notice the part about his bank transfers being monitored.

I wonder who else has access to your bank transactions?

Exactly - my first thoughts about this post. What gives the Australian Federal Police the authority to monitor this guys bank account, and are not the bank breaching privacy laws by divulging such information?

I'm not defending this creep at all, but the ramifications of the A.F.P. actions are frightening.

Exactly - my first thoughts about this post. What gives the Australian Federal Police the authority to monitor this guys bank account, and are not the bank breaching privacy laws by divulging such information?

I'm not defending this creep at all, but the ramifications of the A.F.P. actions are frightening.

AFP can access private banking transaction info for purposes of investigation; for overseas transfers more than likely in collaboration with AUSTRAC. Other government agencies, besides law enforcement / security agencies that are enabled by law are ATO & Centrelink.

Welcome to the real world...You get on somebodys radar they can do prety much what they like these days and that applies to countries the world over....fact is the banking code is not being breached...given there may have been suspected criminal activity may have been involved

1. Convicted Nonce in Aussie

2. Living in Thailand known to be a hot spot for human trafficing and nonces living therr

3. Money being transfered from Aussie to Thailand

One suspects there could be enough there for the AFP to keep an eye on him

Big brother is watching you! I have a business in Oz and I transfer money to China to pay for goods and Thailand for living expenses. After doing this for a few years my bank says "We can't do anymore transfers until you give us your address in Thailand". I told them to bugger off. I got my brother to do the transfers after that. After 3 transfers he got a phone call from some government spook asking why he was doing my transfers and what the nature of the business is.

For the next 3 container they were physically inspected by customs. They open the container, pull everything out and open everything!

One small business getting 5 or 6 containers a year may get one physical container inspection once every 3 or 4 or 5 years. But 3 in a row......you figure it out!

Kiddy fiddlers......terminate the maggots!

Great work by the AFP. Hope he has transgressed some law (short of molestation) to pinch him for a bit.

His passport should be taken away or forced to apply for travel permits.

And it raises that old chestnut again, time for Thailand to cancel entry permits and require visas for entry full stop. I note that there was no mention of how he entered, however permits do not scrutinize entrants at all. E-visas are not difficult nor are they going to dissuade genuine tourists. Never been a busier period of global people movement. It's the first action for controlling borders better.

Edited by optad

Big brother is watching you! I have a business in Oz and I transfer money to China to pay for goods and Thailand for living expenses. After doing this for a few years my bank says "We can't do anymore transfers until you give us your address in Thailand". I told them to bugger off. I got my brother to do the transfers after that. After 3 transfers he got a phone call from some government spook asking why he was doing my transfers and what the nature of the business is.

For the next 3 container they were physically inspected by customs. They open the container, pull everything out and open everything!

Same thing happened to me last year. CBA wanted my Thai address for any future transfers, sending funds to self, bank to bank. I used another account-bank twice and got a call from them requiring the same thing. I have no real problems i.e nothing to hide so unconcerned but it is interesting what they know.