where is a good place to improve a 2014 Fortuner 3.0 (suspension, ecu and maybe Breakes)

MoD1977

Back to the OP ...

I see a couple of problems in installing a softer suspension - where to get in LOS is the first one. In North America it would not be an issue - all the aftermarket manufacturers can provide technical info to enable you to set up your ride just how you want it. Any reputable spring manufacturer can build leaf or coil springs to suit - even variable rate springs so you would not loose too much load carrying capacity while ensuring a smooth ride when unladen.

The second one - finding someone with the knowledge to give you proper advise here.

Might be worth a look at the racers. Many savvy tuners here, just a matter of finding one who understands what you want, and can steer you in the right direction of where to source the parts.

ECU - many places. 3.0 Toyota very popular.

Big brakes - in my opinion these and the large diameter wheels with ultra low profile tires is more a 'Look At Me' thing and bring no practical value in the real world. The ride suffers from the lack of sidewall, are very noisy - and you pay through the noise for the privilege.

Good Luck

Hi,

I think i don't make it clear enough (apologize my limited English).

I don't want a softer Ride, I want better Dampers.

The suspension "hardness" is ok at the moment but the dampers don't make a good job.

For example when i take the Highway 7 up to Bangkok, the section between Pattaya and Chonburi where the road is made out of concrete its shaking my teeth off. wink.png

I hope you understand what I mean.

It's the small shocks from the expansion joints in the road the orig. Dampers cannot compensate which is a sign for me that the orig. dampers are not good enough.

The solution what I'm looking for is a complete high quality Suspension package (Dampers and springs) which is not rock hard.

Perfect would be an adjustable kit.

Is somebody here who put in a suspension kit in his Fortuner and share his experience?

Regards

MoD

The 7 both in and out of Pattaya is a pig of a road. I have travelled on that in both my Sportivo as well as many saloons all have the same result large vibrations + rumbling noise more akin to driving off road. Once on the motorway no problem I think you'll find that it's not your Tuna it's the Thai road.

I did once ask the wife why a new one should have been built that bad I received a one word reply to-wit CORRUPTION.

Edited by fredob43

Car manufacturers fit suspension that is a compromise to allow for a lot of variable conditions. In Australia there are many aftermarket spring/shock suppliers that sell various packages based on your end needs. One of them is OME (Old Man Emu) as someone mentioned above. They are an ARB product and they are available in Thailand.

http://www.oldmanemu.com.au/products/coil-springs/

or their Thai site here:

http://www.arb.co.th/products/old-man-emu-suspension/?lang=en

Another brand Pedders is also available here.

http://www.pedders.com.au/store/th/10/thailand

Despite what some people say, you can definitely get a better ride without compromising load or stability by changing the coils and shocks.