What NOT to do to your car

WarpSpeed

Speaking of body modifications.... she needs a nose job.

Fixed it fer y'all...

And I wouldn't retouch a thing on her, nose included...

I'd like to touch and retouch a lot of "things" on her myself. w00t.gif

Edited by WarpSpeed

So where i'm living in Portugal, my friend gave me 2 silver chrome

vents that are stick on, the car has to do a yearly inspection for

safety, because those parts weren't stock standard from the factory

i had to remove them before i could the certificate, what a boring

country this is, no hot rods or customizing here, move on now.

Pity you, I thought Thailand was bad... sad.png

pic-1376710917.jpg

What's wrong with this? It's a flood truck, man we were really glad to see these during that time, they were life savers and rode out of the floods on the back of one, a raised Jeep, they guy drove us about 3 miles and wouldn't take a dime even for gas. I always said, like here in Florida when a hurricane comes, though very seldom, adversity brings out the best in most of humanity when we ALL need each other to survive.

What's wrong with this? It's a flood truck, man we were really glad to see these during that time, they were life savers and rode out of the floods on the back of one, a raised Jeep, they guy drove us about 3 miles and wouldn't take a dime even for gas. I always said, like here in Florida when a hurricane comes, though very seldom, adversity brings out the best in most of humanity when we ALL need each other to survive.

The problem is the other 99.5% of the time when it's a rollover accident looking for a curve to happen...

In Buriram many kerbs are 15 -20 cm high. I don't know how long many of these cars would pass unscathed unless you parked 50cm from the kerb. I miss my heavy truck, now that was a delight to drive, butt ugly.

Not to mention the speed humps.

Pot holes around my way are deeper than this...!

The problem is the other 99.5% of the time when it's a rollover accident looking for a curve to happen...

Well there is that. The suspension does look pretty stiff and boxy.

$_75.JPG

I'm guessing the rims and tires on a truck maybe? Yeah kind of useless with that set up. Wait! That's not another members truck is it?

I think his was black.

Yes but wasn't that his first one? I thought he got another one?

$_75.JPG

I'm guessing the rims and tires on a truck maybe? Yeah kind of useless with that set up. Wait! That's not another members truck is it?
I think his was black.

Yes but wasn't that his first one? I thought he got another one?
Possibly. Not seen him post for a while. Maybe he's keeping busy driving through klongs in it? Edited by JaseTheBass

Actually this one is not that bad in taking this SEAT and making into a baby Bugatti. biggrin.png

389925_10151010383570112_1715334151_n-48

Thai turbo charging............................Can you say Turbo lag? laugh.png

427214_10151261683625112_675426020_n-400

I think you'll find that the "Seat" is an EG series Civic.

Why are you taking the rise out of Thai modifiers? I could be wrong but the "Thai turbo charging [sic]" example is almost definitely not Thai, much more likely to be US judging from the left hand drive and what looks like a Merkur XR4 behind it. The grass, background and picket fencing is not typically Thai either.

Here we go! There's always one trying to screw up even an intended humorous thread. facepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

Not sure how you think it;s a Civic? But I'm thinking it's this and it makes more sense too since they're both VW products.

SEAT_Leon_Cupra_Mk2.jpg

Though there are differences, so is the whole car. Anyway, moving on..

I wasn't trying to screw up anything, I was simply commenting on what seemed to be a piss-take at the expense of the Thais.

How do I know the "Bugatti" base car is a Civic? Because it is, I recognise it and certain Civic styling elements and there have been discussions about it in the past. Take a look at the rear side window and roof lines just for a start.

You are right though, Seat and Bugatti are both VW marques but the conversion on the Civic was not done with any Bugatti parts so there is no VW connection.

Anyway, moving on...

Why are you taking the rise out of Thai modifiers? I could be wrong but the "Thai turbo charging [sic]" example is almost definitely not Thai, much more likely to be US judging from the left hand drive and what looks like a Merkur XR4 behind it. The grass, background and picket fencing is not typically Thai either.

This forum is anything motoring, from anywhere.......thumbsup.gif

I'm well aware of that, my comment was directed at his apparent dig at Thai modifiers.

This forum is anything motoring, from anywhere.......thumbsup.gif

I'm well aware of that, my comment was directed at his apparent dig at Thai modifiers.

Touchy much? Sure I was taking a dig at Thai modifiers, and Americans and plenty of others, that's the theme of the thread but seldom in my extensive travels have I ever come across as entertaining a modifications as I have in Thailand some good and many bad ideas. That particular one, while I know did not come from Thailand, was too much like a Thai mod in comparison, besides you've no idea whether or not it's a Thai guy now living in the states now do you?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Actually this one is not that bad in taking this SEAT and making into a baby Bugatti. biggrin.png

389925_10151010383570112_1715334151_n-48

427214_10151261683625112_675426020_n-400

Here we go! There's always one trying to screw up even an intended humorous thread. facepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

Not sure how you think it;s a Civic? But I'm thinking it's this and it makes more sense too since they're both VW products.

SEAT_Leon_Cupra_Mk2.jpg

Though there are differences, so is the whole car. Anyway, moving on..

I wasn't trying to screw up anything, I was simply commenting on what seemed to be a piss-take at the expense of the Thais.

How do I know the "Bugatti" base car is a Civic? Because it is, I recognise it and certain Civic styling elements and there have been discussions about it in the past. Take a look at the rear side window and roof lines just for a start.

You are right though, Seat and Bugatti are both VW marques but the conversion on the Civic was not done with any Bugatti parts so there is no VW connection.

Anyway, moving on...

Gee I had hoped you got the message the first time and would leave it lie but no such luck. Ok so maybe it's a Civic? So what, was the point of my response in regards to your need to attempt to derail what is supposed to be a thread in jest, not placing any emphasis on accuracy, in the first place. A light hearted look at people's over creativity with their vehicles and some a lack of taste altogether instead of the usual tight lipped technical threads like Claire is always bringing upgiggle.gifthumbsup.gif .

Edited by WarpSpeed

Anyway, moving on...

Gee I had hoped you got the message the first time and would leave it lie but no such luck. Ok so maybe it's a Civic? So what, was the point of my response in regards to your need to attempt to derail what is supposed to be a thread in jest, not placing any emphasis on accuracy, in the first place. A light hearted look at people's over creativity with their vehicles and some a lack of taste altogether instead of the usual tight lipped technical threads like Claire is always bringing upgiggle.gifthumbsup.gif .

My god, you're a bit bloody touchy, aren't you, are responses to your posts forbidden, is there a forum rule that I've overlooked? Why do you think you're in the position to make other posters "get the message", "Don" Warpspeed?

One of the reasons I responded was that you asked a question about what made me think it was a Civic so I told you. No derailing involved. Contrary to what you say, there was an emphasis on accuracy, from you, otherwise you wouldn't have posted that giant pic of the Seat in an attempt to back up your incorrect assertion.

Who is Claire?

Never take T.V.seriously,25 years ago id be splitting hairs over truck performance n specs, now i cant stand to hear a clonker.Its an Age n Money ting.Id like a VRX Holden top saloon, but living here its a borein Civic, Cup of Nescafe,and enjoy the bickering of the posters.coffee1.gifgigglem.gif

Anyway, moving on...

My god, you're a bit bloody touchy, aren't you, are responses to your posts forbidden, is there a forum rule that I've overlooked? Why do you think you're in the position to make other posters "get the message", "Don" Warpspeed?

One of the reasons I responded was that you asked a question about what made me think it was a Civic so I told you. No derailing involved. Contrary to what you say, there was an emphasis on accuracy, from you, otherwise you wouldn't have posted that giant pic of the Seat in an attempt to back up your incorrect assertion.

Who is Claire?

How ironic... Yes, sure I'm the touchy one here rolleyes.gif . Anyway just like the rest of the thread you're not keeping up, Clare is another member who comes here regularly to ask for advice and he posted in this thread already. Back on topic..

Screen-shot-2014-03-05-at-11.11.36-AM.jp

Wonder if this is the one previously only after it's been painted?

6-1.jpg

Gene Simmons car..............

ht_gene_simmons_kiss_car_ss_jt_120624_ss

Recycler?

Screen-shot-2014-03-05-at-11.10.18-AM.jp

Here's one near to my heart................biggrin.png

Screen-shot-2014-03-05-at-11.10.31-AM.jp

Edited by WarpSpeed