Non-O ME Marriage in Savannakhet. Required Docs Oct 2015.

It is a great visa. I got 355 days +90(Last entry before it expired) +60 extension due to being married. Almost 17 months very reasonable too. I know one thing I am taking it slow this time. When I went last year I did the trip in under 48 hours it was brutal Home 4pm-> Bkk To Mukatan 9pm LAos 6am Embassy 8am picked it up at 3pm Mukatan to Bkk 6pm Mo Chit home 6am home by 8:30am to have breakfast with my wife.

I heard on the second one you need to provide an updated Kor 2? I am still married still living in the same home.

It is a great visa. I got 355 days +90(Last entry before it expired) +60 extension due to being married. Almost 17 months very reasonable too. I know one thing I am taking it slow this time. When I went last year I did the trip in under 48 hours it was brutal Home 4pm-> Bkk To Mukatan 9pm LAos 6am Embassy 8am picked it up at 3pm Mukatan to Bkk 6pm Mo Chit home 6am home by 8:30am to have breakfast with my wife.

I heard on the second one you need to provide an updated Kor 2? I am still married still living in the same home.

You will need to spend at least one night in Savannakhet now. No more same day service.

There is no requirement for a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry to get another visa.

Hi.

One question, is it also possible to get multiple entry 1 year visa based on my daughters? (Not married)

The oldest one is recognized at the Ampur that I am the father.

No need for financial proof?

If you have documentary evidence of being the child's legal father then maybe.

Hi.

One question, is it also possible to get multiple entry 1 year visa based on my daughters? (Not married)

The oldest one is recognized at the Ampur that I am the father.

No need for financial proof?

You could get one in Savannakhet but you have to prove you are living together as a family (defacto marriage). The best way to do that is for your family to be with you when you apply for the visa.

You could also get one in Penang without the family but would need to show at least 100k baht in the bank or proof of income.

• Like 1

On application form from Savannkhet consul attached asks name and address of sponsors in Laos and Thailand

In Thailand can be my wife, but what address in Lao a Hotel please.

How to pay Lao Hotel , will $100 get a decent double room handy for consulate for one night?

What did others do or leave ilao address blank,as i thought go visa office first then look for hotel.

Money is fee paid in Baht or KIp $ etc,Are their atm at border take thai cards?

How to pay Lao Hotel ,thai bank cards? will 2-3000 baht $100 get a decent double room handy for consulate for one night?

Anywhere that can be booked online please?

looked Vegas package but they no longer run visa service.

Also where best leave Thai car,?

Thai ,side is there secure parking or better drive into hotel Lao, would we need docs insurance to at Lao immigration side? Is a Thai licence acceptable or necessary to get International?

Edited by RubbaJohnny

You can pay everything in baht

So have plenty of small notes

If you are unlucky they give you the change in kip

Hotel prices range from about 400 to maybe 3000 a night

I left my car in the closest car park

No problems

there is also a secure car park just before you enter the complex

On application form from Savannkhet consul attached asks name and address of sponsors in Laos and Thailand

In Thailand can be my wife, but what address in Lao a Hotel please.

How to pay Lao Hotel , will $100 get a decent double room handy for consulate for one night?

What did others do or leave ilao address blank,as i thought go visa office first then look for hotel.

Money is fee paid in Baht or KIp $ etc,Are their atm at border take thai cards?

How to pay Lao Hotel ,thai bank cards? will 2-3000 baht $100 get a decent double room handy for consulate for one night?

Anywhere that can be booked online please?

looked Vegas package but they no longer run visa service.

Also where best leave Thai car,?

Thai ,side is there secure parking or better drive into hotel Lao, would we need docs insurance to at Lao immigration side? Is a Thai licence acceptable or necessary to get International?

Leave the Laos sponsor blank that is only for Laotians. For the Thai one you can put self or perhaps you wife's name.

You can find hotels in Savannakhet online (try Agoda). Many people have mentioned the Avalon as being good and it is close to he consulate.

You will need 5000 baht to pay for the visa.

There is secure parking on the left just before you get to the bridge.

• Like 1

You will need to spend at least one night in Savannakhet now. No more same day service.

There is no requirement for a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry to get another visa.

Thanks, I was hoping you would reply because you always have the best answers! I know about the extra day and completely fine with that(Even though it is one of the most boring cities ever!). So I would submit identical paperwork like the year before? I was told that my Kor 2 information needed to reflect that I was still married and we were a bit confused about that part since we are "still married" I have to make sure I have all the correct paperwork the second go around I am not a fan of these long trips. Again thanks Ubon you are always good source of reliable information.

• 5 weeks later...

There is no need for both of you to sign every thing. Your wife must sign and date a copy of her house book registry and ID card.

Passport photo size would be 3.5 X 4.5 cm. See application form. attachicon.gifSavannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

In regard to the Tabien Ban, Im confused to exactly what is the "front page". Sorry to sound like an idiot but Ive got copies of it which are15 pages long and all look the same.

There is no need for both of you to sign every thing. Your wife must sign and date a copy of her house book registry and ID card.

Passport photo size would be 3.5 X 4.5 cm. See application form. attachicon.gifSavannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

In regard to the Tabien Ban, Im confused to exactly what is the "front page". Sorry to sound like an idiot but Ive got copies of it which are15 pages long and all look the same.

It is page one of the tambien ban where the address of the house is shown and the page where you wife's name appears that is needed.

It is page one of the tambien ban where the address of the house is shown and the page where you wife's name appears that is needed.

Thanks, so to confirm, required documents are:

Original and copy marriage certificate (unsigned)

Wifes ID card front and back (signed and dated)

House papers (page with her name signed and dated)

Passport copy (unsigned)

Please advise is this is correct.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I plan to apply in Savannakhet soon, so just want to make sure that the original post is still valid.

Specifically that signed copies from both parties are acceptable. I understand the marriage certificate has to be original?

Passport photos of both or just mine?

Also is the downloadable form still valid? They tend to change them often.

Thank you

Hi

I plan to apply in Savannakhet soon, so just want to make sure that the original post is still valid.

Specifically that signed copies from both parties are acceptable. I understand the marriage certificate has to be original?

Thank you

Only your wife's house book and ID card has to be signed and dated by her.. You can sign the marriage certificate copy.

Only your photos are needed for the visa application form. No other photos are needed.

As far as I know the downloaded form will still be accepted.

• Like 1

Thank you.

On that note it seems like Lao Air doesn't fly to Savannakhet anymore.

What day of the week were you checking for. Checked schedule and they don't fly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from BKK. http://www.laoairlines.com/?contentkey=flightschedule

It is best to use the fly/ride service to Mukdahan. Nok Air has flights to there via 3 different airports now

Hi

Thank you

If you do not have the form the small copy shop right outside the consulate will give you a copy of the application form for 5 or 10 baht.....or they will fill it out for you for 60 baht or so. (it is easy to do it yourself obviously).

Edited by jauntyjohn

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo

I get Visa in LAOS-savannakhet, non-immigrant 0 Multi entry

and i have a stamp UNTIL 1-MARCH-2016

Where can i extend that STAMP? because My VISA is valid Until 2nd DECEMBER 2016

I dont have a 400,000 THB in my thai bank account

Thanks for any answer

post-249386-0-63206300-1456155876_thumb.

post-249386-0-86443800-1456155881_thumb.

post-249386-0-92647000-1456155886_thumb.

Just jump the boarder anywhere and you get another 90 days.

To the Original poster, you only need the KR-2 if you want a Work Permit. Where I got married, they don't normally issue them, my wife went to the Amphour where we got married and they gave her the KR-2 for my WP. As the rules have changed, a WP on a NON-O now seems to need a KR-2

Hallo

I get Visa in LAOS-savannakhet, non-immigrant 0 Multi entry

and i have a stamp UNTIL 1-MARCH-2016

Where can i extend that STAMP? because My VISA is valid Until 2nd DECEMBER 2016

I dont have a 400,000 THB in my thai bank account

Thanks for any answer

• Your visa only gives you a 90 day stay every time you enter.
  • You can enter and get a new 90 stay as many times as you want on or before Dec 2nd.
  • You can leave the country on or before March 1st and immediately re-enter for another 90 day stay.
  • You can extend this current 90 day stay by 60 days at a local immigration office. 1,900 baht. After this extension of stay (end of April) you will need to exit/re-enter or apply for a 1 year stay.
  • Any 90 day entry/stay can be extended once by 60 days.
  • 1 year extensions of stay are only available if you have 400k in the bank for two months or a minimum certified income of 40k pm.
Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

any recommendations for travelling from Bangkok to there?

How long does it take to do the visa? 2 nights?

Cheap?

Medium?

Expansive? Flights are rare...

Nok Air has a fly/ride service to Mukdahan via 3 airports. Air Asia does them via Nakhon Phanom. You can fly direct to Savannakhet from BKK but it is costly.

You apply for the visa by 11 am of one day and pick it up the next afternoon at 2 pm. If you can arrive in Mukdahan early enough in the morning you only need to spend one night.

Thanks Ubonjoe!

1) So there is not anymore applying on the one day before 11 am and getting it at the same day afternoon?

2) When does the Bridge from Thailand to Laos close ?

Because I planning my flights: Sunday Afternoon to Mukdahan... cross the boarder and sleep in Savannakhet...

Then I want on Monday to go to apply for the visa

then the question is when I get the visa back and when to book the flight back to BKK.

Thanks.

any recommendations for travelling from Bangkok to there?

How long does it take to do the visa? 2 nights?

Cheap?

Medium?

Expansive? Flights are rare...

Overland the bus journey is around 9 hours. You could go by train to Ubon and then a bus from there or fly to Ubon and bus from there if you don't want to spend all night on a bus.

Thanks Ubonjoe!

1) So there is not anymore applying on the one day before 11 am and getting it at the same day afternoon?

2) When does the Bridge from Thailand to Laos close ?

Because I planning my flights: Sunday Afternoon to Mukdahan... cross the boarder and sleep in Savannakhet...

Then I want on Monday to go to apply for the visa

then the question is when I get the visa back and when to book the flight back to BKK.

Thanks.

1. The same day service ended a little over a year ago.

2. The bridge closes at 10 pm but the Lao visa on arrival office closes at 6 pm.

Many people spend the 1st night in Mukdahan and take the 1st bus to Savannakhet the next morning.

You can pickup your passport at 2 pm.

There is no airport in Mukdahan. If you use the Nok Air fly/ride service you will get on bus or van at the Ploy Palace hotel in Mukdahan. Schedule is here: http://nokair.com/content/en/destinations/fly-n-ride/Ubon-Ratchathani-mukdahan.aspx

It will take an at least an hour or a little more to get to Mukdahan dependent upon how busy it is at the bridge.

Heard today that a number of expats have not been able to get visa's at Savanakhet. I am unsure if they were for 'O' or 'B' visa's

Anyone aware of a very recent policy change at this specific Consulate and if so, what can and cannot be done there now??