Swampy trauma

monkey4u

On Monday afternoon I arrived back at Swampy after 1 week in Oz

On presenting my pass port to be stamped, I was greeted with a high pitch wail from the immigration officer

The reason for the drama, and it took almost 1 hour to rectify was my marriage extension that was due to expire in November and my re entry permit had different

expiry dates on them

I was told I had put the wrong date stamp on it whistling.gif

I am now wondering did I meet an officer having a nervous breakdown or is she the best this country has to meet the public

She thought she had reached her target with imminent bonus on catching another farang out with a doggy visa.

"... With a doggy visa."

I don't think dogs are issued visas.

Why not, they get passports and don't need work permits or ED extensions.

She thought she had reached her target with imminent bonus on catching another farang out with a doggy visa.

"... With a doggy visa."

I don't think dogs are issued visas.

Ho you don't understand Aussie slang

Does he mean Dodgy, if so I'd wish some would learn to spell, then others would know. Doggy is doggy not dodgy, no matter what the slang.

Did you use your re-entry permit number on your arrival card?

Yes I did use the reentry permit number

The cow would not listen to anything and kept yelling I had put wrong stamp in pass port facepalm.gif

Next time just don't stamp your passport wrong, problem solved. biggrin.png

(i take it you got in in the end ?) So tell us how you got in.

first he stamps his passport wrong and then he complains!

If he did stamp his own passport, I suspect he'd have bigger problems...

I feel for the OP's frustration, and appreciate the heads up since I'm here on WP myself. But it's all part of doing the expat thing. If it was easy, anyone could do it.

If that's the biggest problem with immigration, he's luckier than I was in a decade of doing business in China...

I had the same in Singapore during a visa run, there was no entry stamp in my passport while i entered 2 hours before i left. She looked 5 times and nope no stamp. Then the chef came and nope no stamp. I laughed and told them i just arrived and showed my airticket to prove. Then another person was called and nope no stamp, how did i do that? I told them even which lane i used to come in. Then the last person suddenly found the stamp somewhere clap2.gif and i could leave....wai2.gif

I started sweating allready facepalm.gif

Did you use your re-entry permit number on your arrival card?

Yes I did use the reentry permit number

The cow would not listen to anything and kept yelling I had put wrong stamp in pass port facepalm.gif

She didn't yell loud enough it seems. Cow! Jerk!!

Archived