Vietnam scrambles for quick action after Tan Son Nhat named among worst airports

webfact

Vietnam scrambles for quick action after Tan Son Nhat named among worst airports

san_bay_tan_son_nhatanh_bach_duong_1_XEN

VIETNAM: -- Vietnamese aviation authorities will review the problems facing Tan Son Nhat International Airport and find solutions to improve the quality of services here, Thanh Nien News reported.

Lai Xuan Thanh, head of the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam, said the Ministry of Transport had ordered the Southern Airports Authority to convene an urgent meeting with service providers at Tan Son Nhat to fix the problems at the airport.

The move was made after Tan Son Nhat was ranked 8th in the annual list of the worst airports in the world compiled by travel website Sleeping in Airports.

It took the fourth place in the regional blacklist for Asia, moving in the wrong direction from the eighth position last year. The survey made headlines on local newspapers and attracted wide attention.

This year’s survey, which asked fliers to identify the world’s worst and best aviation terminals, attracted 26,297 qualifying responses.

The annual survey asked travelers to rate their airport experiences based on factors such as services and facilities, terminal cleanliness, customer service and comfort.

According to the website, Tan Son Nhat’s status has deteriorated further due to allegations of corruption. Numerous survey respondents reported that customs officers ask for bribes in order to move through the process faster, and those that declined paying quickly faced problems with their paperwork.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/vietnam-scrambles-for-quick-action-after-tan-son-nhat-named-among-worst-airports

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-21

Aah, Vietnam. Good to see that the old school corruption is still alive and well there. You guys think this place is bad. Vietnam could teach Thailand a thing or two back before the Commies took over. Under the Commies it subsided but it was inevitable that it would regrow.

I didn't think this airport was too bad but their visa on arrival process is awful and I would never use again. Still waiting for them to exempt the USA from need to apply for visa.

"Still waiting for them to exempt the USA from need to apply for visa."

Because of all the USA has done for them, I presume...

I didn't think this airport was too bad but their visa on arrival process is awful and I would never use again. Still waiting for them to exempt the USA from need to apply for visa.

"Still waiting for them to exempt the USA from need to apply for visa."

Because of all the USA has done for them, I presume...

All that Cox orange should count for something I guess...

Worse in Asia according to whom??? I have passed thru Ton Son Nhut dozens of times since 2000, and can name twenty other airports that are worse than TSN.........as another poster reports, Manila for one, I try to fly into Clark whenever I get to PI just to avoid Manila. wai2.gif

Hello,

I've flown via Tan Son Nhat several times before but

never ever found it an inconvenient airport, even when

I got a VOA that I had applied for on-line. The only thing

that made me nervous was, however, I was requested

to show the IO an onward ticket for a visa-exempt entry

when I arrived in Sai Gon. To tell the truth I didn't have

one with me then because I was going to exit VN by land.

The IO let me in in the end. That was really nerve-whacking,

though.