First chapter of 'Cyber War' to begin Thursday

webfact

First Chapter of ‘Cyber War’ to Begin Thursday
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14454067351445407030l.jpg
Speaking at Government House yesterday, junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha said taking control of the internet by implementing a single gateway system was necessary to end defamation of his government online.

BANGKOK — Online activists have announced they will launch attacks against the government beginning Thursday after the prime minister said the project to route all internet traffic through a single point of control is still alive.

The coalition of anonymous internet users known as Citizens Against Single Gateway last night warned private sector operations with IT systems linked to government servers to transfer them to safe places before the assault on government systems begins at 10am on Thursday.

Those behind a crippling attack earlier this month, the Thailand F5 Cyber Army, issued the announcement yesterday after Prime Minister and junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha said agencies are still studying the project, and a widely circulated army intelligence report detailed efforts to monitor news sites, social media and “influential thinkers” threatening the nation.

“What important is your moral trait. ...You always need freedom but ask for security and respect of human rights, but how can that be possible?” Gen. Prayuth said. “No, it isn’t. Because everyone is self-centered and always blames the law but never blame themselves.”

Although the government had earlier responded to the public uproar by playing down its goal of building a single gateway for all internet traffic – instead of the current 10 – Prayuth said there’s no other way to stop people from attacking his government.

“If you say we should not have the single gateway, can you prevent your group from writing things that defame the nation and government? If you can’t, then don’t tell me what method should be used.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1445406735

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-10-21

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are in public office, be a man and take critisism on the chin like everyone else, if your moral standing is good then nobody will have much to say about you, I used to think you were on track to make changes for the good in Thailand now I have serious doubts, might be time totake a break and let someone else take the lead.

You are in public office, be a man and take critisism on the chin like everyone else, if your moral standing is good then nobody will have much to say about you, I used to think you were on track to make changes for the good in Thailand now I have serious doubts, might be time totake a break and let someone else take the lead.

What makes you think there would be much difference if someone else was the head of Thailand's ruling military junta? It isn't the man, it is what he represents - can you still not see that even now?

Edited by baboon

Can't wait for the usual suspects to put a positive spin on this!

+ 1 Where are the people that would defend this, I would like to hear their take on this.

I think in this case, it would be defending the indefensible.

Meanwhile the credibility gap changes from a chasm to the equivalent of the Grand Canyon.

What makes you think there would be much difference if someone else was the head of Thailand's ruling military junta? It isn't the man, it is what he represents - can you still not see that even now?

For once I agree with you. It's not who is in charge of a regime it's what the regime stands for that counts.

Which is why I will still "dislike" the PTP and the reds no matter who is the head rat of those nests. thumbsup.gif

Why not just ban the internet and have done with it. Dressing like a James Bond villain will not make people take you more seriously either, quite the opposite.

James Bond Villain.....LOVE IT!!!

blofeld5.jpg

I said it from the beginning, that the more vociferously they deny it, the more certain it was to be enacted.

Why not just ban the internet and have done with it. Dressing like a James Bond villain will not make people take you more seriously either, quite the opposite.

blofeld5.jpg

I said it from the beginning, that the more vociferously they deny it, the more certain it was to be enacted.

Dr Know (it all).

post-139352-0-57499200-1445411839_thumb.

Edited by JeremyBowskill

blofeld5.jpg

Dr Know (it all).

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif More like Dr. No (internet).

Edited by jaywalker

"....to end defamation of his government.......".

I'd suggest something or someone needs to achieve a measure of "fame" before they can be "defamed" - I think the good general is confusing "fame" with "infamy".............

Thailand plans new unit to curb online dissent after 150k sign petition opposing single gateway
By Coconuts Bangkok

singlegateway.jpg

BANGKOK: -- efence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said the military is planning to form a new unit to counter online dissent.

Thailand's government yesterday said it planned to create a new military unit to fight online dissent, as Internet freedom campaigners said they were training hundreds of volunteers for a "cyber war" against censorship.

The proposed unit follows controversial plans for a single access point to the Internet, dubbed by online protesters as the "Great Firewall of Thailand" -- in reference to China's web surveillance -- because it would make it easier to monitor the web.

While Thai premier Prayuth Chan-ocha has insisted no conclusions have been reached on the single gateway, the issue has mobilized campaigners.

Yesterday Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan told reporters the military is planning to form a new unit to counter online dissent.

"It's to prevent new types of threats, it's a pre-emptive measure," he said, without elaborating on the nature of the threats or the remit of the new body.

Earlier yesterday the "Citizens Against Single Gateway: Thailand Internet Firewall" vowed to launch unspecified attacks against the government if the gateway plans were not cancelled.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/10/21/thailand-plans-new-unit-curb-online-dissent-after-150k-sign-petition-opposing-single

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-10-21

He lied then. Who'd've thunk.

Well, I'm shocked to the core at this revelation - what on earth happened to all the government claims of "economic benefits", "reduced costs" and "increased efficiency" arguments all of a sudden?

The scales have fallen from my eyes............................

The usual suspects have disappeared without trace. It would seem that they have given up the ghost...at long last

With "ghost" being the pertinent word in your comment. You and your fellow PTP fanboys have for too long been imagining these ghosts that you insist are TVF members who defend everything and anything the current regime comes up with, like this ridiculous single gateway internet.

Got bad news for you, tb, baboon and friends - these ghosts are all in your mind, which is why they don't take your silly baits. They don't allow ghosts to have TVF accounts ! ph34r.png

The usual suspects have disappeared without trace. It would seem that they have given up the ghost...at long last

With "ghost" being the pertinent word in your comment. You and your fellow PTP fanboys have for too long been imagining these ghosts that you insist are TVF members who defend everything and anything the current regime comes up with, like this ridiculous single gateway internet.

Got bad news for you, tb, baboon and friends - these ghosts are all in your mind, which is why they don't take your silly baits. They don't allow ghosts to have TVF accounts ! ph34r.png

So I made a post on this thread you said you agreed with, now it is a silly bait? That makes the world of sense... Are you perhaps enjoying an early afternoon aperitif or two?

So I made a post on this thread you said you agreed with, now it is a silly bait? That makes the world of sense... Are you perhaps enjoying an early afternoon aperitif or two?

I had my tongue in cheek when I said I agreed with you babs, I thought you would have picked up on that.

And I was actually referring to comments like Prbkk's when I was talking about silly baits. thumbsup.gif