Anybody going to Khon Kaen bike week Oct. 31?

NCC1701A

yes of course, its been the talk of the month with the group from sisaket and are now making plans on getting hotel rooms for us, last week's party in burriram, other groups confirmed they were going also.last year we rode to 2 parties in the KK area

Edited by Royrex

Can you give me more info?Maybe i will join))

Me to. I just took a couple of days in Siem Reap on my Honda CTX and want to go some where again soon before it starts to snow - or wait I forgot for a moment that I'm not in Cleveland anymore!

So, yes, more information on participating please.

The KK bike week is on at the same time as Commander City bike week in Pitchit. I know a lot of groups are going there because with the entrance fee you get a free T shirt, mixers, food. Plus Carabao is playing there. Also this weekend there is a bike show just outside BKK in Nong Khae. I will put the posters on if anyone is interested.

post-154309-0-54389800-1445586371_thumb.

post-154309-0-93969200-1445586377_thumb.

Saw Jo Modify yesterday getting my choke cable modified to actually close and he said it is on. I went last year and a lot of HD's, guys dressed up in black leather looking menacing (not)....so yes I will be going.

Starts 16.00 finishes 24.00.

Seriously, there isn't a lot going in KK, I wouldn't travel inter-province to see it, but here and once a year it is okay. Also it might be better than last year and may meet a few folks.

Lots of exciting times up here in "Thai Jordi-land", there is a barn dance on next week....shove halfpenny the week after.

Wy-eye bonny lad.... crab!

Edited by AllanB

You had to bring it up didn't you

You had to rub it in

YOU HAD TO RUIN MY DAY

post-141778-0-40934000-1445620964_thumb.

I've had this day circled on my calendar since last year yet i'm Europe

until further notice, the other highlight is Phuket bike week, the best i can

do is watch YouTube highlights wearing my bike helmet.

Barn dance sounds fun.

After that I have no idea what you are trying to convey.

Witty Brit stuff I guess.

Jordi-land is the North East of England, KK is the northeast of Thailand....actually there is where the similarity ends. The Jordies love a good party and I don't think there has ever been a party up here, not like down your way in groovy Patts.

Shove halfpenny is like Curling only without the ice...and played indoors on a small table...and instead of big heavy stones they use small (now obsolete) low value coins. It really should be in the Olympics.

I am sure you must have a version in the States, with dancing girls, perhaps with your long-johns worn outside your trousers and your cap on back-to-front? thumbsup.gif

...You can see why they sent me to KK.... crazy.gif

the Hua Hin bike week last year has people riding very type of bike under the sun. I was thinking KK would be sort of like that.

a friend of mind who rides a Honda Steed told me about the KK thing. And if the HD guys let a Honda Steed in, there is room for my Kawasaki. smile.png

KK bike week is for all types of bikes. you don't even need a bike. smile.png

post-156481-0-94310900-1445751131_thumb.

Edited by NCC1701A

This is not an event just for the HD guys, though out of the Thais they are certainly the most gregarious there. In the car park there are lots of customised bikes of all makes, mostly well presented and the show itself has the usual stands.

I haven't been to any other bike shows so don't know what the standard is in LOS, but they sell beer and the usual grub....and a few good looking womenfolk to ogle. So why not.......Sturgis started small.

Barn dance sounds fun.

Jordi-land is the North East of England, KK is the northeast of Thailand....actually there is where the similarity ends. The Jordies love a good party and I don't think there has ever been a party up here, not like down your way in groovy Patts.

Shove halfpenny is like Curling only without the ice...and played indoors on a small table...and instead of big heavy stones they use small (now obsolete) low value coins. It really should be in the Olympics.

I am sure you must have a version in the States, with dancing girls, perhaps with your long-johns worn outside your trousers and your cap on back-to-front? thumbsup.gif

Your avatar is an actual photo of yourself, correct?

anybody have GPS location of the actual event? I like to study the route in advance. I hate not knowing which way to go while on the big bike. enough to worry about with traffic and a new city for me.

I guess I could just follow the first group of HDs I see.

Can you give me more info?Maybe i will join))

Me to. I just took a couple of days in Siem Reap on my Honda CTX and want to go some where again soon before it starts to snow - or wait I forgot for a moment that I'm not in Cleveland anymore!

So, yes, more information on participating please.

http://bigbike.boxzaracing.com/event/6102

the Hua Hin bike week last year has people riding very type of bike under the sun. I was thinking KK would be sort of like that.

a friend of mind who rides a Honda Steed told me about the KK thing. And if the HD guys let a Honda Steed in, there is room for my Kawasaki. smile.png

attachicon.gif1436164250.jpg

I have never experienced any form of 'them and us' crap at Thai bike shows. Every one that I have attended has been a very friendly meeting. A great opportunity to mix with every and all types of bikers.

Sadly I will be away for the KK show.

attachicon.gif1436164250.jpg

I have never experienced any form of 'them and us' crap at Thai bike shows. Every one that I have attended has been a very friendly meeting. A great opportunity to mix with every and all types of bikers.

Sadly I will be away for the KK show.

100% correct, a good natured friendly bunch and as I said all sorts of bikes, including many tidy custom builds. I will park mine out of the way...fixed the bike...finish though is work in progress.

Barn dance sounds fun.

Your avatar is an actual photo of yourself, correct?

Damn right, but I now wear contact lenses, otherwise people mock.

How about yours, is that an old photo and there is something about the eyes, can't quite work out what it is?

I know there was another American who had 3 ears..........