9 Karat Condo again!

lassebasse

Are there any updates on this Condo, or the Nirun Condo also. I have been reading old threads with a lot of negatve reviews. My idea is that since I live in Issan it would be nice to have a little place of your own in Pattaya, especially now when we soon will have direct flights from Udon to U-tapio. I have seen ads for studios in these Condos for 500.000 THB plus but I have no idea of how these places are. I do not really know Pattaya at all but I can see that the location seems good and the 9 Karat Condo pool looks great.

Nirun is cleaner and has a lot more facilities at hand than 9 Karat.

Nirun is generally more expensive to rent.

The cheap rooms in Nirun tend to be about 25 sq mtrs.

more food choice + a gym at Nirun.

Keycard security - but people let people in with no cards.

Security has been stepped up at Nirun.

9 Karat never seems to be clean - though the cleaning ladies do mop the floors every day in the corridors. Yet, the walls are grubby.

some external buttons missing on the single lift, but the other 2 lifts seem okay.

The pool is better at 9 Karat.

9 Karat have been making some basic improvements but they only seem to be scratching the surface.

The poolside bar is pleasant and quite cheap.

IMHO neither will be anywherte near 'upmarket' because they are relatively cheap condo units.

There are plenty of facilities nearby. BigC a few hundred mtrs. Beach road 50 Baht on a m/c. Enough 7/11's + small Tescos.

That 500K in 9 Karat will be for a a studio in rough condition and most probably with no furnishings, in other words a full refit is needed. So buying that + refit +plus ongoing Monthly fees for water, maintenance and electric will add up. You would most likely be better off keeping your 500K in the bank and getting interest and then renting something better and nearer to the action for around 600 baht a night. But as they say, up to you.

Archived