Govt cautions against 'red' campaign in support of Yingluck

webfact

The rice scheme went out of control, sure Yinluck is responsible but going after her fortune is not really a sign of reconciliation. Apparantly some people don't know the rubber subsidies are implemented by Prayut. Now he suggests to us the rubber for futsal floors and asphalt replacement... He really wants to use rubber for road surfaces?? With the low oil prices, I would like to see how this calculation works...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yingluck, with grace and dignity, asks her millions of supporters NOT to wear red as it may incite the Junta and their right wing supporters to yet more repression

She's fast becoming a Aung San Suu Kyi I'd say with all this harassment, bullying and taking of photos going to the toilet etc.

Edited by LannaGuy

Why such hate? Its clear the prosecution of Yingluck is more persecution than justice. Everyone in the entire world knows that, including everyone in Thailand. It is aimed at her brother.

"Why such hate?"

Because their beloved general is slowly but surely turning into a nightmare - even for the cheerleaders - so all they have left is the hate for Thaksin.

Pathetic, really.

But, but, but Suthep, Abhisit, the Dems, the Amart.............................................

Oh the irony.

irony
noun iro·ny \ˈī-rə-nē also ˈī(-ə)r-nē\

: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really think especially in order to be funny

: a situation that is strange or funny because things happen in a way that seems to be the opposite of what you expected

I don't see it.

Well as Pheu Thai just said 800 billion Baht was spent on the segment of the population which voted for them.

Huh?

"The party claimed in the statement that 870,018 million baht have been paid directly into the pockets of rice farmers “without any leaks or without any other people benefiting from the scheme.”"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/864866-pheu-thai-issues-statement-in-defence-of-ms-yingluck-over-rice-pledging-scheme/

Are you claiming that farming subsidies are a form of vote buying? If that is so, there is an awful lot of vote buying going on in Europe.

Aren't you going off-topic? On another thread you maintained that only comments pertaining to every key word in the topic title (no amnesty for on the run lawbreakers) should be allowed.

The RPPS is not a subsidy, it is a 'self-financing' scheme which would initially only require a 430 billion Baht 'revolving' funds from which to pay for paddy and to put back in sales revenue.

A subsidy would call for a reservation in the Nation Budget as realising the 'debit' aspect of the policy.

BTW the E.C. has a total budget of 1.5% of GNI of ALL E.C. countries. About half may go to agriculture in various forms including stimulation of quality rather than quantity. Also not only potatoe farmers are targeted (like in thailand the rice farmers). Details are freely available ( http://ec.europa.eu/budget/index_en.cfm ).

As for off-topic, well, only if you say so.

On NewMandala I found something more for the topic with 'red shirts' and 'Shinawatra'

2013-11-20

" the Red Shirts will need to seriously distance themselves from Pheu Thai and begin to cultivate a new, truly proletarian political force, independent of the elite hierarchy that has long monopolised the Pheua Thai agenda, particularly Thaksin."

By PATRICK TIBKE, GUEST CONTRIBUTOR

The rice scheme went out of control, sure Yinluck is responsible but going after her fortune is not really a sign of reconciliation. Apparantly some people don't know the rubber subsidies are implemented by Prayut. Now he suggests to us the rubber for futsal floors and asphalt replacement... He really wants to use rubber for road surfaces?? With the low oil prices, I would like to see how this calculation works...

This is distracting a bit from the topic of a 'red' campaign in support of an Amply Rich girl.

BTW 'rubberised sports flooring' is nothing new, neither using shredded rubber mixed with asphalt.

And in the meantime the Junta plans to copy her rice price scheme.One couldn't make this stuff up.

http://thediplomat.com/2015/10/new-rice-scheme-reveals-thailand-juntas-dearth-of-ideas/

Some seem to get desperate to denigrate the current government or maybe desperate to justify the 'self-financing' RPPs which saw 800 billion Baht go directly to farmers who are still poor.

TheDiplomat seems a tad prejudiced to say the least.

Anyway, everything allowed when a poor Amply Rich elite girl like Yingluck is asked to be responsible and accountable. Democracy truly died when someone had the sheer nerve to ask her that.

Huh?

"The party claimed in the statement that 870,018 million baht have been paid directly into the pockets of rice farmers “without any leaks or without any other people benefiting from the scheme.”"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/864866-pheu-thai-issues-statement-in-defence-of-ms-yingluck-over-rice-pledging-scheme/

Are you claiming that farming subsidies are a form of vote buying? If that is so, there is an awful lot of vote buying going on in Europe.

Aren't you going off-topic? On another thread you maintained that only comments pertaining to every key word in the topic title (no amnesty for on the run lawbreakers) should be allowed.

The RPPS is not a subsidy, it is a 'self-financing' scheme which would initially only require a 430 billion Baht 'revolving' funds from which to pay for paddy and to put back in sales revenue.

A subsidy would call for a reservation in the Nation Budget as realising the 'debit' aspect of the policy.

BTW the E.C. has a total budget of 1.5% of GNI of ALL E.C. countries. About half may go to agriculture in various forms including stimulation of quality rather than quantity. Also not only potatoe farmers are targeted (like in thailand the rice farmers). Details are freely available ( http://ec.europa.eu/budget/index_en.cfm ).

On NewMandala I found something more for the topic with 'red shirts' and 'Shinawatra'

2013-11-20

" the Red Shirts will need to seriously distance themselves from Pheu Thai and begin to cultivate a new, truly proletarian political force, independent of the elite hierarchy that has long monopolised the Pheua Thai agenda, particularly Thaksin."

Is there a point to the above? Does it have anything to do with the topic?

Yingluck, with grace and dignity, asks her millions of supporters NOT to wear red as it may incite the Junta and their right wing supporters to yet more repression

She's fast becoming a Aung San Suu Kyi I'd say with all this harassment, bullying and taking of photos going to the toilet etc.

I think the comparison with Imelda Marcos would be more appropriate.

let's see but a magnanimous and conciliatory approach would have been far, far wiser for Thailand's first female PM not this constant hounding by the victorious wolves baying for blood

2013-11-20

The truth hurts and some like to close their eyes, ears and mind for such.

Repeatedly I've been told this is not about Thaksin, but the topic is about the Thaksin clone, Yingluck. Some have tried to convince me for years that the UDD and red-shirts had 'evolved' beyond Thaksin. Well, the Yingluck original is still the owner of Pheu Thai, still the de facto leader of the UDD, the UDD still stating to represent red-shirts. Well, why do red-shirts fight for Amply Rich Elite people like the Thaksin clone Yingluck?

A campaign started in 'social media'? Wear a red-shirt for poor, little pretty Ms. Yingluck? Surely democracy died someone had the nerve to ask her to show the responsibility she talked so much about and accept her accountability which goes with it. Of course if you think under current undemocratic circumstances no one needs to care about democracy and what it stands for ...

As far as I'm concerned the concerted fight against having Ms. Yingluck responsible and accountable is as much a sign of "guilty as hell but try to beat it" as the blanket amnesty bill which included Ms. Yingluck and her cabinet's first two years in office (till 2013-08-09). All aimed at having no one responsible or accountable and all aimed at saddling the taxpayer with those '800 billion Baht paid directly to the 24% of the Thai population farming rice with all voters amongst them voting Pheu Thai).

let's see but a magnanimous and conciliatory approach would have been far, far wiser for Thailand's first female PM not this constant hounding by the victorious wolves baying for blood

Never a truer word was spoken!

A magnanimous and conciliatory approach would have been far, far better for Ms. Yingluck. Surely democracy died when this poor little Thaksin clone was reminded of talking so much about responsibility and asked to show that accountability which she had said goes with it. Don't people understand that such rules shouldn't be applied to Amply Rich Elite people like Shinawatras ?

This is distracting a bit from the topic of a 'red' campaign in support of an Amply Rich girl.

BTW 'rubberised sports flooring' is nothing new, neither using shredded rubber mixed with asphalt.

I agree that technically latex can be used in asphalt but is it cost effective? If this would be the case there would be a huge demand since the optimal inclusion in asphalt is around 9%. Obviously there are other modifiers and binders which are more cost effective. Replacing cheaper ingredients by latex can also be considered as a subsidy.

I agree that technically latex can be used in asphalt but is it cost effective? If this would be the case there would be a huge demand since the optimal inclusion in asphalt is around 9%. Obviously there are other modifiers and binders which are more cost effective. Replacing cheaper ingredients by latex can also be considered as a subsidy.

I think this is an interesting subject and discussion, but fear the moderators will not be impressed.

I will PM you.

2013-11-20

Repeatedly I've been told this is not about Thaksin, but the topic is about the Thaksin clone, Yingluck. Some have tried to convince me for years that the UDD and red-shirts had 'evolved' beyond Thaksin. Well, the Yingluck original is still the owner of Pheu Thai, still the de facto leader of the UDD, the UDD still stating to represent red-shirts. Well, why do red-shirts fight for Amply Rich Elite people like the Thaksin clone Yingluck?

A campaign started in 'social media'? Wear a red-shirt for poor, little pretty Ms. Yingluck? Surely democracy died someone had the nerve to ask her to show the responsibility she talked so much about and accept her accountability which goes with it. Of course if you think under current undemocratic circumstances no one needs to care about democracy and what it stands for ...

As far as I'm concerned the concerted fight against having Ms. Yingluck responsible and accountable is as much a sign of "guilty as hell but try to beat it" as the blanket amnesty bill which included Ms. Yingluck and her cabinet's first two years in office (till 2013-08-09). All aimed at having no one responsible or accountable and all aimed at saddling the taxpayer with those '800 billion Baht paid directly to the 24% of the Thai population farming rice with all voters amongst them voting Pheu Thai).

If the truth hurts you must be in great pain.

The topic is about a campaign that few had heard of until the junta gave it so much free publicity. It is about a junta so paranoid and intolerant of dissent that it has banned hunger games salutes, gatherings of five or more to eat sandwiches or read "1984", restricted free speech, censored the press, and other suppressions of basic rights. Now this junta is trying to figure out how to ban a color.

The ultimate accountability in a democracy is the vote. The PTP government attempted to allow the people a vote, the junta denied them this chance. It also has banned calls for an election and keeps pushing promised elections further into the future. Of course no one is allowed to hold the junta accountable for this or anything else.

As one of the Bangkok Bubble people you are obssessed with "'800 billion Baht paid directly to the 24% of the Thai population". Of course you don't object to 72% of government spending benefiting the 17% of the Thai people that live in Bangkok. http://www-wds.worldbank.org/external/default/WDSContentServer/WDSP/IB/2012/05/09/000333037_20120509003158/Rendered/PDF/685510ESW00PUB0y0Note0master0120501.pdf

Thailand needs a government that serves all of Thailand, which means more equitable government spending. Democracy has the potential to deliver this kind of government, military rule doesn't. However bubble people don't want a Thai government that serves all of Thailand, that means less for Bangkok. That's why Bangkok Bubble people oppose democracy. Expats included, obviously.

2013-11-20

The topic is about a campaign that few had heard of until the junta gave it so much free publicity. It is about a junta so paranoid and intolerant of dissent that it has banned hunger games salutes, gatherings of five or more to eat sandwiches or read "1984", restricted free speech, censored the press, and other suppressions of basic rights. Now this junta is trying to figure out how to ban a color.

The ultimate accountability in a democracy is the vote. The PTP government attempted to allow the people a vote, the junta denied them this chance. It also has banned calls for an election and keeps pushing promised elections further into the future. Of course no one is allowed to hold the junta accountable for this or anything else.

As one of the Bangkok Bubble people you are obssessed with "'800 billion Baht paid directly to the 24% of the Thai population". Of course you don't object to 72% of government spending benefiting the 17% of the Thai people that live in Bangkok. http://www-wds.worldbank.org/external/default/WDSContentServer/WDSP/IB/2012/05/09/000333037_20120509003158/Rendered/PDF/685510ESW00PUB0y0Note0master0120501.pdf

Thailand needs a government that serves all of Thailand, which means more equitable government spending. Democracy has the potential to deliver this kind of government, military rule doesn't. However bubble people don't want a Thai government that serves all of Thailand, that means less for Bangkok. That's why Bangkok Bubble people oppose democracy. Expats included, obviously.

Nice, all this for an ignorant Amply Rich Elite girl. Obviously democracy died when she was impeached, charged with negligence. Now obvious that the 'red shirts for Yingluck' day started in social media with Pheu Thai and Ms. Yinglucks personal advisors knowing nothing. Surely wikileaks will emerge on that truth.

So, like your defense of a 'good' coup here we have a defense of ignorant elite. The type which had her (brothers) Pheu Thai party state that 800 billion Baht was paid directly to their voters base, the poor Thai rice farmers who are now of course part of the 'Amply Rich' family. Now that's democracy.

Nice, all this for an ignorant Amply Rich Elite girl. Obviously democracy died when she was impeached, charged with negligence. Now obvious that the 'red shirts for Yingluck' day started in social media with Pheu Thai and Ms. Yinglucks personal advisors knowing nothing. Surely wikileaks will emerge on that truth.

So, like your defense of a 'good' coup here we have a defense of ignorant elite. The type which had her (brothers) Pheu Thai party state that 800 billion Baht was paid directly to their voters base, the poor Thai rice farmers who are now of course part of the 'Amply Rich' family. Now that's democracy.

"Obviously democracy died when she was impeached, charged with negligence."

No, democracy died when there was a military coup, the constitution was suspended, all democratic institutions dissolved, freedom of speech, press, and assembly restricted, detention without charge became routine, etc. And, using one of your favorite terms, accountability in the form of elections and independent courts became nonexistent. Your posts consist of flinging mud in the direction of anything related to the Shinawatras while avoiding any mention of the junta.

Your second paragraph makes no sense at all. Where have I defended an "ignorant elite"? Where did "the poor Thai rice farmers who are now of course part of the 'Amply Rich' family." come from? Perhaps a PTP spokesman did state that money was paid directly to poor farmers, does you country not pay money to its poor?

Aside from being nonsense, your reply above has nothing to do with the topic.

No, democracy died when there was a military coup, the constitution was suspended, all democratic institutions dissolved, freedom of speech, press, and assembly restricted, detention without charge became routine, etc. And, using one of your favorite terms, accountability in the form of elections and independent courts became nonexistent. Your posts consist of flinging mud in the direction of anything related to the Shinawatras while avoiding any mention of the junta.

Your second paragraph makes no sense at all. Where have I defended an "ignorant elite"? Where did "the poor Thai rice farmers who are now of course part of the 'Amply Rich' family." come from? Perhaps a PTP spokesman did state that money was paid directly to poor farmers, does you country not pay money to its poor?

So, 'red shirts for an Amply Rich Elite female' is off topic? You agree with the government in this ?

Anyway, better check again. Ms. Yingluck stated herself in her own words on her own facebook timeline that democracy died and she wrote that on the day she was impeached, the 23rd of January 2015.

"“Democracy has died in Thailand today, along with the rule of law. That move to destroy me is still ongoing and I face it now,” she said in a statement published on Facebook after plans to hold a press conference were called off on the advice of junta officials."

http://www.thenational.ae/world/southeast-asia/democracy-died-in-thailand-today-impeached-pm

Of course, Ms. Yingluck was hardly original, a year before someone already wrote that

"January 26, 2014 is a day that will go down in history as the day Thailand democracy died. Killed by a fascist-like mob comprising a tiny minority of the country’s population led by former politicians and a supporter base frustrated with their inability to win an election by popular vote.

http://www.establishmentpost.com/january-26-2014-day-thailand-democracy-died/

So, 'red shirts for an Amply Rich Elite female' is off topic? You agree with the government in this ?

Anyway, better check again. Ms. Yingluck stated herself in her own words on her own facebook timeline that democracy died and she wrote that on the day she was impeached, the 23rd of January 2015.

"“Democracy has died in Thailand today, along with the rule of law. That move to destroy me is still ongoing and I face it now,” she said in a statement published on Facebook after plans to hold a press conference were called off on the advice of junta officials."

http://www.thenational.ae/world/southeast-asia/democracy-died-in-thailand-today-impeached-pm

Of course, Ms. Yingluck was hardly original, a year before someone already wrote that

"January 26, 2014 is a day that will go down in history as the day Thailand democracy died. Killed by a fascist-like mob comprising a tiny minority of the country’s population led by former politicians and a supporter base frustrated with their inability to win an election by popular vote.

If you are reading and referencing Yingluck's Facebook posts you have definitely lost it. Democracy was under determined attack before the coup, but it was the coup that killed it, and people like you that cheered its demise.

As far as "red shirts for an Amply Rich Elite female"; the topic is about a campaign few had heard of until the junta with its amply rich leader (the one who doesn't like questions about the source of his wealth) gave the campaign lots of free publicity. As I asked in my first post on this topic, are they really that stupid, or are they desperately trying to create an enemy/scapegoat to distract attention from their (lack of) performance?

Of course it is very clear that you are desperately trying to distract attention from a topic about another dumb thing the junta has done. That's why you keep trying to drag the discussion off-topic.

If you are reading and referencing Yingluck's Facebook posts you have definitely lost it. Democracy was under determined attack before the coup, but it was the coup that killed it, and people like you that cheered its demise.

As far as "red shirts for an Amply Rich Elite female"; the topic is about a campaign few had heard of until the junta with its amply rich leader (the one who doesn't like questions about the source of his wealth) gave the campaign lots of free publicity. As I asked in my first post on this topic, are they really that stupid, or are they desperately trying to create an enemy/scapegoat to distract attention from their (lack of) performance?

Of course it is very clear that you are desperately trying to distract attention from a topic about another dumb thing the junta has done. That's why you keep trying to drag the discussion off-topic.

Oh come on Brucy. Ms. Yingluck herself posted that democracy died when she came back from her 'impeachment day' in parliament.

As for 'few had heard about', tjeez, don't you check social media, don't you get notified ?

Like with student groups indicating to go protest, the government issued a warning about this 'democracy for Amply Rich people' day. Now if you think that just mentioning that is off topic, fine. No problem. Even you are entitled to an opinion.

2013-11-20

Democracy died before Yingluck got impeached....

Oh come on Brucy. Ms. Yingluck herself posted that democracy died when she came back from her 'impeachment day' in parliament.

As for 'few had heard about', tjeez, don't you check social media, don't you get notified ?

Like with student groups indicating to go protest, the government issued a warning about this 'democracy for Amply Rich people' day. Now if you think that just mentioning that is off topic, fine. No problem. Even you are entitled to an opinion.

You really seem obsessed with the opinions Yingluck posts on Facebook. I find that strange.

I don't think anyone reading this would have heard about this campaign if the junta hadn't given it this free publicity by way of an article in the Nation. No Thai friend I know has mentioned it. And no, I rarely check social media. I have a life in the real world.

You see "democracy for Amply Rich people". I see paranoia in amply, inexplicably rich junta leaders.

This really sweet in many ways. It seems you really believe this tripe. 'Good coup' - good grief.

You really seem obsessed with the opinions Yingluck posts on Facebook. I find that strange.

I don't think anyone reading this would have heard about this campaign if the junta hadn't given it this free publicity by way of an article in the Nation. No Thai friend I know has mentioned it. And no, I rarely check social media. I have a life in the real world.

You see "democracy for Amply Rich people". I see paranoia in amply, inexplicably rich junta leaders.

Well, it would seem that red-shirts are a wee bit obsessed with Yingluck and what she stands for. The 'what she stands for' is probably her brother the red-shirt 'de facto' leader. Frequently described as such and never denied by the UDD, the organisation 'binding' and 'representing' the red-shirts.

Actually I don't see 'democracy for Amply Rich people', not even when they're Shinawatras and certainly not when they misuse what was described as a democratic system here in Thailand.

Anyway, like many topic and 'discussions' we had, you manage to feel good with your junta bashing. No doubt in a topic on a sunny holiday you'll manage to sneak in a 'bad, bad junta'.

As for 'life in a real world', no comment although I'm still smiling at such remarks, but don't worry you still got your 'likes'.

Democracy died before Yingluck got impeached....

Will you tell Ms. Yingluck she was wrong to post that on her facebook timeline after returning from her impeachment session in parliament, or shall we ask the Lanna Guy to break the news to her gently?

This really sweet in many ways. It seems you really believe this tripe. 'Good coup' - good grief.

Just having joined us, you may have missed some of the discussion in another topic. I asked some nice posters who condemn the 'illegal' coup, if that meant a counter coup which was speculated upon would also be condemned. The answer was that if the counter coup resulted in a return to democracy it would be a good coup. That led me to wonder a wee bit more. A coup only a 'legal', 'good' coup when some of our esteemed posters like it, and when they don't like it it's 'obviously' a bad, illegal coup.

Well, it would seem that red-shirts are a wee bit obsessed with Yingluck and what she stands for. The 'what she stands for' is probably her brother the red-shirt 'de facto' leader. Frequently described as such and never denied by the UDD, the organisation 'binding' and 'representing' the red-shirts.

Actually I don't see 'democracy for Amply Rich people', not even when they're Shinawatras and certainly not when they misuse what was described as a democratic system here in Thailand.

Anyway, like many topic and 'discussions' we had, you manage to feel good with your junta bashing. No doubt in a topic on a sunny holiday you'll manage to sneak in a 'bad, bad junta'.

As for 'life in a real world', no comment although I'm still smiling at such remarks, but don't worry you still got your 'likes'.

No, it seems the junta is obsessed with preventing any freedom of expression that can be interpreted as dissent.

Regarding the rest, I won't be bothered with off-topic nonsense.

Edited by heybruce

No, it seems the junta is obsessed with preventing any freedom of expression that can be interpreted as dissent.

Well, actually the government might have said "even two years ago on NewMandala it was discussed that the UDD and red-shirts should move away, distance themselves from the Pheu Thai elite like the Shinawatras'.

Maybe red-shirts don't read NewMandala.

Well, actually the government might have said "even two years ago on NewMandala it was discussed that the UDD and red-shirts should move away, distance themselves from the Pheu Thai elite like the Shinawatras'.

Maybe red-shirts don't read NewMandala.

Pretty sure they don't. They will bide their time until the Shinawatra call them up or not. It's pretty simple.

Exactly the same as the yellows. They get put in their box until they get called up.

Edited by Thai at Heart