Russia's Putin defends air campaign in Syria

webfact

Russia's Putin defends air campaign in Syria

606x341_315696.jpg

SOCHI: -- President Vladimir Putin has defended Russia’s air campaign in Syria, stressing the aim is to restore peace.

He has also called for joined up efforts, saying there is an opportunity for Moscow to work with the West, and for Kurdish forces to form a coalition with the Syrian government.

Putin lashed out at the West’s approach to date.

“Why haven’t the efforts of our American partners and their allies against ISIL produced any tangible results?” asked Putin, as he addressed a meeting of foreign and domestic political scientists in Sochi, southern Russia.

“Because it’s always difficult to lead a double game: claim that you fight terrorists and, at the same time, try to use some part of these terrorists to advance pieces on the Middle-Eastern chessboard, in your own interests.”

Putin also said that Moscow is close to exchanging data about positions of Islamist militants in Syria with Western countries.

Meanwhile, a Russian Defence Ministry official has reportedly denied US allegations that the Russian military had used cluster bombs in populated areas in Syria.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-23

Because its always difficult to lead a double game: claim that you fight terrorists and, at the same time, try to use some part of these terrorists to advance pieces on the Middle-Eastern chessboard, in your own interests.... Could not have voiced the situation better myself. Vlad, do the deed.

I have to agree with the Russians, if it looks like a terrorist, talks like a terrorist and acts like a terrorist .... kill it. The US attempt to find a difference between moderate terrorists and radical terrorists is pointless. As bad as Assad is he is not a terrorist and neither are the Kurds. That's it.

If your not with us, your with the terrorists.

Ahem...no, if your with us, your with the terrorists. Not quite...

If you with the terrorists, you can't fool me twice....that's better.

If you like your doctor, you can keep your Putin.

I think it's time for some golf.

Edited by Christie Paul

I have to agree with the Russians, if it looks like a terrorist, talks like a terrorist and acts like a terrorist .... kill it. The US attempt to find a difference between moderate terrorists and radical terrorists is pointless. As bad as Assad is he is not a terrorist and neither are the Kurds. That's it.

Time for you to check out Assad's role in collaborating with Islamist groups, thereby encouraging terrorism for his own power play agenda. Assad is a State supporter of terrorism with his militias and Hezbollah & previously supported Hamas.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-syrias-assad-helped-forge-isis-255631

http://www.understandingwar.org/report/hezbollah-syria

Edited by simple1

Time for you to check out Assad's role in collaborating with Islamist groups, thereby encouraging terrorism for his own power play agenda. Assad is a State supporter of terrorism with his militias and Hezbollah & previously supported Hamas.

and what about any INDEPENDENT source of information?

provide a link to what you define as creditable independent source refuting the above

Edited by simple1

provide a link to what you define as creditable independent source refuting the above

sorry to say that, but I don't know such a site. I listen to all parties and try my best to make balanced opinion.

but you listen to one side only. here lies the difference

sorry to say that, but I don't know such a site. I listen to all parties and try my best to make balanced opinion.

Post removed to enable reply.

You have absolutely zero knowledge on the sources of info that I use as research, they are many & vary by way of political slant. We all come to conclusions that make sense to us individually, such as the reports I linked too by way of example of Assad's activities, which BTW have been reported on extensively elsewhere.

IMO there are way to many posters on this forum who post assertions without any creditable links to supporting info, as well as over the top exaggerations / conspiracy nonsense.

You have absolutely zero knowledge on the sources of info that I use as research, they are many & vary by way of political slant. We all come to conclusions that make sense to us individually, such as the reports I linked too by way of example of Assad's activities, which BTW have been reported on extensively elsewhere.

IMO there are way to many posters on this forum who post assertions without any creditable links to supporting info, as well as over the top exaggerations / conspiracy nonsense.

so why didn't you post these sources here, instead of these US left liberal propaganda mouthpieces?

so why didn't you post these sources here, instead of these US left liberal propaganda mouthpieces?

Circular argument - if you can be bothered point to the falsehoods, with supporting content - in the links I provided.

Circular argument - if you can be bothered point to the falsehoods, with supporting content - in the links I provided.

it was you who started to use propaganda sources in support of you position. and no, there is no any independent sources in these links.