Thai govt denies existence of mafia blacklist

webfact

Govt denies existence of mafia blacklist
JEERAPONG PRASERTPOLKRUNG,
ANAN WICHITPRACHA,
PONGSATHAT RUJIPHUTTANYAPHAT
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- THE authorities do not have a blacklist of mafia-style influential figures, but a nationwide operation to locate military-grade weapons will be launched, Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan has said.

Prawit spoke yesterday in response to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha's recent order for national security agencies to rid Thailand of influential figures in six months.

Prawit, who is also Defence Minister, said he would discuss influential figures using military-grade weapons with the Defence Ministry, the Interior Ministry, the Royal Thai Police and National Council for Peace and Order.

He denied having a specific location.

At a Cabinet meeting on Tuesday, Prayut gave the six-month deadline for related authorities to rid the country of mafia-style influential figures - be they politicians, soldiers, police or bureaucrats.

Prayut highlighted a case in which a woman's house in Pathum Thani's Thanyaburi district was fired at by suspected loan-shark debt-collectors on Sunday. No one was hurt in the attack.

The vendor, 56, said yesterday she lived in fear and it seemed like not much progress had been made in the investigation into the incident. She had borrowed a total of Bt15,000 from three loan sharks.

Police have a patrol presence in front of her home, but she said she has rarely seen officers there.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/life/A-dream-holiday-for-foreign-beauties-30271455.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-24

Why deny the list, too many embarrassing names on it ?

I'm sure they have a list, just like I'm sure they know who was behind the MIB in 2010 and who was behind the murder of protesters recently.

And I'm also sure there are a lot of embarrassing names on it (I assume you mean in the military) as well as plenty we all expect. Publishing them without full evidence would be the act of an idiot. This is the land of laws to protect the guilty in situations like this.

that scum suthep should be on it unless he too much of a close pall to the self made pm lol .

You should spend more time in study instead of embarrassing yourself with semi-literate comments like that.

Pulled your snout out of the trough did he ?. I don't defend the man at all : every politician is corrupt in this country, but I defend what he did in getting the dirty cronies out.

that scum suthep should be on it unless he too much of a close pall to the self made pm lol .

You should spend more time in study instead of embarrassing yourself with semi-literate comments like that.

Pulled your snout out of the trough did he ?. I don't defend the man at all : every politician is corrupt in this country, but I defend what he did in getting the dirty cronies out.

Defending what he did to get the dirty cronies out is tantamount to defending him. The end does not justify the means. Given that it was done to further their own ends, and not those of the people, I find Suthep to be just as heinous as the Thaksins, or the current government.

This is a major argument for people who claim not to support him - "well, he got those reds out". Yes he did, in direct collusion with the coup makers.

The military might be able to fool the middle class, with their percieved allegiance to the most respected authority in the land, and in turn, any farangs whose wives share that philosophy. The reality is that they are all self-serving a-holes who want to make sure that when the shit hits the fan they are standing up wind.

"....embarrassing yourself with semi-literate comments like that."

What did I say about making snide remarks about other people's intelligence, John? Do try to remember you're no intellectual giant yourself, as demonstrated by the following inane comment:

"I don't defend the man at all : every politician is corrupt in this country, but I defend what he did in getting the dirty cronies out."

So he helped his pal replace one group of dirty cronies with another group of dirty cronies. What a hero!!

I will believe they are serious when they take down the so far untouchable mafia families who run the rackets on Phuket and Koh Tao.

And I will believe they are serious when they invite people to have a look at the personal finances of all people in power, starting with the junta leader.

But we all know that won't happen....coffee1.gif

"THE authorities do not have a blacklist of mafia-style influential figures, but a nationwide operation to locate military-grade weapons will be launched"

Now, that's how you start a story...

So they don't have a mafia blacklist, they call it the "military-grade weapon list" but don't worry it's got no names and addresses on it. Makes perfect sense.

"...a nationwide operation to locate military-grade weapons will be launched..."

Just don't forget to look for bullet proof vests and ballistic grade helmets. These are also classed as military-grade weapons in Thailand.

Don't they realize how embarrassing of an admission this is? The BIB are so useless at their jobs that they aren't even able to put together a list of mafia groups in the country?

In business it's always good to know who the competition is.

Or don't they have any?