Re Entry Permit

:D I am about to come to thailand on my multiple non imm O visa.

i will do the visa runs every 90 days until my one year is up.i then intend to come back to england to renew visa and go back out for a further year.I intend to do exactly this for 3 years and then apply for residency visa.Will i at any time require a re-entry permit and if i do can someone explain exactly what it is.

THANKS to everyone that has posted all information that has made my planned trip so much easier.It really is much appreciated.

GOONER :o

:D I am about to come to thailand on my multiple non imm O visa.

i will do the visa runs every 90 days until my one year is up.i then intend to come back to england to renew visa and go back out for a further year.I intend to do exactly this for 3 years and then apply for residency visa.Will i at any time require a re-entry permit and if i do can someone explain exactly what it is.

THANKS to everyone that has posted all information that has made my planned trip so much easier.It really is much appreciated.

GOONER :o

You have to have 3 consecutive years of one year extensions to be eligible to apply for residency. Coming and going on a multiple entry visa counts for nothing. Do you qualify for the one year extensions ? You will only need re-entry permits if you have the extension, and you travel out of Thailand.

:o THANKS Dr pat pong. how would i qualify for 1 year extensions.I am single though i have a thai girlfriend i am 43 years old .I am retired but too young for retirement visa in thailand.

Hope you can help.

many thanks GOONER :D

:o THANKS Dr pat pong. how would i qualify for 1 year extensions.I am single though i have a thai girlfriend i am 43 years old .I am retired but too young for retirement visa in thailand.

Hope you can help.

many thanks GOONER :D

Unless you make an honest woman of her Gooner, you will have to border hop every 90 days until you reach 50 years, or invest a lot of money in Thailand.

Gooner, I have a similar position to you except I am 50. So I think I am eligiable for a retirement visa. I am a complete beginner here, so my questions are quite elementary. Can anyone help?

Where should I apply a visa? I am in Essex UK, (yes, I know). The Thai embassy in London? Or is this something I can do while I am Thailand on holiday? (of course I would bring all the necessary documents)

How do I open a Thai bank account from UK? Can I do this while I am still in UK? Or I can do this while on holiday?(but I would have no Thai address)

Assuming I get a 1 year Retirement visa, do I still have to do a visa run every 90 days? (if so, why. what is the point of having a 1 year visa?)

If you have permanent residency, does this mean you dont need a work permit?

ta. in advance

pyan pong phew, have a look in here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/318.0.html

No, you cannot apply while on vacation in Thailand. It must be an embassy or consulate, the general advice, apply in Hull.

Bank account you need to show for extension at immigration office in Thailand, means once you are here on the initial visa you find your bank and then go to immigration. When (if?) your retirement visa is clear, you do not have to leave the country. But you extent your visa anually. If you want to leave on a trip, apply for a re-entry permit b4 leaving. (Multiple if you intend to travel more than once a year)

PR (Perm. residency) is another story, after 3 years having stayed here on the same visa. You would need some language skills among other things.

Work permit? No way, you are retired!

:o dear PYAN PONG PHEW

yes i must agree with the previous post. ALWAYS use HULL embassy.They are always very helpful and will always attempt to help you out.

BIRMINGHAM and LONDON are not very helpful or obliging.

GOOD LUCK to you and i hope it all works out fine.

:D GOONER

You can apply for retirement visa here in Thailand if you arrive on a tourist visa and have the money in a bank here. Or you can apply for the retirement visa in the UK before money is bank here. You can not do it here on a 30 day stay stamp without visa.

You can not open a bank account here without being here on a valid visa. So if you plan to do visa process here be sure to set up a wire transfer agreement with your bank prior to travel so that you can send funds to your account here with a phone or fax call. A hotel or friends address is all that is normally required and as account will likely be passbook based no mail is required.

Once you have the final one year retirement visa you do not have to make visa runs but you will require a re entry permit prior to any travel outside Thailand to keep it alive.

PR does not allow work without a work permit and a retirement visa does not allow work in any case.