Second year of WP and 1 Year Work Extension or Stay Nearing

Hello Gents,

Searched but could not find the answer. If a thread exists feel free to point me there.

Entered on Non-B for work in January 2015

Got WP.

Got 1 Year Extension of Stay based on work.

Anniversary around the corner

Assuming I continue with the same employer, what is required regarding extending/renewing WP/Visa/Extension on Stay for the following year?

If I am correct, the WP is renewed fairly painlessly, mostly my concerns are about my Visa and Extension. New Visa required from foreign embassy/consulate? Same 1 Year Extension process all over? 30 day consideration period again?

Thank you

Different experience here as compared to above 2 posters: never been asked to show a tax payment receipt when renewing my WP, and my labour office (BKK) does not allow me to apply for a WP renewal before I have received my extension of stay from immigration. Advice to OP: check with your labour and immigration offices what the exact requirements are for your situation (could be job dependent).

Different experience here as compared to above 2 posters: never been asked to show a tax payment receipt when renewing my WP, and my labour office (BKK) does not allow me to apply for a WP renewal before I have received my extension of stay from immigration. Advice to OP: check with your labour and immigration offices what the exact requirements are for your situation (could be job dependent).

How can you get an extension reason for employment if that permit to be employed is about to expire. ? what date will they extend you to ? The order is backwards...they can only extend you as far as the permit allows .

How can you get an extension reason for employment if that permit to be employed is about to expire. ? what date will they extend you to ? The order is backwards...they can only extend you as far as the permit allows .

I get my extensions of stay (1 year at a time) based primarily on the letter of my employer stating that I will be working for them during the year to come. I also provide a copy of my WP, but that does not need to be renewed yet. Has been like that for the past 6 years for me. I once tried to reverse the order (WP renewal first, extension of stay later), but Labour wouldn't have it: told me to come back after having managed the extension of stay, they did not even want to take my application into consideration.

Extension of Thai Business Visa
The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.
The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:
1. The business must be registered in Thailand.
2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.
3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.
4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension
- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:
1. Application form (T.M. 7 )
2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .
3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .
4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-
5. The company letters certifying as follows ;
- Nature of business
- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.
- Number of Thai and foreign employees.
6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.
7. Company's annual balance sheets.
8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.
9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.
10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.
11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.
12. Business Registration or Business License.
13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.
14. A map that indicate location of the Company.
15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.
16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

Some Immigrations offices.
17. Picture of all the company's employees at work
18. Picture of all company's employees in front of the office with clear name of the company showing

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

Some Immigrations offices.

17. Picture of all the company's employees at work

18. Picture of all company's employees in front of the office with clear name of the company showing

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

With respect, these rules and procedures apply to the fist time the extension is applied for, not the subsequent years, correct?