Public Taxis

boro

I will be arriving at the new airport from Abu Dhabi at 7.30 am on Saturday morning, October 28th ( assuming there are no flight delays !). I am flying on Etihad Airways. My friend will be arriving from London on Thai Airways arriving at 3 pm. We have already booked accommodation on Sukhumvit Road.

Does anyone have any idea how long approximately it will take to get to the accommodation considering the day and arrival time and what the cost will be by public taxi ?

I have been to Bangkok before, but this is my friend's first visit. I hope to meet him at the airport on his arrival. I plan to make my way to the hotel, check in, get some sleep and go back out later in the afternoon. Is this a feasible plan or would I be better hanging around the airport for the 7-8 hours ? I also read on another forum that meeting people might be a problem as there are apparently different exits.

:o Any advice/information will be greatly appreciated.

Have your buddy grab a cab and just meet you at hotel....but if you must, just stay and wait....the traffic could be bad going to meet him and you'd miss each other.

I will be arriving at the new airport from Abu Dhabi at 7.30 am on Saturday morning, October 28th ( assuming there are no flight delays !). I am flying on Etihad Airways. My friend will be arriving from London on Thai Airways arriving at 3 pm. We have already booked accommodation on Sukhumvit Road.

Does anyone have any idea how long approximately it will take to get to the accommodation considering the day and arrival time and what the cost will be by public taxi ?

I have been to Bangkok before, but this is my friend's first visit. I hope to meet him at the airport on his arrival. I plan to make my way to the hotel, check in, get some sleep and go back out later in the afternoon. Is this a feasible plan or would I be better hanging around the airport for the 7-8 hours ? I also read on another forum that meeting people might be a problem as there are apparently different exits.

:o Any advice/information will be greatly appreciated.