Why Are Their So Many Ladyboys In Thailand ?

steven23

My lady has many LB friends in her small village but one in particular is a good friend who she grew up with. So, I asked my GF when her LB friend first started dressing like a girl? Since he was a toddler he would play girlie games and dress like a girl. I think sometimes the mother wants a daughter and leads the boy in the LB direction.

That's all I got.

You're asking whether pedo's are born that way? We may as well ask about murderers and rapists also. But those things are criminal behaviors and being gay is not. I do think some people are more prone to engage in criminal behavior and their environment certainly contributes.

I would think many types of sexual preferences would be genetic.

I don't really class ladyboys as gay, and as I understand it, nor do most gay people.

But criminality is decided by government edict, rather than by sexuality.

In some 80 countries worldwide gay is a crime, in other countries it isn't.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

The main point seems to me is why do boys grow up wanting to be ladies? My own humble theory, honed over many years observing in many societies, is that a lack of father figure does often result in a gay, homosexual child....so when you see the number of single thai mums this could be a reason there are many gays, toms, ladyboys I Thailand. (one reason , maybe with others also)

What rock did you just crawl out from under? Everyone with a brain in 2015 knows that being gay is not a choice, it's how you're born.

The bottom line is, Thais are just more open and accepting of the sexual fluidity that's in all of us. Nobody is 100% "straight"...it's a spectrum. In the West, we tend to hide it; in Thailand, much less so.

I'd estimate that 40-50% of so-called "straight" males (everywhere in the world) have experimented with same-sex sex at some point up to and including their teenaged years, and maybe 30% after that (as adults).

Research has shown that the super macho "he-man" guys (football and rugby players, military, rap singers, gang members, etc...especially the ones who are most vocally anti-gay) are the MOST likely to secretly engage in sex with other men...I'd say for that group, it's more like 50-70% of them have (and continue to have) sex with men. In the West, when women do it with other women (and they do just as much), it's thought of as "sexy," but men have to hide it because of the stupid "macho" smoke screen that's put up. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Thais are just more in the open about it, which translates into more tolerance for lady boys.