Mafia crackdown order to be announced in a day or two

webfact

we cant have the military and the police acting as mafia can we that would be illegal wouldn't it but we do know this happens and has been happening for quite some time this chap is sending out a warning lets hope they heed it .

That is sarcasm isn't it?

It has to be,... the chap sending out the message 'appointed ' a sycophant who spent double his declared assets on the stock market in one month!

Heed?? I think not, giggle, laugh uncontrollably, shake their collective head in disbelief, perhaps but, heed?? No

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just told my friend, I am overwhelmed with incredibly stupid humor and entertainment right now from the numerous military ranking officials that call themselves leaders... no time to watch my cable series shows.

The headlines and following stories are just hilarious.

The army dictatorship is doing great job with the comedy show. Much better than any TV comedy hour.

We laugh and we ridicule but, Briggsy is probably on the button.

This current team of incompetents want a return to a totally medieval regime and the so called mafia

will be replaced by their cronies.

Our dearleader, if this was done properly, would rise in the esteem of many, including other countries governments but, alas

we all know the real purpose of this latest crackdown.

Troughs for the boys.

If this is implemented it will certainly end in tears, if not blood.

My concern is for the collateral damage, the innocents who could get caught up in this.

The wonderful people of this country are sitting on the most beautiful time bomb imaginable.

Yep. The big boss is taking out more political enemies.

If they can't stop it from the police/mafia side, they need to make it illegal for the business owners to pay. With serious penalties, such as shutting down their business, fines, and imprisonment.

Then they need to do stings. Once word gets out that paying bribes will cause you to lose everything, business owners will think twice before handing out payments.

This suggestion is just what we'd expect of the Thai establishment in it's failing to understand the world whilst lazily passing the buck.

Advocating punishing the victims? Suggesting they give money to the mafia out of choice? Or suggesting that all mafia dealings are strictly within mafia-run businesses?

The above post's deterrent is simplistic and fails to address the problem: it is 'the mafia' that needs to be deterred and they need to be ripped out of society at all levels without collateral damage to innocent business. The world we are in is one whereby tens of thousands legitimate businesses have had to pay 'the mafia' - whatever the heck that is supposed to mean in Thailand of all places - or would have been at best shut down and driven out in a very real sense and with no support system to do anything about it (in fact, it's arguably the other way around in that 'the mafia' are the ones who have a support system in place); and at worst: otherwise decent people and their families in fear of their lives, nevermind their livelihoods.

The post's reasoning is perfect Thai logic: like having this current 'police' force responsible for nabbing bribe offers at the roadside (and getting rewarded for it!) rather than destroying the corruption within the police in the first place.

It's the bad guys that need weeding out from the roots or don't bother, you'll just make normal folks' lives even more miserable to have yet another bunch of thugs pushing them around.

"If they can't stop it from the police/mafia side..." is not good enough, sorry.

I understand what you are trying to say, but the implementation of such a scheme is open to even more problems and the truth is if the Thais want to clean themselves up they need to get a wash, not push others into the line of fire who are merely low hanging fruit or actually decent people.

Edited by Squeegee

Why Wy in the name of Satan would you advertise that there will be a Crackdown???? The only reason be ,,,,That Every Mafioso will be OUT OF TOWN when they are going to Raid the place,,,,,,and collect a bones from the Mafioso,,,,,

Oh how i love these announced crack downs soooo very much: and all the ones who are on head of the crackdowns are the most wanted guys but good they are leading the crack owns so they can't be found

And the mafia crackdown would need to jail most of the leaders and their followers in the government, the public services, the companies etc. and sure the police: if Gen. Prayut not want any mafia structures he need first to kick out all the police in this country to take control!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they can't stop it from the police/mafia side, they need to make it illegal for the business owners to pay. With serious penalties, such as shutting down their business, fines, and imprisonment.

Then they need to do stings. Once word gets out that paying bribes will cause you to lose everything, business owners will think twice before handing out payments.

This suggestion is just what we'd expect of the Thai establishment in it's failing to understand the world whilst lazily passing the buck.

Advocating punishing the victims? Suggesting they give money to the mafia out of choice? Or suggesting that all mafia dealings are strictly within mafia-run businesses?

The above post's deterrent is simplistic and fails to address the problem: it is 'the mafia' that needs to be deterred and they need to be ripped out of society at all levels without collateral damage to innocent business. The world we are in is one whereby tens of thousands legitimate businesses have had to pay 'the mafia' - whatever the heck that is supposed to mean in Thailand of all places - or would have been at best shut down and driven out in a very real sense and with no support system to do anything about it (in fact, it's arguably the other way around in that 'the mafia' are the ones who have a support system in place); and at worst: otherwise decent people and their families in fear of their lives, nevermind their livelihoods.

The post's reasoning is perfect Thai logic: like having this current 'police' force responsible for nabbing bribe offers at the roadside (and getting rewarded for it!) rather than destroying the corruption within the police in the first place.

It's the bad guys that need weeding out from the roots or don't bother, you'll just make normal folks' lives even more miserable to have yet another bunch of thugs pushing them around.

"If they can't stop it from the police/mafia side..." is not good enough, sorry.

I understand what you are trying to say, but the implementation of such a scheme is open to even more problems and the truth is if the Thais want to clean themselves up they need to get a wash, not push others into the line of fire who are merely low hanging fruit or actually decent people.

Actually, I have a suggestion that is similar but far more constructive: the Thais must change the perception of greed and corruption across the whole population: like making the policeman who comes to a legitimate business after tea money a social pariah.

Edited by Squeegee

That's the end of the russians in pattaya then.

Possible Nana Plaza too as this place is full with influential farangs according to a friend of mine at Lumpini Police station.

How big is Nana Plaza?

100x100 meters?

4 floors that generates a lot of cash for both the police and army too. Will miss that place if it will ever shut down.

That's the end of the russians in pattaya then.

Possible Nana Plaza too as this place is full with influential farangs according to a friend of mine at Lumpini Police station.

How big is Nana Plaza?

100x100 meters?

4 floors that generates a lot of cash for both the police and army too. Will miss that place if it will ever shut down.

4 floors, yes.

You will miss it, yes.

Lot of cash, no

Have a look at the defense budget.

It's not taken out of Nana.

Bribes do not count towards the state budget.

Please, please, start in the Nana area, get rid of the food sellers that block the roads and footpaths causing traffic danger, get rid of the illegal taxi parking, the touts, restore some order to the area. Oh! wait a minute I think I might just try again to make my pig fly.

Geez mate,you aim high,you rekon they are the king pins?Or you just want a bit of room to take your harem home.

@ Lampang2

4 floors, yes.
You will miss it, yes.
Lot of cash, no

I dont think the tea money is included in the state budget.

Lots of cash for the BIB and military mafia.. YES

@ Lampang2

4 floors, yes.

You will miss it, yes.

Lot of cash, no

Local bib's don't run the country.

@ Lampang2

4 floors, yes.

You will miss it, yes.

Lot of cash, no

Local bib's don't run the country.

Never said they did. Read the full sentence.

A wise Dutchman that has lived here for ages, once explained to me the following:

In South American and most African countries, the local governments have strong ties with the maffia.

In Thailand, however, the government is the maffia.

The time frame of six months is ridiculous. Combined with the always helpful pre-announcement of police strategies and actions, this should assure maximum opportunity for publicity, without imposing a long term commitment or needlessly burdening the court system with defendants.

Six months has a long and glorious history. When he was running for governor of Bangkok, Thaksin promised that he would cure the traffic problem(s) within six months. It's become a tradition. Every new administration has to promise to do something utterly impossible within six months.