Importing grease (lubricant)

Is it possible to import grease and lubricant, or do you need a special license for oil based products?

We may need some (or actually a lot) grease from Dow Corning and as it seems in USA it costs 1/3 than what the distributor in Thailand offers.

You can import it no problem, but check how much import tax and shipping is first. My company imports oil base chemicals for our own production use, no license required.

Thanks!

import duty should be 10 %. Shipping will be massive unless our customer need enough to let it go sea freight.

At these prices I don't worry too much for the shipping costs tongue.png

You can import it no problem, but check how much import tax and shipping is first. My company imports oil base chemicals for our own production use, no license required.

Thanks!

import duty should be 10 %. Shipping will be massive unless our customer need enough to let it go sea freight.

We send ours in, in full containers. Better to double check with your freight forwarder to just to make sure and not have you goods stuck in customs.

Thanks!

We send ours in, in full containers. Better to double check with your freight forwarder to just to make sure and not have you goods stuck in customs.

We import a lot and have experience with it.....just never grease. Usually Orings, hydraulic seals, raw material to produce hydraulic seals, just never anything liquid. Don't know if that makes a difference. On the quantity is still unknown. At the moment our customer told us they need "many many"saai.gif. It seems they have no software that can tell them how many they ordered in the last half year crazy.gif, the girl in the office just orders if there is not enough in the stockcrazy.gif . (Big international company).

Thanks for your help!