Apartment Owner asks for my passport

I can only comment on recent experience moved to khon kaen went to immigration to change address all they wanted was TM 30 from wife copy blue book and her I'd card. Not wanted was a TM 28 or my passport. Officer did comment to wife I was not registered in Pattaya condo but as I did it correctly here not to worry.

No need to show anybody anything. For one, how does the landlord even know you're coming? and what business is it of theirs?

Sounds like plans for some illegal doings.

I would be careful. It just doesn't seem right on how he/or she would know you're coming, unless your "Girlfriend" tolded them and that just don't make any sense

Thai immigration at the airport BKK Suvarnabhumi, on their form; they want to know where you're going to stay. Write down the address, end of story. Bon Voyage.

ubonjoe, where are you?

What's the big deal here

Tourist staying at hotel they take copy of passport and inform immigration.

Tourist staying with girlfriend at her apartment she informs her landlord he needs/should have copy of passport to inform immigration (not all do) so girlfriend can do using I'd and lease agreement.

Tourist staying in rented condo landlord has copy passport and informs immigration.

Please it's so easy to understand someone has to inform immigration of an alien residing at where ever he is happens in lots of countries all over the world. Where's the big problem here

No need to show anybody anything. For one, how does the landlord even know you're coming? and what business is it of theirs?

I would be careful. It just doesn't seem right on how he/or she would know you're coming, unless your "Girlfriend" tolded them and that just don't make any sense

Thai immigration at the airport BKK Suvarnabhumi, on their form; they want to know where you're going to stay. Write down the address, end of story. Bon Voyage.

Nope...

I have many friends in Thailand that hold office, like

lawyer, government workers, police and more,

i have often visited them and stay with them in

their house, nothing has ever been done, no

forms, passport ? didn't know anything about

that? I hold Aussie passport.

Nothing to worry about. If you go and stay with friends for a couple of days there is no need for them to inform immigration that you're staying with them. The law says they should but immigration don't enforce situations like this (usually).

I would be careful. It just doesn't seem right on how he/or she would know you're coming, unless your "Girlfriend" tolded them and that just don't make any sense.

It makes perfect sense.

Boyfriend coming over for a visit.

Girlfriend excited and tells Family, Friends, and another 300,000 on Facebook.

Seems about right to me smile.png