Visa Non-O based on a child.

A few questions. Please help.

I have been staying on Multiple entry Non-O based on a child for a year now. Do not have the funds for yearly extension (400K). But if I did, could I still apply for it now, after when the visa has expired but stay permit has not?

Am I able to extend for 60 days?

This would mean staying over 90 days continuously. Would that be possible only at my address' immigration, or would other town be possible?

Is it possible to get a multi Non-O based on child at some neighbouring embassy?

What is the best way for me to stay in Thailand to continue visiting my child?

Am I required to live at same address with the child and the legal guardian for this visa type?

Are the requirements different for extension, 60 days?

• You can apply for a 1 year extension before the end of any stay and after the visa has expired.
  • Yes you could apply for a 60 day extension first (1,900 baht). No proof of income needed.
  • You need to apply at the office that covers the address you put on the application.
  • At the end of that 60 days you could apply for a 1 year extension if you have the 400k.
  • If you don't have the funds you could then go to Savannakhet and get a new multi entry non 'O' without any proof of income.
  • For the non 'O' visa and 60 day extensions you only need to be named on the birth certificate.
  • For a 1 year extension you need to be the legal father and live with the child. The 400k only needs to be in your account on the day of application.
Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

Thanks!

So I could extend my 90 day stay for 60 more?

Is it ok to live ain another town in this case?

Is copy of the birth certificate enough for extension?

What are the Sawannakhet requirements exactly? I am at mercy of the very uncooperative mother for the invitation and probably won't be able to get the original bc from her.

Thanks!

I am the father on the birth certificate.

Not married. So have no guardian rights in Thailand it seems.

I have signed copies of TB and ID of the mother. Are you saying that nobody will deal with me with only the copy, print out of the official BC? Plus all the other hospital issued BC in thai and eng. which seem to be useless...

I am the father on the birth certificate.

Not married. So have no guardian rights in Thailand it seems.

I have signed copies of TB and ID of the mother. Are you saying that nobody will deal with me with only the copy, print out of the official BC? Plus all the other hospital issued BC in thai and eng. which seem to be useless...

The first thing you should be doing is legalise yourself as the parent especially if you have a bad relationship with the mother.

For the 60 day you need to get the birth certificate from the mother. And the child would need to be with you when you apply.

I apologise but I misinformed you about the multi entry non 'O' at Savannakhet. It appears that they now need you to be the legal father. Only single entry is available if you're not.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

Help needed. I have a partner and daughter living in Thailand. Have been using visa on arrival to cost regularly.I work 4 wks on 4 wks off in Australia. Last entry into Phuket was stopped and told I need a 1yr non O visa. Was advised by agent in Phuket to apply in Singapore. Am on a ship heading to Singapore now. Have Just read the requirements and it says 400,000baht in bank.This will be my initial application based on my daughter. If not 400,000 baht how much is required? Any other hints for Singapore Embassy

Thanks so much!

Child is 6 y-o now. Can we legalize at amphuer office, straight forward, no court fees? What is the mother recuired to perform? Consent?

Will this make me another BC for use?

This link should answer your questions http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

No you don't get a BC. You might be able to get a duplicate from the Amphur where the birth was registered but I'd guess the mother would need to be with you.

Advice needed...

I have all the documents except for my daughter's house book registry needed for a Single Non O based on Thai Child. It will be my second Single Non O at Vientiane.

The only problem I face now is getting a copy of my daughter's house book registry whom is registered under my brother-in-law and my gf's sister registry. They are not very cooperative with me despite pleads from my gf.

Any chances Vientiane will accept the original BC, my wife copy ID & passport + her house registry without a copy of my daughter's house book registry? The last round I had the copy of my daughter's house book registry and regretted not having made more copies of it.

It seems to me embassy is more interested in the original BC as they kept the original BC before returning to me the next day when I went to collect my passport and Non O.

Any genuine advice?

Edited by mfred009

Help needed. I have a partner and daughter living in Thailand. Have been using visa on arrival to cost regularly.I work 4 wks on 4 wks off in Australia. Last entry into Phuket was stopped and told I need a 1yr non O visa. Was advised by agent in Phuket to apply in Singapore. Am on a ship heading to Singapore now. Have Just read the requirements and it says 400,000baht in bank.This will be my initial application based on my daughter. If not 400,000 baht how much is required? Any other hints for Singapore Embassy

I suggest you go to Penang for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai. They will issue the visa with proof of 100k baht or the equivalent in a bank or proof of income.

You would not get the visa in Singapore. You would be lucky to get a single entry non-o visa there.

With your work schedule it would be difficult for you to apply for an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

• Like 1