Makro duvet

mrjohn

The cold season is nearly upon us and our bedroom can get pretty chilly. So I am thinking of investing in a duvet. Would anybody recommend the Makro ones as they seem to be just about the only option nearby or should I make a trip to the big city?

The cold season is nearly upon us and our bedroom can get pretty chilly. So I am thinking of investing in a duvet.

And here I am in Jomtien wondering if I will ever be able to turn my aircon off this cool season? In 5 years I have never had as much as a sheet over me here, summer or winter. And I have never turned my ceiling fans off at all (except when I've been away).

To return to the topic, personally I like to get all my linen either from the UK or, occasionally, from IKEA in Bangkok. Everything else here seems to be either rubbish or overpriced, or overpriced rubbish.

And here I am in Jomtien wondering if I will ever be able to turn my aircon off this cool season?

That’s precisely why I moved away from the sea, 5 or 6 years ago.

3 to 400 m above sea level is a much better climate for me.

Have you not got a couple of old army overcoats you can throw over the bed.

Thanks for that idea but it’s just the sort of thing I did when I was about 18 or 19.

I like to think of myself as a little more sophisticated now!

petermik post # 2

Have you not got a couple of old army overcoats you can throw over the bed.............highly reccommended thumbsup.gif

Blast from the past there, being an old Andrew man I used Duffel coats myself.cheesy.gif

And "topping and tailing" meant four of us could sleep in the same bed........................those were the days gigglem.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

And here I am in Jomtien wondering if I will ever be able to turn my aircon off this cool season?

That’s precisely why I moved away from the sea, 5 or 6 years ago.

3 to 400 m above sea level is a much better climate for me.

Can't argue with that, though the downside here is that you also have to be further away from the restaurants etc.

I was always very keen on Baguio in the Philippines and the highlands in Malaysia.

Have you not got a couple of old army overcoats you can throw over the bed.............highly reccommended thumbsup.gif

Boy calls down the stair - "Mum. Our Gerald's hogging the coat again".

Embarrassed mother who has guests - "It's not a coat, it's a duvet".

Five minutes later.

"Mum. Our Gerald's just ripped the sleeve off the duvet".