Does a 5 year old have be present for her VISA extension?

I have a 5 year old daughter who studies in Thailand and has a 3 month-student VISA.

Now the VISA has to be extended and I don't want her to skip her class to go to Chaeng Wattanna Immigration.

Can I just go there without her and extend her VISA?

I've tried to call CW Immigration but nobody picks up the phone for 20 minutes.

Does anyone have experience extending a VISA for their young children without their presence at the office?

Short answer YES. Recent changes in Phuket require any alien to be present to have an ID photo taken after an application has been approved. Don't fall into the trap of many who are told children under 14/15 do not need visa extensions. Presumably the child entered the country on a Non 'O' Ed visa or a Non 'O'.non descriptive. Either way it needs to be extended for one year. Problems can occur if the child is involved in an accident and is here on an expired VOA or VEE. The insurance company could declare that the child is in Thailand illegally and therefore refuse to pay any insurance. on those grounds

• 2 weeks later...

Short answer YES. Recent changes in Phuket require any alien to be present to have an ID photo taken after an application has been approved. Don't fall into the trap of many who are told children under 14/15 do not need visa extensions. Presumably the child entered the country on a Non 'O' Ed visa or a Non 'O'.non descriptive. Either way it needs to be extended for one year. Problems can occur if the child is involved in an accident and is here on an expired VOA or VEE. The insurance company could declare that the child is in Thailand illegally and therefore refuse to pay any insurance. on those grounds

Many thanks. It really helped.