Battery. Lifan Cross 200

farangmick

I live in the middle of nowhere & have no trouble at all getting a battery for my Lifan just show the shop the old one, obviously you need to go to a shop in a bigger village, one big enough to have a seven eleven in. Not just a scooter shack...

Thanks a lot Dutchbike. The original battery is an A.T.E., which I've never heard of. I took it back to the shop (cannot call a dealer) that I bought the bike from. A very nice girl went off on her scooter with the battery, and still came back with one a totally different shape! Similar story with all the other Chinese bike shops popping up all over the place.

Incidentally, when I went a couple of years ago for a 2.75 x 21 inner tube, they produced a 3.50 x 18 and asked if it would do!

Thanks again for the link. Used Yuasa batteries in England problem free for more years than I care to remember.

I live in the middle of nowhere & have no trouble at all getting a battery for my Lifan just show the shop the old one, obviously you need to go to a shop in a bigger village, one big enough to have a seven eleven in. Not just a scooter shack...

The town's actually a veritable metropolis with two 7/Elevens and a Tesco Lotus Express. Even the local Honda dealer, which has a few franchises in the province claimed they couldn't find a battery, and I left the old one with them for two weeks. On the road I can kick it, but I don't have the strength to do that anymore if I stall on a muddy track.

Just measured the battery tray. The Yuasa is longer wider and shorter than the OE battery, and it looks like it will fit better. From Google, the OE is a product of the world famous (not) Tong Yong Battery Co. No wonder I struggled to find one from a proper manufacturer.

• 2 weeks later...

The Lifan cross 200 uses a YTX7A-BS Battery, when you give these specs to a battery shop, they should be able to get one for even in the sticks.

or else : http://www.sangudom.co.th/web2/index.php/motorcycle/yuasa

attachicon.gifaccu-ytx7a-bs.jpg

Got a Yuasa from Sangudom. Brilliant service. 1500 baht inc courier delivery. Thanks Dutchbike.