Wing 41 Application Open For 2016

Tywais

That time of year again for those wanting Wing 41 (Royal Thai Air Force Base access) stickers. Open registration starts November 01, 2015.

• Copy of Driver's license
  • Copy of passport
  • Copy of Tambien Lort (Car registration book - blue book)
  • Filled out and signed form and all above copies signed.
  • 100 Baht application fee + 5 baht for government tax stamp.

Previous year topics:

Google Maps

post-566-0-71969700-1446011197_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tywais
Update charge to 100 Baht

STUPID QUESTION: Do you have to travel on foot to register? The pin labelled "Applications" is past the gate.

STUPID QUESTION 2: Do they only allow people who live nearby to get the sticker?

Thanks

SM

SQ1 - No, inform the guard that you want to apply for the sticker and he will pass you through. Maybe best to have a Thai speaker if your Thai is not sufficient but depends on the guard regarding understanding your request.

SQ2 - AFAIK, anyone with CM plates can apply. Not sure about cars with plates of other provinces or if it even matters.

Thanks much OP, for the reminder. So we can go pick-up the application form now, or wait until 1 Nov?

Not sure about pickup yet. Our secretary came around today asking us if we needed a form as she will go there and pick several of them up. Just noticed that Nov 1 is Sunday so will have to recheck but she said Nov 1 is beginning of accepting applications.

STUPID QUESTION: Do you have to travel on foot to register? The pin labelled "Applications" is past the gate.

STUPID QUESTION 2: Do they only allow people who live nearby to get the sticker?

Thanks

SM

Cars registered in any province can apply. Our last car was on Udon plates and we had a pass for it.

Thank you very much for the info.

We (my wife!) forgot it last year.

I wish you said earlier. You could have had mine!

I wanted to do this for three years. Business in Nimmen living in Saraphi a great short cut. Last november i joined the queue and went through the rigmarole and collected my new sticker in feb or march.

As of today its still on the wifes dressing table because i could never be bothered to look for a 10 bt sticky holder to slap it on the bike.

With that one way system that no longer works from the Tesco i think its of no use what so ever.

For me anyway.

Is it something to proud of or to make you feel important about having one on your windscreen .? If so i will go get one even though i live on the opposite side of the City ;-)

Edited by anto

Is it something to proud of or to make you feel important about having one on your windscreen .? If so i will go get one even though i live on the opposite side of the City ;-)

Not sure where that came from, never considered it as a show piece. The vast majority I suspect have it for the convenience as I do. Now my university sticker on the other hand ... wink.png

BTW, sometime in the near far future it may no longer be necessary. Saw the construction as I went through Wing 41 last week.

Green Light for Road through Wing 41
To tackle the traffic jams in the Chiang Mai inner areas, a 450 million baht budget has been set for the construction of a 4-lane road, starting at the Nimmanhaemin intersection and passing through the Chiang Mai International Airport to Mahidol Road . The starting date for the construction is still not clear as the plan was initiated many years ago and the Chiang Mai Highway District 2 is still waiting for Wing 41 to hand over the area to the office so that the concession can be opened to construction companies.

The road will be 3.7 kilometres long and part of the budget is set for purchasing land from people living nearby the road. There is a possibility that the areas affected by the highway extensions will include the beginning of Nimmanhaemin Road on the opposite side of the Amari Rincome Hotel, some houses in Sailom Soi and the road leading to Wing 41. 1.7 kilometres of the road will run through Wing 41 and this has caused some concern about military security. It has been proposed that a wall should be built along the section of the highway passing through Wing 41 and short circuit cameras installed to survey the area. The plan includes the construction of a flyover from the northern gate of the Wing 41 to the Thanin factory, but this step requires the consent of people living near the area.

It is expected that the new road will help solve congestion on the Suthep and Huay Kaew roads during morning and evening rush hours since these roads lead to the university and many tourist sites.

Source - Chiang Mai News

Pretty bizarre statement. Surely everyone knows what these decals are for....don't they? Just goes to show that some farangs in Thailand will literally complain about anything and everything.

Just did my M/cycle & Car.

On entering the building avoid the 'Airport' type zig zag, thats your last destination.

Facing that Office, go down it's left side to the small window, where the application papers may be obtained B5 each.

The go outside rear of building to a row of Tables & chairs.

This years surprise, form is Thai only, and only the Photo page of you passport and page 4 of the vehicle ownership book are required.

A Thai Military Police Officer took pity and helped me fill mine in.

Then over to a table also outside where three police sat checking your forms where correct.

Then back inside join the zig zag and pay B100/vehicale to officer.

Simple even for an old naker like me.

john

Soon you won't have to bother with nothing as the new road is being built through the airport

Just did my M/cycle & Car.

On entering the building avoid the 'Airport' type zig zag, thats your last destination.

Facing that Office, go down it's left side to the small window, where the application papers may be obtained B5 each.

The go outside rear of building to a row of Tables & chairs.

This years surprise, form is Thai only, and only the Photo page of you passport and page 4 of the vehicle ownership book are required.

A Thai Military Police Officer took pity and helped me fill mine in.

Then over to a table also outside where three police sat checking your forms where correct.

Then back inside join the zig zag and pay B100/vehicale to officer.

Simple even for an old naker like me.

john