Thailand falls 3 places in Doing Business ranking

webfact

Thailand falls 3 places in Doing Business ranking
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thailand has retained its position among the top 50 economies worldwide and has ranked third among Asean countries on the ease of doing business, though falling three places from the previous annual survey, according to a new World Bank Group report.

Thailand is ranked 49 among 189 economies in 2015, compared with 46 in 2014, according to "Doing Business 2016: Measuring Quality and Efficiency".

From ten areas used for the annual ease of doing business measurement, Thailand showed an improvement only in the issuance of construction permits.

Elsewhere, for the 10th consecutive year, Singapore ranks number one in the world. Also among the top 20 economies are New Zealand (ranked 2), Republic of Korea (4), Hong Kong SAR, China (5), Taiwan, China (11), Australia (13) and Malaysia (18).

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Thailand-falls-3-places-in-Doing-Business-ranking-30271773.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-28

I wonder how many folks of "World Bank Group" have ever tried to actually conduct business in Thailand? My guess would be zero.......And who/what/where/how did this group's opinion (this "Group" period) come from?

I've never heard of them before.

More propaganda for the sheeple I guess.

Not surprising , before TAT starts another round of fact finding polls, it was interesting to note that Thailand never reached any of the three categories in the Lonely Planet Guides best this year, that was best country to visit , best place ( Town or City ) to visit and the most friendliest . coffee1.gif

It might be badly phrased then as well....it starts off with "in the top 50" out of 189....46 last year, 49 this year....and we just got the "top 50" in our head...now it's more like "second to last" rather than 49/189 lol

Citation and stuffs would be great however,I'm having a hard time to belief that well over a 100 countries are "worse" than Thailand in this regard. I could settle for "just as bad" without any supporting documents, but due to lack of not having done business much anywhere else and this here being a pain along with the visa....the scepticism is too high to believe it.

I wonder how many folks of "World Bank Group" have ever tried to actually conduct business in Thailand? My guess would be zero.......And who/what/where/how did this group's opinion (this "Group" period) come from?

And in exactly how many countries in the world have you tried opening a business? I guess the answer must be at least 50 of them since you believe you know better than the world bank group. As for who the World Bank Group is, there is a tool called the internet which allows you to look such things up. Give it a try.

Edited by ilostmypassword

Dropped three places. Really? The Government is still talking about increasing business opportunities and wealth and education for all Thai peoples.

Oooops, got a bit carried away there - let me just stop at "talking". Seems that is the better fit in the current circumstances. coffee1.gif

This might just give you a clue on the organisation behind 'World Bank Group':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Bank

Details of the ranking calculations are here:

http://www.doingbusiness.org/rankings

Not that difficult to find.

And in exactly how many countries in the world have you tried opening a business? I guess the answer must be at least 50 of them since you believe you know better than the world bank group. As for who the World Bank Group is, there is a tool called the internet which allows you to look such things up. Give it a try.

I have done business in 45 countries.

I had a business in Oz and have one in Thailand .

In terms of permits, insurances and compliances thailand is by far easier than Oz, because of its " donation " system .

In terms of staff, suppliers and operations Thailand is a nightmare.

Taxes are easier in Thailand but Oz system is pretty straight forward .

Also the lack of skilled labor and accountability in Thailand can and does drive one crazy

They think it's 3 places, but with the single gateway, they are still waiting for return pings from 47 foreign partners. Apparently the ping times are stretching out to 4320000 ms. cheesy.gif It's like snail mail with the ping times. You send a request this week, and next week you may get a reply. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Just spend the last 5 days trying to do my completely redundant 90 day check in using the useless immigration online service. It doesn't work at all!!! What is the point of this anyway? I pay my taxes, my company is legit.

If they took all of the people from the immigration office and put them outside they could easily check up on which companies are legit or not instead of the completely useless and time consuming system they have in place now.

I wish Canada would make all Thais leave the county to get a work permit there. Then waste day after day (all day) at the immigration office every few months +++

I wonder if any of these people that make these lists have ever tried doing business here.