Pattaya beach vendor fined for chasing away family of foreign tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australia has thousands of km's of beach yet i cant recall ever seeing one of those dreadful dumpy looking chairs.

Theyre probably banned. lol

The Beach chair originated in the UK didnt it? Theyre primarly for old farts who want to sit under an umbrella.

I would get rid of all beach chairs because they make the beach look like a rubbish tip.

Is there a problem with someone wanting to sit on a chair, under an umbrella and relax on the beach?

Australia has thousands of km's of beach yet i cant recall ever seeing one of those dreadful dumpy looking chairs.

The Beach chair originated in the UK didnt it? Theyre primarly for old farts who want to sit under an umbrella.

I would get rid of all beach chairs because they make the beach look like a rubbish tip.

Is there a problem with someone wanting to sit on a chair, under an umbrella and relax on the beach?

There should be a chair and umbrella for anyone that needs one, agreed.

The problem is wanting to use "the beach" but these entrepreneurs blockaded it with thousands of empty chairs.

post-247330-0-75953600-1446092905_thumb.

post-247330-0-83677400-1446092936_thumb.

post-247330-0-24746500-1446092957_thumb.

If they commandeer the beach like this, SCREW THEM.

Edited by RidgeRunner

Her name is Nid on Wongamat beach. Naklua soi 18. I am a long time customer and she's been nothing but sweet with me.

I do not agree with her actions although in her defense, she maintains the area constantly and I guess she wants compensation for use of her maintained area. True, she does not own the beach although I understand her reasons.

Her name is Nid on Wongamat beach. Naklua soi 18. I am a long time customer and she's been nothing but sweet with me.

I do not agree with her actions although in her defense, she maintains the area constantly and I guess she wants compensation for use of her maintained area. True, she does not own the beach although I understand her reasons.

Well, say bye bye. Today is her last day. Good.

But why didn't they hire a beach chair? What's there problem?

There an effin ripoff that's why, and oh, all beaches in Thailand are PUBLIC.

Actually they are not a ripoff, they are quite cheap but the individuals getting close to them and not hiring are possibly not sitting in an open area but trying to capture a free bit of shade. Whether that was the case in this situation?

Nid maybe sweet but stop paying and check the sugar levels again

Bid is from Isan came here to catch foreigners and she probably catches a stack. But she is no god and certainly not going to advise where to sit..

My mum had trouble and I loved my num.

God Bless Her she brought up a beast!!

Little Nid Noi will learn from this be sweet not bitter sweet

One day she may brush the wrong puppy

Mafia there good for a laugh... I grew up with the Calabrians and these people are cream puffs with a gun and a tattoo. Wanking it

Strike first strike hard finish. I hate stand over merchants they need a real good thrashing like that plastic gangster got in SOI 6 with the taxis

Thought he going exstort 200 off me for saying where the hotel was.... Even after I said thank you

Then he followed me. LOL

These beach people most I sure are ok

But just take your own umbrella and towels

Bye Bye

In the UK these chairs are called Deck Chairs and were originally used on passenger/cruise ships for sitting out on the sun decks.

Good that some action was undertaken.

Better her concession was suspended..........

Perhaps given to someone less domineering.

Or declared a free area where tourists can put down towels, bring their own chairs etc.

They did better than a suspension, they banned them all.

Mahaprap deserves jail time for claiming the beach as her own. It is an offense against the people of Thailand and against tourists who have as much right to the beach as this freak does. I would have pushed back and told her to blow me.

The illegal beach chair operators need to pay back the income they derived by abusing public property.

How along has she ben there? How many chairs. Add it up. And the city staff or police that collect the rent. Jail time obviously.

But why didn't they hire a beach chair? What's there problem?

There an effin ripoff that's why, and oh, all beaches in Thailand are PUBLIC.

They're definitely not a rip-off, some people just don't want to use them. And, oh, they're allowed to be there, until they get banned.

She was only sweet to you because she made money from you, if you'd have decided not to rent chars from her I think her sweet attitude would have buggered off pretty quickly.

Under the terms of her concession she is obligated to keep the area clean, she wasn't doing that out of the goodness of her heart and certainly shouldn't expect compensation for doing what she had to do.

Not only does she not own the beach she no longer has a concession there either.

She was only sweet to you because she made money from you, if you'd have decided not to rent chars from her I think her sweet attitude would have buggered off pretty quickly.

Under the terms of her concession she is obligated to keep the area clean, she wasn't doing that out of the goodness of her heart and certainly shouldn't expect compensation for doing what she had to do.

Not only does she not own the beach she no longer has a concession there either.

I agree with you entirely. And the fact that her concession was taken away is a beautiful thing. It is called discipline. It can only lead in a positive direction. Word will get around. The other beach freaks will be scared to death. They might behave in a more humane manner. They do not own the beach. Some just act as if they do. Push back. They need to hear the word no. This beach is public. Get out of my face, witch.

Waaaaah.......what a bunch of pansies......1000 baht fine and a meaningless apology

She should be publically flogged ...just for good measure.....as that is what most people are thinking she deserves......

Come on, admit it......

Let us see some right and proper justice...just for once.....lol

Cheers