Phuket police commander transferred

webfact

Phuket police commander transferred
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1446098443_1-org.jpg
Phuket Provincial Police Commander Maj Gen Patchara Boonyasit has been transferred to Ratchaburi province. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET: -- The Commander of the Phuket Provincial Police, Maj Gen Patchara Boonyasit, will end his term of service as the island’s top-ranking police officer on Friday (Oct 30).

Gen Patchara has been transferred to Ratchaburi province, where he will take up the post of Commander of the Provincial police there.

Pol Col Teerapol Thipjaroen, who is currently Deputy Commander of the Phuket Provincial Police, has been promoted to replace Gen Patchara as the senior-ranking officer for Phuket.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-commander-transferred-54734.php

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-29

This makes the ninth police commander of Phuket in eight years… I guess they only get a short time at the trough here!

Always another commander pushing to pay their x million baht envelope to someone in central government. It's just the Thai version of musical chairs ...

This makes the ninth police commander of Phuket in eight years… I guess they only get a short time at the trough here!

I think if they're promoted, they simply move on to other, deeper troughs

Not really - only the touristy beats have the deepest troughs. They all have their short time at the deepest troughs, also those in higher power get their brown envelopes on a regular basis.

That's why corruption contines at a rapid pace, the 'entry' money has to be recovered with profit in a very short time.