homeowners must report foreign guests

Hi,

I'm living in Bangkok and i own a studio in Phuket rented by a foreigner, it's impossible for me before several months to go to Phuket to report it. I heard i must go to Phuket immigration office absolutely. Is it true ? Is there any others solutions ? What kind of documents i have to provide ? Is there any people get fine or sentences already ? What are the risks ?

Thanks a lot for your help smile.png

Edited by aligator

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-warns-of-drive-on-foreign-stay-reports-38280.php

http://www.immigration.go.th/

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.
The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:

• In person at the respective office, or
  • Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
  • By registered mail, or
  • Via internet.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

Such a law makes one feel like a criminal just by being a foreigner in Thailand.

I wonder what temporary basis is? I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon.

Indeed, a real PITA brought about no doubt by their incompetence in controlling the borders and a need to show that they have the situation under control (aka SNAFU). I guess that we are all "temporary" in their eyes. If it were not for my having family here then I would seriously consider locating to somewhere that might welcome us.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-warns-of-drive-on-foreign-stay-reports-38280.php

http://www.immigration.go.th/

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.

The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:

• In person at the respective office, or
  • Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
  • By registered mail, or
  • Via internet.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

Yet that from 2013 and hasnt been enforced on Phuket for private persons yet..

Is there any evidence of this drive except the one agency source in Hua hin ??

Such a law makes one feel like a criminal just by being a foreigner in Thailand.

Indeed, a real PITA brought about no doubt by their incompetence in controlling the borders and a need to show that they have the situation under control (aka SNAFU). I guess that we are all "temporary" in their eyes. If it were not for my having family here then I would seriously consider locating to somewhere that might welcome us.

We are temporary visitors regardless of how long we have been here unless you apply and get Thai citizenship you and I will remain only temporary visitors and as such we abide by certain rules. Homeowners it's easy to submit a TM 30 stop moaning and just fill in a form and take it or post it simple. Or is it that 90%of landlords don't like this as then you will be known as Landlords and have to pay tax!!!!!. I am on a retirement extension and every 90 days report then after a year renew said extension in total let's say 1 day 24 hrs and thats a bit over the top for time spent at immigration. Then for 364 days I relax problem!!!!! None.

Naw......they will just pick and choose a few scapegoats......Where do you live asks the policeman......Here days the guy the police have just stopped.........

They used to show up at 6am at apartment buildings and bring every farang to the station. and check. It took all day .........Its in there playbook.

We are temporary visitors regardless of how long we have been here unless you apply and get Thai citizenship you and I will remain only temporary visitors and as such we abide by certain rules. Homeowners it's easy to submit a TM 30 stop moaning and just fill in a form and take it or post it simple. Or is it that 90%of landlords don't like this as then you will be known as Landlords and have to pay tax!!!!!. I am on a retirement extension and every 90 days report then after a year renew said extension in total let's say 1 day 24 hrs and thats a bit over the top for time spent at immigration. Then for 364 days I relax problem!!!!! None.

What a patronising goody goody. I bet at school you used to report your classmates to the teacher if they did something wrong. The OP asked a polite question, so don't be a pillock, give him a polite answer.

Hi, I too am getting confused if I should be registered with Thai Immigration. I have just moved to thailand and have a 1 year Non-Immigrant O visa with multiple entry, issued in the Uk. I know i need to leave thailand and re enter ever 90 days, which i naturally will do, and plan to get a marry visa or retirement visa some time next year.

I have rented a house on a 12 month contract, and asked with the farang landlord if he needed to register me with immigration, to which he said a fairly confident "No". However, I would like confirmation if this is correct. Jhan

Recently i had some friends visiting me for a few days. When i explain to them i had to register them within 24 hours at immigration, they told me that it looks like they are staying in north Korea. This says it all.

Have they been to North Korea lately......or ever ?

Talk about over the top comments....................coffee1.gif

What a patronising goody goody. I bet at school you used to report your classmates to the teacher if they did something wrong. The OP asked a polite question, so don't be a pillock, give him a polite answer.

"The OP asked a polite question, so don't be a pillock, give him a polite answer. "

He wasn't responding to the O/P (as the included quotes would indicate) but to the comments about feeling like a criminal and the SNAFU comment. It seemed like a reasonable and polite response, as opposed to your name-calling, just-one-of-the-boys nonsense.

Your reference to school and teachers suggests you haven't moved on to the adult world.

Edited by Suradit69

Hi, I too am getting confused if I should be registered with Thai Immigration. I have just moved to thailand and have a 1 year Non-Immigrant O visa with multiple entry, issued in the Uk. I know i need to leave thailand and re enter ever 90 days, which i naturally will do, and plan to get a marry visa or retirement visa some time next year.

I have rented a house on a 12 month contract, and asked with the farang landlord if he needed to register me with immigration, to which he said a fairly confident "No". However, I would like confirmation if this is correct. Jhan

The house owner or landlord must file the TH30 with Immigration within 24 hours of the arrival of a foreigner at their house.

If you plan to stay 90 days, you should file a TM 29 with Immigration.

Everybody that enters Thailand is put on their database with an address of residence.

You completed a TM6 when you entered with the address of your intended place of residence.

If you moved from that residence you should report your new address using form TM28.

The house master, owner, or possessor of the residence should report the presence of an alien taking residence and report using a TM30.

Read Chapter 4 of the Immigration Act. (1979) so nothing new.

Thai Immigration_Act_EN.pdf

I phoned the phuket immigration office they said i can't report by e-mail or postmail i have to go there but i'm not available...

The law states;

The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

If you are not available you can ask the tenant to submit it.

As the tenant he is also the possessor of the residence.

You can download the TM30 here: http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

As the (Thai) owner of the Condo they will also want copies of your ID and Tabian Baan.

As the (foreigner) owner of the Condo they will also want copies of your Passport and Title Deeds.

All copies should be signed by you with contact tele number.

In many cases a "farang " male is living with a Thai wife or girlfriend. If the rent is in her name she can be the "house master " and you fill it in for her and she signs it. In other words in simple English , she is the tennant and you are her visitor. Most landlords will not sign forms as they are afraid of being entered into the system

One the grounds of you not understanding anything I write I won't respond in kind trot off

It's not the guests problem ,it's for the homeowner

So The immigration department has the tm30: "Notification from House-master, Owner or the Possessor of the residence where Alien has stayed."

Then I'm curious why they also have a tm28: Form for Aliens to Notify their change of address or their stay in the province for over 24 hours".

Isn't this reporting the same thing? What confusion.

It's not the guests problem ,it's for the homeowner

So The immigration department has the tm30: "Notification from House-master, Owner or the Possessor of the residence where Alien has stayed."

Then I'm curious why they also have a tm28: Form for Aliens to Notify their change of address or their stay in the province for over 24 hours".

Isn't this reporting the same thing? What confusion.

The paper chase in the era of 4G...

Seems easier to cuff a GPS ankle bracelet onto every foreigner entering the country. You get online movement in real time...

Edited by trogers