After 13 November------single entry in Vientiane still possible?

I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for the same if not similar requirements in Vientiane for a single entry based on what a poster just posted on a different tread about applying for a SETV in Phenom Pen.

Not exactly correct. They wanted to see a ticket out at first and then said he needed to show financial proof if he did not have a ticket out. They did not tell him how much so he showed what he had in his accounts which was about 5000 euros.

PP wants to see $8000 US to get the METV.

• 2 weeks later...

As the original poster of this topic I let you know what I did..

I deceided, as I only need 60 days to not go to Vientiane and yesterday made a one day in/out trip by flying to Kuala Lumpur from Don Muang in the early morning and returning the same day in the evening to Don Muang.

It went very smoothly. The only question I got when returning at Don Muang was how long I wanted to stay...i answered 60 days and offered the officer to show him my return ticket to Europe for january 18th. He declined and stamped me in. I asked him how many times i could do this and he only said: " not too much"

As I will, for the near future, be 3 months in Holland and then again 4 months in Thailand followed by again 3 months out I think this will for me be a good alternative to a single entry tourist visa.

I really liked this trip when I compare it with going to Vientiane. I did it all in one day so saved myself two days (i had to leave the 22nd so the Sunday in Vientiane would be extra and of no use)

-I liked Kuala Lumpur much better...it is no Bangkok but compared to Vientiane it is very ok.-I bought the return ticket for 102 Euro and saved on Hotel-nights/ extra Laos-visa costs so after adding the coming 1.900 baht for 30 days more the next month i still think this is a cheaper and an easier way if you only need only 60 days.

Thanks again especially Ubonjoe for all the valuable information I got during the past few weeks

Edited by nuckyt77
  • Like 1