Bloodshed continues in occupied West Bank

webfact

Al-Qaeda leader calls for lone wolf attacks on West The Al-Qaeda leader hailed the past month's attacks by Palestinians against Israelis in Jerusalem and elsewhere in Israel and the West Bank

"The supporters of Israel must pay with their blood and their economy."

Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has called for lone wolf attacks against Western countries, in particular America, and praised recent Palestinian attacks against Israelis.

The Al-Qaeda leader hailed the past month's attacks by Palestinians against Israelis in Jerusalem and elsewhere in Israel and the West Bank.

Full story at Daily Telegraph 3 Nov 2015.

Special for Morch and all terrorist lovers.

And that is supposed to be a credible threat to Israel's existence?

You seem to be confused - my position is not that terrorism is not a threat or that its benign. Just that it is not severe enough to threat the existence of Israel. Guess I have a wee bit more confidence in the country's capability to withstand such things.

Who said anything about the recent attacks being a threat to Israel's existence on their own? They appear to me as a part of a much larger picture. Israel is being condemned for it's reaction to these attacks. My argument is that their reaction is perfectly justified. "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction". Now where did that come from?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an article which may be of interest.

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2015/11/arab-media-and-governments-signal-their.html

It would seem that the Arab Media outside Palestine are fed up and critical of the continual trouble making incited by Palestinian leaders. This is actually a far far bigger story than the usual 'bad Israel' stuff. It also seems support for the intifada is far greater in some of our esteemed members than the Arab states.

In a nutshell events more important to Arab nations has seen them quietly realign their stance to Israel, I see this trend accelerating.

The not-quite-Intifada failing to garner continuous and mass support was mentioned on previous topics. There was a peak, until leaders met and got some sort of deal on Temple Mount regulations. But in terms of timing, it is all wrong - the world in general, and the Arab world in particular got more pressing Middle East issues at the moment - ISIS, refugees Iran, and keeping a lid on domestic affairs in certain countries.

The Arab media is not exactly against the riots, as such. It simply doesn't give events the usual hype. Whether this reflects a public sentiment or instructions from above is a matter of interpretation.

The linked column is off with regard to the media coverage issue. The "dozen Arabic newspapers" are somewhat less numerous, double listings discounted, as well as a couple which are fairly new additions (a few months in existence). All basically all carry the same version, as often happens in online media these days. Wouldn't say the list quite represents the heavy weights in terms of Arab media. Al-Halabi represents a stream within Salafist movement, or perhaps even a splinter from that stream. This could be about the current situation in the West Bank, and/or part of the ongoing struggles between streams of Islamic thought.

I agree that whether public sentiment reflects recent developments is unknown and would probably be slow to change as well. Nevertheless it is undeniable that there are changes afoot in the Middle East outside of the Palestinian question. Here is admission of military training exercises involving Jordan and Israel.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/jordanian-combat-pilots-trained-with-israel-counterparts-in-us-this-summer/

Al-Qaeda leader calls for lone wolf attacks on West The Al-Qaeda leader hailed the past month's attacks by Palestinians against Israelis in Jerusalem and elsewhere in Israel and the West Bank

"The supporters of Israel must pay with their blood and their economy."

Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has called for lone wolf attacks against Western countries, in particular America, and praised recent Palestinian attacks against Israelis.

The Al-Qaeda leader hailed the past month's attacks by Palestinians against Israelis in Jerusalem and elsewhere in Israel and the West Bank.

Full story at Daily Telegraph 3 Nov 2015.

Special for Morch and all terrorist lovers.

And that is supposed to be a credible threat to Israel's existence?

You seem to be confused - my position is not that terrorism is not a threat or that its benign. Just that it is not severe enough to threat the existence of Israel. Guess I have a wee bit more confidence in the country's capability to withstand such things.

Who said anything about the recent attacks being a threat to Israel's existence on their own? They appear to me as a part of a much larger picture. Israel is being condemned for it's reaction to these attacks. My argument is that their reaction is perfectly justified. "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction". Now where did that come from?

I believe you did...?

arfurcrown, I would be interested to hear your definition of the word "terrorist". Yes, Israel responds brutally to Palestinian terrorism but it is fighting for it's very existence after being attacked previously by massed *******.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/866731-bloodshed-continues-in-occupied-west-bank/?p=10020833

Seeing every instance of violence as related to a greater threat to national security is hysterical. If one pays attention to what IDF and security services chiefs say rather than politicians, that is pretty much what one hears. The same goes for some of the responses taken to counter the current violence.

The issue is not so much Israel's ability to handle the current situation or manage the conflict - this been going on long enough to give a positive answer. The questions are what price such a policies extract and whether they are indeed the best answers for Israel's long term security.

Here is an article which may be of interest.

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2015/11/arab-media-and-governments-signal-their.html

It would seem that the Arab Media outside Palestine are fed up and critical of the continual trouble making incited by Palestinian leaders. This is actually a far far bigger story than the usual 'bad Israel' stuff. It also seems support for the intifada is far greater in some of our esteemed members than the Arab states.

In a nutshell events more important to Arab nations has seen them quietly realign their stance to Israel, I see this trend accelerating.

The not-quite-Intifada failing to garner continuous and mass support was mentioned on previous topics. There was a peak, until leaders met and got some sort of deal on Temple Mount regulations. But in terms of timing, it is all wrong - the world in general, and the Arab world in particular got more pressing Middle East issues at the moment - ISIS, refugees Iran, and keeping a lid on domestic affairs in certain countries.

The Arab media is not exactly against the riots, as such. It simply doesn't give events the usual hype. Whether this reflects a public sentiment or instructions from above is a matter of interpretation.

The linked column is off with regard to the media coverage issue. The "dozen Arabic newspapers" are somewhat less numerous, double listings discounted, as well as a couple which are fairly new additions (a few months in existence). All basically all carry the same version, as often happens in online media these days. Wouldn't say the list quite represents the heavy weights in terms of Arab media. Al-Halabi represents a stream within Salafist movement, or perhaps even a splinter from that stream. This could be about the current situation in the West Bank, and/or part of the ongoing struggles between streams of Islamic thought.

I agree that whether public sentiment reflects recent developments is unknown and would probably be slow to change as well. Nevertheless it is undeniable that there are changes afoot in the Middle East outside of the Palestinian question. Here is admission of military training exercises involving Jordan and Israel.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/jordanian-combat-pilots-trained-with-israel-counterparts-in-us-this-summer/

This is drifting off topic somewhat - but these bits of information are neither news nor really much of a secret. I would actually say it goes further than detailed, if not as far as some would like to imagine. The interesting part is that almost all of the so-called "revelations" with regard to such instances of cooperation (be it economic, technological, political or security related) are almost exclusively divulged by Israeli politicians. Doubt this is with accordance to the wishes of relevant Arab regimes or in line with understandings reached. It would be more of a "thing" if and when such cooperation will be openly discussed by Arab leaderships.

The only "solution " is for the Palestinian gene pool to be improved.

The removal of every rabid Islamist terrorist who is seeking "martyrdom" and a mythical collection of "virgins" is a step in the right direction.

This may take some time..........................

The removal of every rabid Islamist terrorist who is seeking "martyrdom" and a mythical collection of "virgins" is a step in the right direction.

Be careful. It's not a matter of genetics. But as the younger generation of "Palestinian" Arabs has already mostly been brainwashed with racist hatred of Jews, it is a matter of a major change in culture and education. So in that sense, you're spot on, lots and lots of time, even if starting now, which is NOT happening.

Be careful. It's not a matter of genetics. But as the younger generation of "Palestinian" Arabs has already mostly been brainwashed with racist hatred of Jews, it is a matter of a major change in culture and education. So in that sense, you're spot on, lots and lots of time, even if starting now, which is NOT happening.

Indeed. I'd be more worried about people who think that faith and ideology are genetic. Echoes of the past there.

No one needs to brainwash the Palestinian youths, or at least, not much effort needed to hate Israelis and Jews. Living under the occupation is all the motivation anyone would need. Hard to see things from a different angle when one's reality and immediate social group is constantly exposed to it. Talk about changing of attitudes is almost meaningless in the current atmosphere, and referencing only Palestinian youths misses the mark.

It is simply unrealistic to believe that all Israeli on Palestinian violence is justified and all Palestinian violence is terrorism. It may well be 90-10 but that number is still unreasonable. Until the numbers at least try to reflect reality, there can be no peace. The number simply is what it is but not real IMO.

What would you describe "Palestinian violence" as if not terrorism.
How do you catagorise firing rockets, suicide bombings and deliberate, murderous attacks on individual Israeli citizens.
Does Israel not have a duty to protect its citizens from terrorism ?

The Palestinian Defense Force.

Indeed. I'd be more worried about people who think that faith and ideology are genetic. Echoes of the past there.

No one needs to brainwash the Palestinian youths, or at least, not much effort needed to hate Israelis and Jews. Living under the occupation is all the motivation anyone would need. Hard to see things from a different angle when one's reality and immediate social group is constantly exposed to it. Talk about changing of attitudes is almost meaningless in the current atmosphere, and referencing only Palestinian youths misses the mark.

I suggest you read it again. I make no mention of the knife attacks but agree that Israel responds to brutally to terrorism. However, since you mention it I would definitely class the knife attacks on ordinary citizens as terrorism.