Physical Thai driving test

james.d

Hello all,

Apologies, I searched but could not find a recent post on the physical driving portion to obtain a Thai driving license. I passed the theory portion today and have my driving test next week. I know its within the DLT grounds but are emergency stops required, reversing round a corner and signs in Thai to be followed etc? (I didn't see any inclines there so I imagine the hill start isn't required) I will be renting a car from them so I guess they are older manual types which I have not driven manual for many many years

Could anyone let me know what to expect?

Thank you for any feedback,

Regards,

James.d

Location, location, location. If you don't tell us where then locals cannot tell you the exact layout of your nearest course. Yes there is a hill start, yes you have to reverse into a parking space, no there is no emergency stop.

When you passed your theory, you didn't think it necessary to walk over to the practical area to see what they were doing?facepalm.gif

Rent the car from the examiner. whistling.gif

Edited by VocalNeal

When you passed your theory, you didn't think it necessary to walk over to the practical area to see what they were doing?facepalm.gif

Not all DLTs seem to do it on a daily basis.

Its the same old joke. Follow the signs, use the indicators,

Stop on the hill and continue, park in a 7 (!) m booth with maximum 25 cm from the curb.

Drive backward.

Etc.

Thats about it biggrin.png

You could call it a "handling test", "traffic practice kindergarten for the adults".

Some impressions.

I don't want to litter the thread with the multitude of youtube videos about it.

Open this on youtube (not embedded) and poke around for related videos:

And whenever you drive on Thailand roads: think what school "tests" these drives have gone through blink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Many Thanks for the feedback, especially the link KhunBENQ, I passed the test today in BKK (Morchit) and got 5 years +. I had an old Thai license that had expired over 3 years, that is why they did not renew it on my UK license.

Thanks again

James.d