Nokia 5130 (spare phone) problem

evadgib

Hi All,

I have a Nokia 5130 that I use as a spare and for silent hours emergencies. In recent days it has failed to chime when switched on and no longer rings or beeps whenever a call or message comes in; Calls & volume are otherwise normal.

My assumptions therefore were:

a) I accidentally made it 'silent', presumably while using it without glasses, or

b ) The Kids have done something that they're not admitting to, or

c) It's been dropped & damaged (see b!)

I tried all the settings to no avail. I then dug out the manual (I still have the box!) but couldn't find anything there, and even did a 'factory reset' but still haven't been able to correct the problem.

Can any of you techies think of anything I may have missed?

The phone is otherwise serviceable and perfectly fit for the purpose in which it is used :)

Edited by evadgib

I do have the same phone, but never had this problem.

But - as all acoustic signals are coming from the external loudspeaker - may be this loudspeaker is broken.

If you go into personalizing your profile and editing the ringtone: when you choose another ringtone by tapping ONE time - can your hear the sound?

Doublecheck by activating the external loudspeaker when you are talking to another one - can you still hear the other side?

Good luck.

As long as my Nokia phones - yes, 2 +1 as sparepart and another C5 even with buttons thumbsup.gif - are still doing fine I prefer the handling compared to modern smartphone.

Thanks for your reply; a shop pretty much confirmed it's the speaker.

Leaving the phone on a hard surface or placing in a metal cup to amplify the vibrations should eliminate the problem :)

Edited by evadgib