Dogs, Religion and Culture

My friend has a dog and she can't change her house to get a new one because most houses will not accept a tenant with a dog. This is in Hat Yai. So many houses will not accept her to rent because she has a dog. Why? She said because of barking and disturbing neighbors. What do most of these women do with these small dogs? I keep seeing some funny things between them.

I believe Hat Yai is a muslim place,

Muslims hate dogs because something about being dirty animal.

I am guessing the reason for not being able to get a house is muslim owners

Good reasoning and I will find out from her. On the other hand I don't think all the houses that she has gone to are owned by Muslims. She has visited quite many and always can't rent it out to a dog owner.

I think you will find thats the reason and if not muslim owned, muslim owners.

There is a muslim soi in Pattaya, just opposite the mosque, they start to go nuts even if you walk down the soi with a dog

My friend has a dog and she can't change her house to get a new one because most houses will not accept a tenant with a dog. This is in Hat Yai. So many houses will not accept her to rent because she has a dog. Why? She said because of barking and disturbing neighbors. What do most of these women do with these small dogs? I keep seeing some funny things between them.

I believe Hat Yai is a muslim place,

Muslims hate dogs because something about being dirty animal.

I am guessing the reason for not being able to get a house is muslim owners

Good reasoning and I will find out from her. On the other hand I don't think all the houses that she has gone to are owned by Muslims. She has visited quite many and always can't rent it out to a dog owner.

I think you will find thats the reason and if not muslim owned, muslim owners.

There is a muslim soi in Pattaya, just opposite the mosque, they start to go nuts even if you walk down the soi with a dog

I think it is simpler than that. Why would a house owner rent to someone with a pet if they thought there was a chance it would "affect" the fabric of the house? Dogs especially are not exactly clean, pick up ticks etc and depending on training and temperament can cause a lot of damage. I would not want my house to be rented by a dog owner - and I have two large dogs!

Has nothing to do with religion or culture

Has everything to do with culture.
What part of which culture?

The part that disregards others' privacy and peace of mind regarding noise pollution, air pollution, in fact, pollution in general, and considers it everyone else's problem.

As for which culture, the above is readily found all over the world; certainly in Thailand, Philippines, and other countries, but also in the US, UK. Note that culture does not mean an entire country, but rather a segment of some population.

It's more tolerated in parts of Thailand than in the West, but the fact that the offenders in the OP, are 'English' means that that that culture exists in England too.

Who knew? Lol...

But before doing that, consider the possible consequences for these dogs if their owners have to get rid of them.

The question is why do they howl all night? Well cared for dogs will not do this unless there is an intruder or other reason to raise an alarm.

Our neighbors three large dogs howl because they are hungry. Penned into the 12' x 3' run between the back of the house and the wall. They never see the light of day as the house eaves parallel the wall, they never get exercise. They typically get fed maybe twice a day but sometimes they go a whole day without. That's when they get real rowdy.

This is why we have a soft spot for dogs

http://archive.archaeology.org/1009/dogs/search

Saying that I do hate a barking dog but I suppose they are doing there job

But lets not forget All dogs have potential to kill and no dog no matter how good u think it is should ever be left in a room with a young child

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by juice777

But lets not forget All dogs have potential to kill

It reminds me of an old joke:

Man walks into a pub and asks, "does anyone here own the rottweiler tied up outside?"

"Yes, I do. Why are you asking?"

"I'm terribly sorry. I'm afraid my chihuahua has killed him."

"How could your chihuahua kill my rottweiler?"

"He got stuck in his throat."

But before doing that, consider the possible consequences for these dogs if their owners have to get rid of them.

The question is why do they howl all night? Well cared for dogs will not do this unless there is an intruder or other reason to raise an alarm.

Some whining expats love to exaggerate things, the reality is far from it.

In my moobaan, when i first moved in there were robberies on daily basis.

Since my gang of 6 moved in, there has not been a single robbery or a break in.

On the opposite side, robberies are a nightly occurrence.

My dogs know all the people who live there and ONLY go nuts when someone who they do not know approaches the house or walks past.

This most certainly wakes up the neighbors, but then who would be wondering around in dead end street in close gated housing?

One neighbor decided to complain and was abused by all others, stating if it was not for my dogs, they would be robbed daily.

I always keep mine inside the house, but all neighbors insists i put them outside at night, as it really gives them peace of mind.

PS. I am certain dogs do not howl all night long, but might let out a few howls here the there.

Dogs didn't stop the many break-ins where I live. The thieves just poisoned the dogs.

I care for my dogs very well, yet they howl at night calling for a female in heat. They also group howl for some reason beyond my hearing capability, and then suddenly stop, all together, same instant, like flipping a light switch.

The only reason i can see them howling for a female is because they are not desexed and there is a female in heat nearby....

My thought exactly...and my definition of well cared for includes neutering. <snip>

I just checked with the two boy dogs, they disagree strongly with your human definition of "well cared for".

The Foo Foo salon grade poodle didn't have an opinion either way. Figures. He's already neutered! laugh.png

Some whining expats love to exaggerate things, the reality is far from it.

In my moobaan, when i first moved in there were robberies on daily basis.

Since my gang of 6 moved in, there has not been a single robbery or a break in.

On the opposite side, robberies are a nightly occurrence.

My dogs know all the people who live there and ONLY go nuts when someone who they do not know approaches the house or walks past.

This most certainly wakes up the neighbors, but then who would be wondering around in dead end street in close gated housing?

One neighbor decided to complain and was abused by all others, stating if it was not for my dogs, they would be robbed daily.

I always keep mine inside the house, but all neighbors insists i put them outside at night, as it really gives them peace of mind.

PS. I am certain dogs do not howl all night long, but might let out a few howls here the there.

Dogs didn't stop the many break-ins where I live. The thieves just poisoned the dogs.

Well mine are well and alivethumbsup.gif

Dogs howling and barking all night sterns from the natural and the supernatural. This is something that no one has thought of. Dogs are believed to have four eyes and they see things that we can't see with our two eyes. Has anyone noticed dogs howling when Monks are passing around? Why do they howl at Monks? Why do they howl at some moments at night? When dogs see some supernatural spirits of course they howl at them. Most of those spirits move at night. Whether a dog is trained to be as gentle as what, it will always howl or bark when it sees these spirits.

Dogs howling and barking all night sterns from the natural and the supernatural. This is something that no one has thought of. Dogs are believed to have four eyes and they see things that we can't see with our two eyes. Has anyone noticed dogs howling when Monks are passing around? Why do they howl at Monks? Why do they howl at some moments at night? When dogs see some supernatural spirits of course they howl at them. Most of those spirits move at night. Whether a dog is trained to be as gentle as what, it will always howl or bark when it sees these spirits.

facepalm.gif

My 6 year old pitbul, would not move her fat ass from the sofa to howl at anything day time, let alone night time.

Not sure where you got all these imaginative information from, If anything the myth is cats are the ones with super vision, most certainly not dogs.

They howl at monks because monks carry foodthumbsup.gif

facepalm.gif

My 6 year old pitbul, would not move her fat ass from the sofa to howl at anything day time, let alone night time.

Not sure where you got all these imaginative information from, If anything the myth is cats are the ones with super vision, most certainly not dogs.

I am not talking of natural vision here. I talked of the supernatural. Dogs howl and bark at ghosts. We as humans don't see ghosts you know.

facepalm.gif

I am not talking of natural vision here. I talked of the supernatural. Dogs howl and bark at ghosts. We as humans don't see ghosts you know.

If humans can't see supernatural spirits or ghosts, then how would YOU know they move around at night? How would anyone know?

Edited by 55Jay

facepalm.gif

Too much Scooby-Doo methinks.

facepalm.gif

Again, its not the dogs, the myth is its the cats.thumbsup.gif

Dogs do sense bad energy and bad people.

Many dogs can not even see at night, they trip over things.

facepalm.gif

Again, its not the dogs, the myth is its the cats.thumbsup.gif

Dogs do sense bad energy and bad people.

Many dogs can not even see at night, they trip over things.

Who do you refer to as bad people here? How do dogs know that some people are bad if they don't have some supernatural vision to see them? Again you are mixing up things. Natural vision is completely different from supernatural vision which lies beyond the reach of an ordinary being. Do you know that most animals have supernatural senses? Animals see some danger before we human beings come to see it. Like before an earthquake or a tsunami, some animals will run to higher grounds, etc. I keep talking of supernatural vision, that which lies above the ordinary eye that me and you have. If dogs bark at Monks because they carry food according to you, how many ordinary people carry food around that dogs see them and don't howl or bark? I think so so many.

Who do you refer to as bad people here? How do dogs know that some people are bad if they don't have some supernatural vision to see them? Again you are mixing up things. Natural vision is completely different from supernatural vision which lies beyond the reach of an ordinary being. Do you know that most animals have supernatural senses? Animals see some danger before we human beings come to see it. Like before an earthquake or a tsunami, some animals will run to higher grounds, etc. I keep talking of supernatural vision, that which lies above the ordinary eye that me and you have. If dogs bark at Monks because they carry food according to you, how many ordinary people carry food around that dogs see them and don't howl or bark? I think so so many.

Bad energy or bad intention is NOT seen by the eyethumbsup.gif

Sensing danger AGAIN is not with eyes but with other senses.

150% right konying,we have around 50 houses on our moo-ban and there is only 2people we dont talk to,and guess what,my beloved doesnt talk to them either.

and before LEKONG say's i am bonkers there will be members who will tell you YOUR BARKING UP THE WRONG FORUM.

150% right konying,we have around 50 houses on our moo-ban and there is only 2people we dont talk to,and guess what,my beloved doesnt talk to them either.

and before LEKONG say's i am bonkers there will be members who will tell you YOUR BARKING UP THE WRONG FORUM.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif