Savannakhet multiple-non-O requirements as per 11/2015 ?

Good day all,

does anybody have (very) recent experience what documents are required to obtain a multiple non-immi-O Visa ? Due to the many changes coming in November and who knows even more to follow, I would prefer to get such a Visa there if it is easy to obtain and not risk to get NO VIsa anymore in my home town's Thai consulat in Europe due to unpredictable rule changes.

I heard that there are no financial documents required in Savannakhet for a multiple-entry-O as long as you are 50+, is that true ?

I am NOT married to a Thai national, have no child with a Thai national, but, sadly (or maybe not sadly?) have reached age 50+

any input is very much appreciated

I CAN NOT EDIT THE HEADLINE, MAYBE MODS CAN ADD A "?" , AS THIS IS A QUESTION AND NOT A VISA-REPORT/STATEMENT, THANKS

• Like 1

You must be able to get a Non-imigrant O visa in any Thai embassy and maybe some Thai consulates . This allows you to enter Thailand. Within 90days, you will need to apply for an extension of stay at your local thai immigration office. this allows you to stay for 1 year more, and you will have to apply yearly for the yearly extension of stay.

If you want to leave Thailand and return, you will have to get a re-entry visa else your O-visa will become invalid; the entry visa (valid for 1 year) can be a single entry or multiple entry re-entry visa

.Forgotten what papres you need, ask the embassy or consulate

You cannot get a multiple entry non-o visa for being 50 or over in Savannakhet. They do not do them.

Going to hijack this thread as it has been answered.

What about for guys with a wife? Everything has stayed the same? Thx

The discussion is about being 50 or over. It still the same if married to a Thai.

So what is the criteria for Savannakhet to issue multi Non Imm O Visa's?

You must be married to a Thai.

In some cases it will be issued to a parent of Thai if the entire family appears at the consulate for the application to demonstrate they are living together as a family (de facto marriage).

In some cases it will be issued to a parent of Thai if the entire family appears at the consulate for the application to demonstrate they are living together as a family (de facto marriage).

Thank Joe, I asked that question for a specific reason.

Some time ago a certain member, not married, claimed to have applied for and received a multi entry Non Imm O from Savannakhet.

In fact that was quite true, I actually saw the Visa in his passport.

What that OP failed to tell everyone was that he dropped an extra 3,000 baht on the desk, so it was corruptly obtained.

Just in case anyone else says different.

Some time ago a certain member, not married, claimed to have applied for and received a multi entry Non Imm O from Savannakhet.

What that OP failed to tell everyone was that he dropped an extra 3,000 baht on the desk, so it was corruptly obtained.

WOW. By pointing that out that it is possible over there, it could mean that in the near future getting a Non-O because your Married (to a Thai) might not be possible to do anymore in Savannakhet.

So again the Good Guys suffer because of the bad guys (and FAZ i'm not saying your a Bad guy wai.gif but the Guy who obtained that Visa is.)

Edited by MJCM

WOW. By pointing that out that it is possible over there, it could mean that in the near future getting a Non-O because your Married (to a Thai) might not be possible to do anymore in Savannakhet.

So again the Good Guys suffer because of the bad guys (and FAZ i'm not saying your a Bad guy wai.gif but the Guy who obtained that Visa is.)

Well lets just say he contradicted some of the professional advisors on here and that can cause confusion to those seeking correct information.

He didn't tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I think he just got lucky that day and the staff member was open to temptation.

I certainly wouldn't advocate that anyone else tries it.

Edited by Faz

I think he just got lucky that day and the staff member was open to temptation.

I certainly wouldn't advocate that anyone else tries it.

For the sake of the good guys, I hope that is the case, but as with everything "Time will tell"

Reports of visa run buses being chock a block with desperate guys, all clutching an extra 3000 baht, heading for Savannakhet are as yet unconfirmed.

• Like 1

so basically this sounds as if there is actually no rule in place to get a non-O-multiple, and it is all a random play - different rules at different embassies / consulats ?

Easier to obtain in Europe maybe ?

Penang,Malaysia you should have no problem for non-o single for retirement, cannot confirm non-o multiple for retirement. I didn't see any reports about it, and I don't see any contact email or phone for them...maybe they removed it or i'm not looking on the right page. But getting one at your home country or a non-neighboring Thai consulate might be easier if you are familiar with that particular consulate's procedures and requirements.

You cannot get a multiple entry non-o visa for being 50 or over in Savannakhet. They do not do them.

Good day,

Does Savannakhet issue single non-O's for being over 50?

If so, is financial proof required for the visa?

If required, do I need to get an income affidavit from the U.S embassy or will other docs suffice for the visa? Going to the US Embassy in BKK is more of a hassle to me than traveling to Laos, and I am hoping to keep things as 'efficient' as possible... I do understand I will need the income affidavit when I do the 'extension of stay for retirement'

I have a permanent income of over 65,000 Bhat per month, (with evidence via letter from retirement association and monthly retirement check statements). Will this work?

If Savannakhet does not issue the single Non-O for over 50, I will then go to Vientiane. What will be the proof of income requirements there?

Thanks for the information!

Troy

Good day,

Does Savannakhet issue single non-O's for being over 50?

If so, is financial proof required for the visa?

If required, do I need to get an income affidavit from the U.S embassy or will other docs suffice for the visa? Going to the US Embassy in BKK is more of a hassle to me than traveling to Laos, and I am hoping to keep things as 'efficient' as possible... I do understand I will need the income affidavit when I do the 'extension of stay for retirement'

I have a permanent income of over 65,000 Bhat per month, (with evidence via letter from retirement association and monthly retirement check statements). Will this work?

If Savannakhet does not issue the single Non-O for over 50, I will then go to Vientiane. What will be the proof of income requirements there?

Thanks for the information!

Troy

Savannakhet makes it very difficult to get a single entry non-o for being 50 or over. They want a letter confirming you are are retired from the embassy plus financial proof.

Vientiane will do one without a problem but you will need the income affidavit from the embassy. You could get the affidavit and attach a copy of it to the visa application and show them the original. You could then use the original to apply for the extension.

Savannakhet makes it very difficult to get a single entry non-o for being 50 or over. They want a letter confirming you are are retired from the embassy plus financial proof.

Vientiane will do one without a problem but you will need the income affidavit from the embassy. You could get the affidavit and attach a copy of it to the visa application and show them the original. You could then use the original to apply for the extension.

Thanks for the info.

Savannakhet is much closer to where I live, so I am hoping to use them where possible. (150km vs 250km).

I will have to give them a call, but do you think that my official 'Benefit Letter' from my retirement association (government pension office), copies of monthly bank deposits along with monthly retirement check statements would suffice as 'Financial Proof'? I have a rock solid retirement for many years now (Retired Professional Firefighter from California), so providing the paperwork will be quite easy.

Thanks again

Thanks for the info.

Savannakhet is much closer to where I live, so I am hoping to use them where possible. (150km vs 250km).

I will have to give them a call, but do you think that my official 'Benefit Letter' from my retirement association (government pension office), copies of monthly bank deposits along with monthly retirement check statements would suffice as 'Financial Proof'? I have a rock solid retirement for many years now (Retired Professional Firefighter from California), so providing the paperwork will be quite easy.

Thanks again

You could try but many have been denied.

From Google translate of their requirements in Thai here: http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate-service/inspect/

"A letter of retirement from the Embassy of nationality.

- Certificate of Financial Status"