Phuket Vice Governor's virgin beach dream

rooster59

Vice Governor's virgin beach dream

post-247607-0-44699500-1446336769_thumb.

PHUKET: Although the fate of Phuket's beach management system remains undecided, Vice Governor Chokdee Amornwat has revealed that he wants the plan to include 'virgin beaches'.

"There will be some beaches that will not have a 10 per cent zone, which means there will be nothing there – no umbrellas, no businesses, nothing. All 100 per cent natural,” V/Gov Chokdee told the Phuket Gazette.

“We have yet to decide how many virgin beaches there will be. Each local government is currently working on it.”

Read more...http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-Vice-Governors-virgin-beach-dream/62255?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-11-01

Will this also include no visitors ?

Do they have any idea of what visitors want who visit Phuket? Don't they realize the eco- conscience type are not going to come anywhere near it? Phuket cannot compete in the eco tourism section, it's too polluted.

"Virgin beaches"? There's the Similians, Krabi, and the entire region south of Phuket for that. Phuket attracts the party crowd who want bargain shopping, hookers, barfy tattoos and a shaded lounger with cool drinks and a massage available to nurse the hangover.

Or the luxury types who want 5 star facilities. A towel under a tree ( if the jet ski gang aren't claiming that shade ) with local dogs peeing on your belongings and ants defending their territory is not luxury.

The Chinese do not hang at beaches other than for wedding photos, which are banned, but also want bargain shopping galore and latex shops ( just what do they buy there ? )

Different beaches need different facilities and the REAL problem is local adherence to rules and regulations. Making more regulations will not solve anything but will send tourists who want fun on the beach elsewhere.

Will this also include no visitors ?

Do they have any idea of what visitors want who visit Phuket? Don't they realize the eco- conscience type are not going to come anywhere near it? Phuket cannot compete in the eco tourism section, it's too polluted.

"Virgin beaches"? There's the Similians, Krabi, and the entire region south of Phuket for that. Phuket attracts the party crowd who want bargain shopping, hookers, barfy tattoos and a shaded lounger with cool drinks and a massage available to nurse the hangover.

Or the luxury types who want 5 star facilities. A towel under a tree ( if the jet ski gang aren't claiming that shade ) with local dogs peeing on your belongings and ants defending their territory is not luxury.

The Chinese do not hang at beaches other than for wedding photos, which are banned, but also want bargain shopping galore and latex shops ( just what do they buy there ? )

Different beaches need different facilities and the REAL problem is local adherence to rules and regulations. Making more regulations will not solve anything but will send tourists who want fun on the beach elsewhere.

Spot on. There's room for different types of beaches in Phuket. Allow jetskis/parasailing at one or two beaches only, in strictly limited zones (preferably miles away from wherever I go), allow one beach with clubs and music, keep some pristine, though don't ban people from bringing their own chairs and umbrellas, allow a limited number of beds and umbrellas (one row at the back of the beach) at others.

Of course, this doesn't comply with the law but neither do the beaches frequented by Thais, such as Bangsaen, Hua Hin, ChaAm etc.

I know many disagree with this view but wouldn't this be the best way of attracting tourists of all types to Phuket's beaches?

It would be great to have virgin beaches as they were (almost) when I got here 25 years ago. But in reality, they will need to have mechanized beach cleaning machines to keep it that way. They only cost 50 KUSD for the best ones.

It would be great to have virgin beaches as they were (almost) when I got here 25 years ago. But in reality, they will need to have mechanized beach cleaning machines to keep it that way. They only cost 50 KUSD for the best ones.

Patong municipality has one of these machines 15 years ago. I spotted it in the trash trucks garage next to the sewage plant. Never ever saw it working on the beach ... says it all gigglem.gif

Edited by LivinginKata

Ok I have heard of dog beaches etc but this virgin beaches? Where the hell are they going to import the virgins from? Certainly will not be home grown talent. whistling.gif I guess the photo at the top is one of the Pattaya/ Phuket virgin beaches.

Edited by callaway