Chinese people walking in the middle of the street!

galilee

Maybe not the right place for this thread, as it s not related to Krabi only but, what s wrong with tourists from China who walk, without any concerns, in the middle of street???

They, naturally, seem to avoid the walkway(that is wide and safe in Aonang) to walk, day or night, traffic or not, among the cars and motorbikes.

Friends and I were wondering why? Culture thing, i read the walkways in China are lively and full of activities, like most of them in Asia but i dont figure out the reason they can endanger themselves and the motorists(by the way). Any ideas?

A lot of things came to my mind too but, just i d just wanted to know if there was any reason behind? walkways in China more dangerous than the road? if yes why! Suicidal tendancies?... I ve never been there (continental China) i often go to Hong Kong wich is another world.

Even the bus drivers open the doors and allow them to pile out into a busy street, it is pretty crazy.

Just be glad they haven't taken to scooters yet. Here in Phuket half a dozen of them will stop in the middle of the busiest of intersections and start looking at their smartphone gps. I don't know if they understood but as I rode by I shouted, "don't stop here!".

They do the same around Chiang Mai. Also cycle down the main roads on the wrong side. They don't seem to have engaged brain before leaving China.

Mind you, the foot paths are so b....y awful, and motor bikes parked all over them. Far more hazardous than umbrellas on southern beaches.!

I lived in China for many years so from my deductions:

It's habit!

Many of the main roads in Chinese cities are 6-8 lanes with no central reservations and few underpasses or bridges for pedestrians to cross, so the only way to cross the road is to dodge between the traffic coming in both directions. On top of that there are bus only lanes (filled with thousands of e-bikes going in different directions) and they drive on the right. Combine all of that with no sense of direction and an iPhone glued into the right hand and there you have the answer.

I lived in China for many years so from my deductions:

It's habit!

Many of the main roads in Chinese cities are 6-8 lanes with no central reservations and few underpasses or bridges for pedestrians to cross, so the only way to cross the road is to dodge between the traffic coming in both directions. On top of that there are bus only lanes (filled with thousands of e-bikes going in different directions) and they drive on the right. Combine all of that with no sense of direction and an iPhone glued into the right hand and there you have the answer.

Those double yellow lines must be some sort of route marker!

There are from a different planet and rules are different

I took a friend to Swampy yesterday to fly back home we saw a fat Chinese guy with his shirt pulled up so as to see his nipples , guess ws too hot for him. Really have no mannners.

I see just as many Farang crossing the street oblivious to traffic as if they were in

Europe or North America where once they step onto the road way they have the

right of way. whistling.gif

To be fair, tourists seem to do this everywhere, not just the tiddly's in Thailand. I also wonder at the Germans and Russians I see wondering around 7-11 or Tesco with just their swim trunks, would they do that at home?

I am guessing that in China it is a very serious crime if a motorist knocks down and seriously injures a pedestrian. So, they must think they are not in danger.

Here, the police wouldn't be too bothered (until the Chinese consul turned up).

Like this?

article-2391533-1B4682C4000005DC-898_634

Tough one, who do I hate more, the red SUV driver who somehow wound up parked facing the wrong direction, the Masi driver on the double yellow, or the double yellow walking down the center of the road.

I took a friend to Swampy yesterday to fly back home we saw a fat Chinese guy with his shirt pulled up so as to see his nipples , guess ws too hot for him. Really have no mannners.

A guy walking around with his shirt pulled up upsets you Tony....when I lived in Pattaya I saw a lot of farangs walking around with no shirts on, Anyway did he look as bad as this quality tourist Tony, just imagine the comments if this guy had been Chinese...................................... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867527-anybody-want-to-own-up-to-this-piece-of-farang-charm-on-29th-october/

Like this?

article-2391533-1B4682C4000005DC-898_634

Tough one, who do I hate more, the red SUV driver who somehow wound up parked facing the wrong direction, the Masi driver on the double yellow, or the double yellow walking down the center of the road.

That Masi driver was actually driven by a student, she claim she couldn't find any parking spots so she parked there, she was fined by the police. This was from couple years ago.

That red SUV had to drive the wrong way to park in that spot.

As for the guy walking in the middle of the street, the sidewalks must have been full too.

A guy walking around with his shirt pulled up upsets you Tony....when I lived in Pattaya I saw a lot of farangs walking around with no shirts on, Anyway did he look as bad as this quality tourist Tony, just imagine the comments if this guy had been Chinese...................................... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867527-anybody-want-to-own-up-to-this-piece-of-farang-charm-on-29th-october/

This is a Thai habit also, just yesterday was walking and a Thai taxi van driver got out and pulled his shirt up to the chest. Also, used to work with a guy who had a pretty enormous belly, and in the office where there was airconditioning he would pull up his shirt and show everybody the belly.