Tot Internet Speedtouch 536

buckeye

HI

I am not good at computers, this ones for the kid. She using Bittorent to download, I no speed in Thailand very slow but on the download page lower right corner " online maybe firewalled " Now we have a Speedtouch 536 but in looking at the internet manual you go to the tool box and click on firewall to disable but in our tool box no firewall drop down menu??

Any good ideas

well, if you don't know about computers, you shouldn't be using bittorrent..you are likely to download something nasty and lock up your computer, or your computer will become a "bot", if it hasn't already. Or you could just disable the firewall and see what happens...mwaahaahaa...I don't know what the Speedtouch 536 is, your router?

Yes that is the router, by the way one of the reasons that most people read and don't ask questions is to get answers like yours. Am I to get down on my knees to your great god given answer or do you just like to flame people. If you don't want to help don't answer!

HI

I am not good at computers, this ones for the kid. She using Bittorent to download, I no speed in Thailand very slow but on the download page lower right corner " online maybe firewalled " Now we have a Speedtouch 536 but in looking at the internet manual you go to the tool box and click on firewall to disable but in our tool box no firewall drop down menu??

Any good ideas

Sorry, but joka does have a very good point. Using something like Bittorrent and then disable the firewall is like inviting a robber into your house!

If you are on WIN XP you should install a bi-directional firewall like Zone-Alarm since the WIN-XP firewall only controls incoming but not outgoing traffic!!!!!!

Do not let your kid use Bittorrent!!!!

I also stopped my 12yo son when he started on it. Kids do not yet know how to distinguish between good and bad traffic!

Be careful, as joka mentioned, your PC could already be a "bot".

opalhort

Yes that is the router, by the way one of the reasons that most people read and don't ask questions is to get answers like yours. Am I to get down on my knees to your great god given answer or do you just like to flame people. If you don't want to help don't answer!

I find it much more amusing when posters like you ask naive questions, get accurate answers in reply, and then attack the person who tried to help them because they don't like the answer they got.

Instead of parading your arrogance for everyone to laugh at, maybe it would be better for you just to go back to reading. Thowing bricks at people whose only offense was to try and answer a dumb question in a helpful way isn't much of a contribution to the board.

Interesting juxtaposition of grammar usage between posts there Buckeye. A little more help from me....do you have an antivirus running? Do you have Windows Defender or any other anti-adware programs running? Is Windows firewall enabled?

As far as bittorrent...do you have any seeds or leechers on the file you are trying to download?