Passport

I have just been to immigration and whilst i was there the immigration officer noticed that may arrival stamp was not very clear regarding the year ( 2015) so he wrote it in pen so it would be seen .I was not happy with this but he said no problem as now the date can be seen is this standard practice?

All you need to do is note the alteration if it is any concern to you,, time date location officers name and stamp number of the officer that made the alteration and put that stapled on the page in question or better in the back with reference to the location.

It is likely to be torn out if it is on the active pages or entry stamps and to attract more screening everywhere, so if you must low key in the back, signed dated.

Unless it is easy to spot on a light table or under UV and lets be honest, how often have you had a stamp inspected like that anywhere, don't worry about it. Even if it stands out and isn't signed.

It is not material alteration, just make sure you are exit stamp has clear date.

Edited by jcisco

i suggest you google don't post unless you have something constructive to say

I suggest you read the story again (if you bothered the first time). There are similarities to your case. I think you will find my post is in the "something constructive" category.

• Like 1