In praise of divorced men

Fabricus

JAFO

So honestly I have no sympathy for the men that get caught and get cleaned out. Bad decision made by the head with no common sense. What they should really be saying is "Look at how much it cost me to shag my new GF....." biggrin.png

what would your thoughts be if it was the wife that had the affair and that it was still the husband that got cleaned out?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JAFO

So honestly I have no sympathy for the men that get caught and get cleaned out. Bad decision made by the head with no common sense. What they should really be saying is "Look at how much it cost me to shag my new GF....." biggrin.png

what would your thoughts be if it was the wife that had the affair and that it was still the husband that got cleaned out?

Well. I'd say they should have gotten a better attorney....LOL!

Interesting post, but you've ignored the fact that women cheat just as often as men.

Are you certain that's a fact?

I would say in the UK women cheat more than men.

Personal experience ..... I was faithful for 30 years, she wasn't.

Not to mention ..... 3 of my mates wives offered it up .... each time I refused.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Interesting post, but you've ignored the fact that women cheat just as often as men.

So you're basing that statement on a sample size of 2 people?

Sample of 4 unfaithful wives, 1 unfaithful to me, 3 wanting to be unfaithful with me.

But to be fair, I am unusually hansum and irresistible, I don't expect they offered themselves to any other men.

Sample of 4 unfaithful wives, 1 unfaithful to me, 3 wanting to be unfaithful with me.

But to be fair, I am unusually hansum and irresistible, I don't expect they offered themselves to any other men.

I'd say it was jolly decent of you to leave the country before you ruined anyone else's marriage.

Guess it is difficult to trust any statistics on whether men or women have more affairs. In a factual survey on divorces in the UK in 2011 the same percentage of men and women applied for divorce on the grounds of adultery by their partner. This indicates, but does not prove, that 50 / 50 could be about right. Some divorce applicants may have chosen the 'amicable after 2 years separation' or other 'unreasonable behaviour' options even if an affair was involved.

I'm 37 now, was married briefly between the ages of 31-34. It was a bit of an impulsive decision and I knew deep down from the start it would end in tears but I ignored my instincts.

It was a miserable couple of years but it wasn't until the pain of the messy break up subsided that I realised how much weight had been lifted from me.

We both agreed to split, there was no legal/money issues, but we hated each other.

I will admit it has left me, not bitter, but wary and I have certainly learned a lot about myself, and what I should consider important if I find another partner.

Happily single at the moment and not pro-actively searching, but if the right one comes along so be it.

I certainly feel like I will make better choices in the future.

I agree that most negative experiences in life that you overcome, divorce / addictions / serious accidents will make you wiser whatever your gender.

JHolmesJr said

'Divorced men seem to be the ones who haven't a clue of holding a relationship together….well thats how it appears at least.'

I have been divorced twice and i think that judgement could correctly have been applied for me on both occasions (was a slow learner) In hindsight i should have been less nice, less reasonable and less compromising!

I'd go with married/divorced, having kids and losing your parents. You're pretty much qualified in life then. And apparently, you can be quite interesting too. :)

It's nice to know your self-confidence hasn't suffered from these experiences.

Is SB for real? 30% of kids born in marriage are not even the biological father's kid.

You might like to reread your post.

lt doesn't make sense.

lf he is their biological father, then he is their father.

Did you mean to say that 30% of the children are not their mother's marriage partner's children?

One can't generalise in these situations. My first marriage lasted 20 years, but a cheating wife (more than once) brought that one to an end. So I told my second wife cheat and you are out of the door. So maybe I only learned that once a cheater always a cheater but maybe didn't like the memo that said you must never trust another person again. Without trust you can't have any meaningful relationships and without that live is a very empty place.

One can't generalise in these situations. My first marriage lasted 20 years, but a cheating wife (more than once) brought that one to an end. So I told my second wife cheat and you are out of the door. So maybe I only learned that once a cheater always a cheater but maybe didn't like the memo that said you must never trust another person again. Without trust you can't have any meaningful relationships and without that live is a very empty place.

Answer 1: Cheat back.

Answer 2: Who needs trust, I think it's overrated.

You need to be slightly more flexible in your morality and expectations to survive in the modern day.

Things change, embrace those changes and move on. There is just no point in trying to live in the past.

Never married and no kids, so I must be uninteresting and stupid according to the OP.

That said I have had many wonderful relationships and have mostly remained on very

good term with ex partners. Even had a few referral relationships. Oh well even at 56

I am not looking for Miss Right, but occasionally Miss Right Now. tongue.png

I assume that you are saying this because you have been through a divorce and now you feel wiser? Is that a fair assessment? There is something to be said about learning from your mistakes, but in this instance I think people who get married and stay married are just as wise. In fact arguably wiser and better equipped to deal with and understand the ups and downs of a relationship.

I think it is sad when people break up but I also think people bail out all too easy nowadays, as soon as things get tough (and they always do from time to time) they apply pressure to each other and let it all fall apart. I think the older generation (I am not there yet, I am referring to my grandparents) where made with stronger stuff and when things got difficult they knuckled down together and dealt with it.

Both my grandparents stayed together and were happy up until the day they died.

I think the older generation (I am not there yet, I am referring to my grandparents) where made with stronger stuff and when things got difficult they knuckled down together and dealt with it.

Both my grandparents stayed together and were happy up until the day they died.

Your granny didn't have the option of a modern woman.

Divorce then would have left her homeless and penniless.

Divorce now would have left him homeless and penniless.