Usa Notary Public In Pattaya

eljeque

I need a notary in Pattaya. The last one left with a USA license no longer works in coordination with the lawyer's office next to Tuk.Com.

Any ideas?

Thanks

There is one opposite of city hall.I met him ones in the taxrevenue office in chonburi.I forgot the name of the office but i can tell you there are 2 lawyer offices in the shophouses between moonriver pub and lotus and it's one off them.If I remember or find his business card again I will pm you.

I need a notary in Pattaya. The last one left with a USA license no longer works in coordination with the lawyer's office next to Tuk.Com.

Any ideas?

Do you need a US notary or Thai notary?

When I was involved with an "identy theft" on my ATM card, my US credit union advised they needed a notarized statement from me. I went to a Thai notary, Khun Thanes Tavipamornkulwong on Pattaya Tai. It seemed a bit expensive, B3000, but it (Thai notary) was accepted by my US credit union.

My understanding at the time was that for a true U.S. notary public, you had to go to the US Embassy in Bangkok.

Any ideas?

Do you need a US notary or Thai notary?

When I was involved with an "identy theft" on my ATM card, my US credit union advised they needed a notarized statement from me. I went to a Thai notary, Khun Thanes Tavipamornkulwong on Pattaya Tai. It seemed a bit expensive, B3000, but it (Thai notary) was accepted by my US credit union.

My understanding at the time was that for a true U.S. notary public, you had to go to the US Embassy in Bangkok.

AFAIK the only authorized people to do this overseas are in the US Embassy , last time I had it done it was around 1000 baht per seal.

Rip Off , normally pay around $5. in USA for it

I used this gentleman for a notarized document to the US last Dec, which was accepted with no problems.

THANAKOR RAJRONGMUANG, Attorney at Law/Notary

284/69 Moo5 Soi Naklua12. Pattaya-Naklua Rd.

Naklua, Banglamung

Pattaya 20150 Chonburi

Tel: 038225427

Mob: 016465907

E-Mail: [email protected]

His fee quote on the phone was 1000B, but when we went there my wife did all the talking and was charged only 500B.

Greg

Just to afirm that a U.S. notary is only good inside the United States or it's teritories. Outside the U.S. you have to have it done at the Embassy. In Thailand at the U.S. Embassy it runs 1200 baht or $30.00 if you pay in U.S. Dollars.for the first document and a reduced rate, for each additional document.

Barry

Just to afirm that a U.S. notary is only good inside the United States or it's teritories. Outside the U.S. you have to have it done at the Embassy. In Thailand at the U.S. Embassy it runs 1200 baht or $30.00 if you pay in U.S. Dollars.for the first document and a reduced rate, for each additional document.

Barry

Absolutely correct.

Don't fall for some guy with a rubber stamp who claims to be a US notary. The embassy is the only game in town and, yes, they charge a lot. Mostly, I have always suspected, to discourage people from asking for the service unless they really must.

The U.S. Embassy is the best option if you need a notary.

To the best of my knowledge most Thai lawyer will notarize or put some sort of stamp on your documents. This may or may not be sufficient for U.S. purposes.

It is possible to have a U.S. law firm go to a Court in the U.S. and ask the Court to issue a Commission to a party outside for the U.S., whereby such person would be entitled to issue an oath acceptable to the Court that issued the Commission. This is an expensive proposition, and is generally used only for the purpose of U.S. litigation.

For US documents which need to be notarized to satisfy someone else's legalities and not to protect my legal rights I usually have my Thai bank manager afix their very official looking stamp and sign and date the document. This is free and has been accepted by insurance companies and for state and federal US documents. In fact, I have done it at least ten times and it has never been rejected.

• 5 years later...

Time to update this 6 year old thread:

Has anybody had any recent dealings with a Pattaya (Thai) Notary? I have an original Thai birth certificate that has been translated but needs a Notary seal/stamp for authenticity. I've found a few via Google so I'm just wondering if there are any recommended.

Thanks!

Almost every Thai lawyer can be a notary if they have the stamps. Most places in Canada or the USA do not need a USA lawyer to notarize.

I have used different ones over the years depending where i am at the time.

• Like 1

Time to update this 6 year old thread:

Has anybody had any recent dealings with a Pattaya (Thai) Notary? I have an original Thai birth certificate that has been translated but needs a Notary seal/stamp for authenticity. I've found a few via Google so I'm just wondering if there are any recommended.

Thanks!

Magna carta south pattaya road

If you require a US notary, you will find one only at the US Embassy. Some US Military commanders can perform notarial services but they normally won't unless they know you.

Those are your options for getting a US notary in Thailand.

If you require a US notary, you will find one only at the US Embassy. Some US Military commanders can perform notarial services but they normally won't unless they know you.

All I need is something stamped, not for USA purposes. I'd go to the noodle soup cart on the corner if they had the stamp/seal thing, not picky just don't want to get overcharged. Fight the Power!

Edited by jehricaholic

All I need is something stamped, not for USA purposes. I'd go to the noodle soup cart on the corner if they had the stamp/seal thing, not picky just don't want to get overcharged. Fight the Power!

Then like I say mate just go into any Thai Solicitor and tell then you need something notarized. Should be around 1000 baht

Then like I say mate just go into any Thai Solicitor and tell then you need something notarized. Should be around 1000 baht

Back in the 70's, international travel required that a person have a yellow shot record book showing that all required inoculations were up to date. Being in Tehran and not being crazy about doctors, we used Chivas Regal bottle caps for the stamp. They are embossed and look rather impressive since they will post the mirror image and it will be difficult to make out, particularly if you smudge it just a bit.

Only got caught once, at Heathrow, and the Passport agent just said..."get out of here" and waved me through.

• Like 1

300thb per page is the going rate for translation with stamp from a law office. I posted the biz card of the place i use in a diff thread. On soi kow noi.

post-32036-133023215691_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jayman

300thb per page is the going rate for translation with stamp from a law office. I posted the biz card of the place i use in a diff thread. On soi kow noi.

A translation stamp and a Notary stamp are 2 different things. 300 Baht will only get you the translation/stamp I'm certain

Are you sure he is a licensed Notary and has the certificate on his wall?

Not trying to be sarcastic but a lawyer who uses @yahoo.com just doesn't seem right. Not saying bad or anything but for 300b translated and notarized I find it hard to believe. 300b for translation is the correct going rate but do you have any idea what these lawyers pay to keep their notary license up to date every year? Plus they get re-examined as well every 6 months.

I have used the service 2x to get documents officially translated (which must have the stamp). Once to get my passport translated to get my yellow book from Nongprue city office and another to have my kids thai birth cert officially translated for the Consular report of Birth at the US Embassy. Both require an official stamp on the translated docs to affirm they are true translations of the originals. I guarantee you that any old shop that does the translations that doesn't have the stamp won't work for official purposes. A notary on the other hand is doing NO translation and just affirming that it is your signature on the paper being notarized. This much also come with an official stamp. I posted the details feel free to call for yourself and ask what they charge for the different services they offer.

Edited by Jayman