Many Thai sex workers say they are happy in their jobs

webfact

Many Thai sex workers say they are happy in their jobs
by Murray Hunter

This article is based on conversations with more than 20 active and former Thai sex workers held over a 6-month period…

BANGKOK: -- WHEN the issue of sex workers in Thailand is brought up, any discussion is usually characterized with words of ‘exploitation’, ‘coercion’, and ‘human trafficking’.

However, if one visits some of the many bars, karaoke joints, and massage parlours around Phuket, Bangkok, and Pattaya, and listen to the many stories from the sex workers themselves, it is not necessarily the case.

For many, sex work has been an almost lifelong adventure of moving around and trying different things, to eventually finding a place to work that best suits their needs.

The more adventurous, who have been able to pick up a smattering of foreign languages, tend to ‘settle’ in the areas where foreign clients predominate over locals.

Those who have travelled through the tourist areas of Thailand and spoken to sex workers will find that most of the stories they hear have common themes and elements to them.

Full story: http://asiancorrespondent.com/2015/11/many-thai-sex-workers-say-they-are-happy-in-their-jobs/

-- ASIAN CORRESPONDENT 2015-11-03

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found that out many years ago when I owned a large factory in central BKK and occasionally offered the

lasses I have befriended at the usual places a proper job with good salary and benefits and a chance to

learn a craft, I was turned down every time and was told that they're not interested in the meager salary

I have offered while they were making 10 time the amount laying on their back, sleeping all day and dancing

at night with their buddies... come to show you that the adage that say you can take the bar girl from the

bar but you can't take the bar out of the bar girl....

Some of these girls will have 3 or 4 farangs on the go, who fly back to Europe or wherever but who continue to send the girl anywhere between about 10k-40k per month.

I bet some of these girls make 100k per month.

No wonder they are happy.

Don't forget it is the money these girls bring in that is pretty much bank rolling most of Isaan.

Some of these girls will have 3 or 4 farangs on the go, who fly back to Europe or wherever but who continue to send the girl anywhere between about 10k-40k per month.

Don't forget it is the money these girls bring in that is pretty much bank rolling most of Isaan.

40K thats more than someone with a university degree would earn.

40K thats more than someone with a university degree would earn.
Yeah. But remember the most productive time of the career is from 18 to 30y of age, after which you'll be phased out. So getting a permanent sponsor as a husband is the natural career progression and it brings it's own perils. Grinding it out in a boring office job is a bit safer in the long run.

The losers who don't have sex unless they buy it love this kind of crap. It lets them off the hook of being involved in destroying the soul of another human for the exchange of cash. Of course, to save face, some bargirls are going to say they like laying down with drunk obnoxious foreigners. In reality they're laughing at all the fools and praying that karma awards them the next time around for having to do this to support their families.

I once overheard a rather cute gal in a Pattaya bar say "C'mon! We just go have sex! Just for fun!"

Bless her heart. I kinda 'knew' her, and I can say for sure, nobody was forcing her to do anything she didn't want to do.

That's just one example, but I like the way she said it.

"C'mon! We just go have sex! Just for fun!"

What job can you have that pays well and sucks at the same time, where you can pick your hours stay in nice hotels sometimes travel at others expense, and all you do is spread your legs and moan and say your the best baby. But on the other hand chances of STD high no retirement plan or health benefits And at some point you lose the looks then no work.

The losers who don't have sex unless they buy it love this kind of crap. It lets them off the hook of being involved in destroying the soul of another human for the exchange of cash.

If you aren't in her first 100 customers, I doubt you would be responsible for any damage.

PS

I'm 60+, how would you suggest I have sex without paying for it?

Many Thai sex workers tell me I'm a handsome man, too.

What does your wife say?

She agrees with them, obviously.

Anyway, those who claim it's an easy job should give it a go for a week and see what they think then...

I would be happy to give it a try, but suspect I would get no customers.

Already tried working in the Paddy fields, can't imagine it would be worse.

Already tried working on a factory production line, never again.

Tried the tobacco farm (see photo), after 30 minutes, gave up, too hard.

post-233622-0-36528300-1446532621_thumb.

Probably not an easy job, just preferable to the alternatives, three of which I named.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Short term thinking. These girls only make real money when they are young and beautiful. After a few years and hundreds or thousands of men they are worn and left standing in beer bars yelling " hello sexy man " . Get a real job, make little money at first but gain experience, get benefits and retire or open your own business in the future. You also keep your self respect and are not the talk of the village. There is no easy way to riches !

What does your wife say?

Anyway, those who claim it's an easy job should give it a go for a week and see what they think then...

How would you know, as you always claim you never have visited this kind of places.

What does your wife say?

How would you know, as you always claim you never have visited this kind of places.

How would I know what?

Get a real job, make little money at first but gain experience, get benefits and retire or open your own business in the future.

Not sure this is realistic advice for a Thai village girl.

No schools, no money for schools after age 13, even if there were one.

Thai government doesn't pay benefits, nor does any other employer without a degree level education.

Not many 'real jobs' in a Thai village, those I have tried,

Experience in the rice field, tobacco farm and factory production line doesn't give you much option for opening your own business.

What does your wife say?

How would I know what?

From your previous comment it is clear that you don't consider it an easy job, since you challenge all those who claim it to be an easy job to take it up.

What does your wife say?

How would I know what?

From your previous comment it is clear that you don't consider it an easy job, since you challenge all those who claim it to be an easy job to take it up.

And how would having been a punter give me any deeper insight into what it's like to do the job?

I don't know what it's like. Neither do you. However, it doesn't take much imagination to guess that servicing the sexual rejects of the west on a nightly basis isn't much fun.

What does your wife say?

How would I know what?

And how would having been a punter give me any deeper insight into what it's like to do the job?

I don't know what it's like. Neither do you. However, it doesn't take much imagination to guess that servicing the sexual rejects of the west on a nightly basis isn't much fun.

Talking about yourself again.

What does your wife say?

How would I know what?

Talking about yourself again.

Nope. I haven't been rejected by western women. That's why I don't need to pay for it.