Many Thai sex workers say they are happy in their jobs

webfact

Well, it just isn't true. Park people in an environment where they have enough incentive and determination and opportunity to learn a second language, and they all will to a better or worse degree.

Hardly any old, white guys appear to have that incentive.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it just isn't true. Park people in an environment where they have enough incentive and determination and opportunity to learn a second language, and they all will to a better or worse degree.

Hardly any old, white guys appear to have that incentive.

Absolutely.

Learning a language is like learning 10 pin bowling or darts Do it every day for an hour a day, and your level of improvement will be absolutely enormous. Some will be better than others, but everyone will be better.

This is why it's called language skills. There is nothing conceptual or abstract about language.

In the words of Nike. Just do it.

Sit a 4 year old in a Thai bar for a year, and it will learn both Thai, Lao, some English, German and other languages...... No formal education needed. It will probably learn a bit of poll dancing too and how to play connect 4.

Learning language as a child is a different process.

By puberty you have lost that ability.

lmfao. Are you serious. Boom boom . Jiggy jigg, me love you handsome man, you buy me drink, we go now, i go now. 500 bart,1000 bart.

Reckon i could teach a parrot those bits and pieces,before and after puberty

Goodness me, I am sure the poor young girl things the same about your "base animal level" as she is "enduring" your old wrinkly carcass panting all over her whilst she is covered in drool.

Without the need for cash none of these girls would put themselves through a single night with 95% of the old geezers on here.

I find it all repulsive. I doubt anyone of you has the fortitude to google the human trafficking nightmare in this part of the world and the training ground Thailand has become for shipping prostitutes all of the world. Just carry on regardless telling yourself you are part of a social justice plan contributing to a way of life these women would not have without you,, very sad.

As I have said before, I hope there is a custodial sentence for the "punters" sometime soon.

A Thai girl recently told me she loves her younger bf (close to her age), but strings along a few older guys bc she's very concerned about getting married and not sure if the young guy will commit. Seems pretty indicative of what a lot of em are thinking. I don't want to discount the importance of money and the allure of an older, more mature man, but it seems like many of these girls would in fact prefer a guy closer to their age. I still meet girls all the time that are married to older men and play around every chance they get.

Funny thing. Poor old men dont attract young girls.............................hahahaha.

Not at all. I learnt more than passable Thai, Korean, and mandarin with no formal education in Thailand.

Yes the way language is processed is slightly different, but not so remarkably. As a child one doesn't have to apply oneself and becoming bilingual is much easier, but later in life, it can be done.

This all started with a discussion that bargirls are more intelligent than the general population because the learn English in their work.

"This all started with a discussion that bargirls are more intelligent than the general population..........."

I beg to differ. This was started by an allegation that most bar girls were of low intelligence.

Many war POW's say are happy......

Many kids on the street say they are happy..

Many prisoners say they are happy...

this thread is still delusional......

justify what you do however you want....

but you will be judged in the after life!!!!! haha

coffee1.gif

Many war POW's say are happy......

Many kids on the street say they are happy..

Many prisoners say they are happy...

this thread is still delusional......

justify what you do however you want....

but you will be judged in the after life!!!!! haha

coffee1.gif

No doubt many bankers, lawyers and politicians claim to be happy too and will also br judged.

So far there have been 341 responses to the OP. All of them are correct. I am quite certain that at least one or more ladies in the P4P game fits one or more of the descriptions of the reasons the girls claim theyare happy or sad, why they are in the game, what their life was before, what they want to get out of it, if they do this on their free will or are prisoners of the sex trade, whether they are literate or illiterate, intelligent or stupid. They encompass each and every one of the thoughts presented here of why, how and who.

Those who have been here long enough have met and witnessed the fact that each of the ladies has her own story. Her own reason d'étre. It appears more of the answers reflect on the poster's view or experience (myself included) rather than the actual facts.

Whether or not prostitution is a victimless crime or not, is irrelevant. My opinion that it is a victimless crime is also irrelevant. Prostitution is here to stay. They don't call it "the oldest profession" for nothing. It was here, is here and will always be here. It is the nature of the beast. The freedom to choose what to do with your own body. When capital gain is involved, it becomes either a decision of necessity or one of pure choice. Happy or sad, right or wrong, looking for marriage or just accumulate money or pay off debt is really irrelevant. It just is what it is. P4P.

The freedom to choose what to do with your own body.

I always wonder how many pro-choice, "a woman's right to choose" people also support prostitution. When you think about it, having any issue with prostitution in and of itself is really quite silly, provided the women are of age and making a choice. Any efforts to combat it should be focused on women that don't fit both criteria, or more specifically the people that traffic and solicit them. Edited by eldragon

I always wonder how many pro-choice, "a woman's right to choose" people also support prostitution. When you think about it, having any issue with prostitution in and of itself is really quite silly, provided the women are of age and making a choice. Any efforts to combat it should be focused on women that don't fit both criteria, or more specifically the people that traffic and solicit them.

Can you explain choice, forced by your Family to provide money, Forced by your Husband, have to feed your children becasue your husband gets drunk or has left you. Culture, to provide for your ageing parents, all free will , Not. In a country that will not let you work in many jobs till you're 18, or have degrees, And when you're 30 you are told you are to old for the Job. or just cannot get a job becasue of cheap Foreign workers, Or you can sell your body and get a month's worth of pay in a day, instead of working in a Factory or shop. some choice.

Edited by Thongkorn

I always wonder how many pro-choice, "a woman's right to choose" people also support prostitution. When you think about it, having any issue with prostitution in and of itself is really quite silly, provided the women are of age and making a choice. Any efforts to combat it should be focused on women that don't fit both criteria, or more specifically the people that traffic and solicit them.

Can you explain choice, forced by your Family to provide money, Forced by your Husband, have to feed your children becasue your husband gets drunk or has left you. Culture, to provide for your ageing parents, all free will , Not. In a country that will not let you work in many jobs till you're 18, or have degrees, And when you're 30 you are told you are to old for the Job. or just cannot get a job becasue of cheap Foreign workers, Or you can sell your body and get a month's worth of pay in a day, instead of working in a Factory or shop. some choice.

Forced does not imply choice. As far as all those other conditions are concerned, I would just point to the people who remain poor and do not resort (or ask a family member to resort) to prostitution.

Not all bar girls are illiterate and from poor families, I have met some highly educated with degrees, they work bar or gogo's and go with falang as money is easy and they have fun too.

Not all bar girls are illiterate and from poor families, I have met some highly educated with degrees, they work bar or gogo's and go with falang as money is easy and they have fun too.

Which agogos have these highly edukated chicks.?

Any ratio of degreed prostitoots to elementary edukated ones. 1- 1000...lol.

Edited by Nomyai

. Playscool init

Try Baccara on soi Cowboy. PM me for numbers.

Not sure about girls from gogos,

But the last girl I lived with in CM (about 1 year) had a degree in marketing from CM university, the only product she ever marketed was herself.

And the girl I married (6 years),

Bought her from her mum, (does SinSot make her a sex worker?, I think so) anyway, she finished high school last year, and started CM university earlier this year (I suggested BA tourism, but she insisted on BA Political Science).

So I'm certainly getting through the educated chicks!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

This high season is starting out very BADLY! Rainbow 4(many high er edukated girl me-thinks.......lol) closed awhile now. One would think the other Rainbows would be packed. They are not!

Isan going to be in for a long and dreary high season.

Many sad girls now. Customers not shoiwng up en masse.

Rainbow 4 been closed awhile. It would make sense other Rainbows would be packed to the gills to make up for the big dog . Anything but.

All you with village families be warned the money grabbing mas n pas will be intense this season.

Many sad girls now. Customers not shoiwng up en masse.mmo

Rainbow 4 been closed awhile. It would make sense other Rainbows would be packed to the gills to make up for the big dog . Anything but.

All you with village families be warned the money grabbing mas n pas will be intense this season.

Money grabbing mas n pas ? Pardon my ignorance. Also whats rainbow 4? Whats big dog? Why do you think its gone so quiet now? Just interested what you think as you seem to be experienced in the field. Cheers Cobbler