Storm water solution Beach Rd Pattaya, I don't think so.

Put some 60-80cm wide drain pipes from beach road 10 metres to the beach. How hard can it be?

Putting new sand and continuously digging up the sand is surely costing many times more that. But then again, who owns the sand/digging company? angry.png

Edited by wump

I'd also hazard a guess this incompetence is really just corruption , and this is where it is so destructive to Thai communities because it not only bleeds them of money , it causes untold disruption and traffic danger while the work continually gets done and undone - in order to be rorted.

There is a road in the middle of Patong that many expats used to call "Middle Broken Road" , that the previous Mayor had under construction for many , many years. Just when it looked complete , it would have holes cut in it , or whole new pieces dug up again.

He died unexpectedly and the new Mayor had the road complete within a couple of months.

I heard then that the previous Mayor had got 15% of any work done on that road , and thus he had no interest in seeing it finished...