Guarantee letter written in Thai from Thai spouse

I have been serching here and the googles but can not find an example of this letter needed by the royal thai embassy in HMC Vietnam

This is needed to support my NoN O visa

I have emailed and called the embassy with no reply

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Edited by scootypaul

Suspect you mean a letter of current relationship to support marriage visa application and that is just a note signed by wife requesting you be issued a visa to be with her (no special form or format). Current date/signature and copy of ID would be what they look for to prove that relationship is ongoing (many have used old marriage paperwork well after marriage relationship has ended and this is an added check for that).

It is stated on the website

• Guarantee letter wrritten in Thai from Thai spouse
  • Copy of marriage certificate
  • Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card
  • Certified copy of house registration book
  • Other relevant document, for example, copy of Thai child’s birth certificate / ID card
  • Like 1

The letter lopburi3 mentioned is what they actually want.

The certified copies part means signed and dated by your wife.

I hope you don't plan to get a multiple entry non-o visa. As far as I know they will not do them.

@ubonjoe

I'd be intresested to know where you got this information from that HMC Thai Embassy is not issuing Non-O ME visas ?

As a Old buddy of mines got his last month ?

Regards

No mention of multi's on their web site......................

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/34923-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22O%22---Accompanying-sp.html

@ubonjoe

I'd be intresested to know where you got this information from that HMC Thai Embassy is not issuing Non-O ME visas ?

As a Old buddy of mines got his last month ?

Regards

Very interested, when it comes time to apply for another Non Imm O multi-entry next year. If you have time please post a trip report after you apply for the visa.

Interesting !

Looking again they have two pages, the one you have posted and the one I posted!

Which is the "correct" page I wonder ?smile.png

The correct page is the one listing single and multi entry - you called up the page for a foreign spouse. But as said just because multi entry is listed does not mean it will be issued.

• 11 months later...
8 minutes ago, shadiadi said:

Hi so did anyone find an example of this letter?

I am in Ho Chi Minh with my wife now and have no idea what this letter needs to have in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

She just needs to write a short note requesting you be issued the visa so that you can be with her. Nothing fancy is needed.

It is not really a guarantee letter.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

If it is handwritten it would have to be in Thai , are they going to accept that?

My wife knows about 10 words in English lol.

May seem like a dumb question but after all the BS we just went through to register the marriage.

I would like to be prepared 100%

Thanks

26 minutes ago, shadiadi said:

Thanks for the reply.

If it is handwritten it would have to be in Thai , are they going to accept that?

My wife knows about 10 words in English lol.

May seem like a dumb question but after all the BS we just went through to register the marriage.

I would like to be prepared 100%

Thanks

It can be in Thai. In fact they would probably expect it to be in Thai.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

What does a Thai wife do for a certified copy of Government ID and House book. If Wife keeps her own name when registered, does that cause problem anywhere proving she is your wife?

Edited by Danthai

1 minute ago, Danthai said:

What does a Thai wife do for a certified copy of Government ID and House book. If Wife keeps her own name when registered, does that cause problem anywhere proving she is your wife?

That means your wife signing the copies of her house book registry and ID card.

• 4 months later...
On 11/5/2015 at 12:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

The letter lopburi3 mentioned is what they actually want.

The certified copies part means signed and dated by your wife.

I hope you don't plan to get a multiple entry non-o visa. As far as I know they will not do them.

Is this Still the case?

i am just getting all my stuff together and i think this is what i need,  a multiple entry visa based on Marriage

7 minutes ago, shaemus said:

Is this Still the case?

i am just getting all my stuff together and i think this is what i need,  a multiple entry visa based on Marriage

Things have changed since I did that post nearly 4 years ago.

The will do multiple entry non-o visa now. Many recent reports about it on this forum.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Things have changed since I did that post nearly 4 years ago.

The will do multiple entry non-o visa now. Many recent reports about it on this forum.

Thanks again for the reply.

I was searching for details about the Content of the letter from my Wife and this thread popped up.

Shaemus