Medical Certificate For Work Permit

Hi,

I need to get a medical certificate to be added to the massive pile of paperwork needed for my work permit. I was just wondering, is this a standard procedure given at any hospital, or is it the case that if I go to Bumrungrad (for example) I will get charged an extortionate amount for something which can be knocked off for a few dozen baht at a normal, local hospital?

Basically, I was advised that this certificate and examination costs about 60 Baht and takes half an hour. But is this the case wherever I go to get it done?

Thanks,

Dan.

My health certificate cost 60 baht. The doctor checked my pulse, looked at the back of my hands and pronounced me fully fit to work in Thailand. I think I was in his office for less than 60 seconds. The clinic was somewhere on Thonglor.

The doctor checked my pulse, looked at the back of my hands and pronounced me fully fit to work in Thailand.

Why look at the back of your hands :o ?

Checking for early signs of elephantitis, tuberculosis or one of those mentioned on the health certificate. At least that is what the guy told me. Or maybe I was hungover and heard it wrong. Or was it the fingernails?